ASUS Motherboard problems

Not sure on the model of my mother board but its an ASUS. When I boot up my computer I get a screen that shows the ASUS logo and gives me the option to enter into the EFI BIOS settings by pressing the DEL key. I press the key and nothing happens. Its like its frozen on this screen and Im not too sure wtf to do. Getting real worried.

Someone help

Make sure your RAM is compatible. Even if its the correct form factor and speed, it might still be incompatible due to BIOS incompatibilities. Had that problem with my M4A88TD V-Evo. Check your mobo manual or ASUS website.

I think I've fixed it. I disabled Norton anti-virus for shits and giggles and it boots up like a champ now. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    I think I've fixed it. I disabled Norton anti-virus for shits and giggles and it boots up like a champ now. Weird.
    Norton ruins peoples lives again. Their on a record.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burn Norton in righteous fire. But seriously get anything other than that :P

Sounds like you had boot sector protection turned on.....and that particular bit of code was written before EFI became the de-facto standard, so the AV was trying to prevent boot sector writes when your EFI BIOS requires them.

Screw Norton and lazy programmers.

That is all.

Carry on.