Deleted

Balance Changes thread [Talent Calc]

As the new calc has gone up, share and discuss any changes you've noticed in this thread.

So far I have:
    Arcane hurricane
    Lunar eclipse resets starfall cooldown
    IS now increases damage taken instead of dealing damage
    Moonkin aura is back to being 5% crit

Anything I've missed?
    Last edited by mmoc8f379c060d; 2011-11-23 at 06:56 AM.

Deleted
    I know it's not for balance but feline grace seems to be available in all forms as well and dash removing roots and snares is too.

bash is a 50 sec cd for non ferals

growl activates bear form

Hurricane still costs lots of mana ¬_¬

natures grasp has 1 charge

Might of ursoc (frenzied regen without the regen)

stampeding roar breaks roots and snares to allies affected, using it outside of cat or bear form activates bear form

no out of combat rez, lunar showers is now baseline....and that really irks me
    Jahlove, Troll Druid of <Huge in Japan>
    Armory | JahUI Download | Raid Livestream | Youtube

Incarnation:

Bound backwards and gain eclipse energy - moonkin disengage!

This is more of a general druid thing, but it looks like its implied that druid talents that require a form will automatically shift you into the appropriate form, ie using displacer beast automatically puts you into cat form. this is great because it removes the clunkiness and need for lots of macros - a really nice step in the right direction for bringing hybridization back.

ALSO a lot of our talents convert caster stats into melee stats and add survivability. perhaps we are seeing the return of panzerkin?

oh, and what do you think the CD on wild charge is going to be? is our new opener going to go like: bearform, wild charge, moonkin form, dots, wild charge? probably not, but wouldnt that be fun?
    Last edited by skeebopshapow; 2011-11-23 at 08:00 AM.

Two things I noticed:

Euphoria now only grants the extra solar/ lunar energy.

It seems Nature's grace was nerfed to a 1% and moved into the eclipse mechanic along with Euphoria's other half (the mana upon reaching an eclipse)

Deleted
    Most notable changes for balance:

1. Balance druids will be able to do good damage in cat/bear form due to 100% (150% with talent on 6min CD) scaling intellect => agility.
    This means that if you're silenced for 5-7sec you can build 5 combo points and use maim for 5sec stun while doing decent damage.

2. Balance druids will have 3 healing spells:
    - rejuvenation (it does some instant healing now)
    - healing touch (2.5sec cast time)
    - * cenarion ward (this is a talent) - usable in moonkin form
    No longer lifebloom or regrowth

3. Balance druids will be able to kite well
    - * disengage - talent
    - * faerie swarm (50% slow) - talent

4. Balance druids will be able to stun more easily than before
    - bash (5sec stun) has no rage cost + bear form starts with 10 rage anyway upon shifting
    - pounce (4 sec stun) + maim (5 sec stun) - remember you'll want to stay in cat form every now and then since the damage will scale
    - bear hug (3 sec stun + 30% of your max health in damage)

5. Survival
    +30% max health baseline talent (not requiring bear form, might be tooltip error)
    20% less dmg on travel form (+jump) talent

Seems pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Savagemoon View Post
    Two things I noticed:

Euphoria now only grants the extra solar/ lunar energy.

It seems Nature's grace was nerfed to a 1% and moved into the eclipse mechanic along with Euphoria's other half (the mana upon reaching an eclipse)
    Probably a tooltip error. 1% haste would be pretty pointless.

Earth and Moon seems to be gone, but Unholy DKs and Warlocks still have the 8% debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by skeebopshapow View Post
    Incarnation:

Bound backwards and gain eclipse energy - moonkin disengage!
    [...]
    oh, and what do you think the CD on wild charge is going to be? is our new opener going to go like: bearform, wild charge, moonkin form, dots, wild charge? probably not, but wouldnt that be fun?
    *cough*Wild Charge*cough*

Anyway, remember that it is either Wild Charge or Incarnation or Force of Nature. You can only get one.
    Wild Charge seems like a good idea if you're mostly soloing, though... and it actually affects all forms, not just the "combat" ones.

Incarnation seems to have an incorrect tooltip for Balance... it's the same as Moonkin.

Also, Lunar Shower. Blech. Maybe it'll be a bit more worthwile in 5.0.
    Last edited by huth; 2011-11-23 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    I'm curious what exactly the treants from Force of nature will do. It has to be pretty good to rival Wild charge.
    My best guess:
    - moonkin - they cast moonfire, giving 3 small dots as pretty much trash buffs
    - feral - they melee and bleed the target
    - resto - they cast rejuvenation on the lowest health party members
    - guardian - damage taken reduced by x% per treant