Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It does indeed look like conflag is no longer tied to immolate, due to the fact that you get conflag at 10, then immo at 12. Really, destro looks like it can actually be destructive again!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SvetlanaSvetlana View Post
    Did anyone notice... No Chaos Bolt?

I personally approve, because I didn't like it anyways. It didn't provide anything to the tree but a pretty spell effect.

What I WANT them to do, since they're taking it away from us, is make it a minor glyph, that morphs Soul Fire into Chaos Bolt, only affecting the button's look and the spell effect.

That would be some hot palootie.
    on top of that it was green.

15+ Year Old Account
    wait a minute

so with hog 3 times in a row we could build up 75 demonic fury and boom /cast wild imps

an army of little fu**ers \o/

it really seems meta will be permanent, awesome, warlock tanking again \o/!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No sign of 'Demonic Slash' they talked about on the Q&A, and with Shadowflame having a knockback in Meta I guess the 'melee Meta' is gone outside of AoE, which is good. On the other hand far, far too many of the Demo abilities are 'Passive', and literally have no interaction - and where the hell is Molten Core? D:

Also, Malefic Grasp looks more like a replacement for Haunt than it does Shadow Bolt with it's effect lasting 9s. Interesting that Nightfall procs for MG rather than SB if that's the case.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2011-11-23 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    where the hell is Molten Core? D:
    As it stands, incinerate is destro only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    ... I hate to cause issues, but does anyone else notice Metamorphosis does not have a duration in the spell description? >_>

EDIT: Looking at the other Demonology skills like Demonic Leap SUGGESTS that Metamorphosis is going to be a permanent form.
    They have already stated that the duration of metamorphosis will be measured by the amount of 'demonic fury' you have built up and not have a CD.
    dictated but not read.

This has got to be the best thing I have woken up to in a LONG time! I can't stop drooling right now. Yes, I know some of it will probably change. But damn I'm excited for MoP right now!

... I hate to cause issues, but does anyone else notice Metamorphosis does not have a duration in the spell description? >_>

EDIT: Looking at the other Demonology skills like Demonic Leap SUGGESTS that Metamorphosis is going to be a permanent form.
    I believe they said at Blizzcon, or some panel or something afterwards, that the duration depends on how many charges you have of Demonic Fury.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    They have already stated that the duration of metamorphosis will be measured by the amount of 'demonic fury' you have built up and not have a CD.
    wonder how this duration thing works if you are still casting sb´s while morphed...
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    wait a minute

so with hog 3 times in a row we could build up 75 demonic fury and boom /cast wild imps

an army of little fu**ers \o/

it really seems meta will be permanent, awesome, warlock tanking again \o/!!!
    HoG only generates fury if the target is not afflicted with curse of Gul'dan.

It doesn't say meta is permanent, on the contrary, they have said its uptime will be determined by the amount of fury. We won't be tanking any bosses.

No sign of 'Demonic Slash' they talked about on the Q&A, and with Shadowflame having a knockback in Meta I guess the 'melee Meta' is gone outside of AoE, which is good. On the other hand far, far too many of the Demo abilities are 'Passive', and literally have no interaction - and where the hell is Molten Core? D:
    Your Shadow Bolt changes into Demonic Slash when in Meta, so it wouldn't show up as a seperate spell. It just appears when you go Demon Form.

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 11:30 AM ----------

wonder how this duration thing works if you are still casting sb´s while morphed...
    You can't since it changes into Demonic Slash when you go Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Your Shadow Bolt changes into Demonic Slash when in Meta, so it wouldn't show up as a seperate spell. It just appears when you go Demon Form.

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 11:30 AM ----------

You can't since it changes into Demonic Slash when you go Meta.
    Hellfire turns into Immolation Aura when in Meta - that is listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphexEU View Post
    It really looks to me that demon warlocks gonna turn into tanks. I mean, the change to metamorphosis just screams; I AMMA TANK THIS SHIAT!

Which in my opinion would then be the coolest tank choice, just because metamorphosis looks bad ass. And the demon specc seem to have many demons out at once, cool!
    And some of the talents seem to scream; tank!
    check the current tooltip on meta.
    dictated but not read.

Hopefully the shadowflame knockback is something closer to thunderstorm than whiplash.

Hellfire turns into Immolation Aura when in Meta - that is listed.
    Must be an oversight on their part then. They specifically said that Shadow Bolt changes into Demonic Slash.

Unless they changed their minds completely. Which wouldn't be the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking through my spell lists now, it's looking like my rotation is going to be BoD, Corruption, Shadow Bolt, HoG every 15s (although questionable damage) then Soul Fire during the execute. Fuck that bullshit for dumbing down a spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    all right, need more information then... without propper tooltips this is all speculation

will wild imps generate demonic fury even while meta is up? i don´t get that, then why the tanking part on meta, taking less dmg would be good enough if we aoe-aggro everything as usual

all right, need more information then... without propper tooltips this is all speculation

will wild imps generate demonic fury even while meta is up? i don´t get that, then why the tanking part on meta, taking less dmg would be good enough if we aoe-aggro everything as usual
    Meta has always decreased the amount of physical damage we take. I don't understand why people act as if it is only now getting "tanking properties". It was supposed to be useful for tanking a bit of trash on a spot occasionally but nothing serious like boss tanking.

Looking through my spell lists now, it's looking like my rotation is going to be BoD, Corruption, Shadow Bolt, HoG every 15s (although questionable damage) then Soul Fire during the execute. Fuck that bullshit for dumbing down a spec.
    More buttons=/=complex spec.

We don't know what the optimal process for meta uptime will be. I see this as 'cleaning' up the spec, more than dumbing it down. All in all, demo isn't hard to play atm, it just has a lot of buttons. I doubt that it will be dumber, it might even be more complex.

So basically, you're trading a couple of your keybinds, for a cleaner rotation, and a solid compliance to the spec theme.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

10+ Year Old Account

They (blizzard) said that demo warlocks would be getting a new mechanic via a demonic fury bar, or something like that. The more you cast spells, the more it fills up, when it's full you go into Metamorphosis. I believe the bar just slowly depletes and when it's empty you leave metamorphosis again.

10+ Year Old Account
    +imps + talent spells + demon form rotation changes + soulburns + portals + guardian management

IDK about you but i don't think it's going to be dumbed down at all.

I am more excited for destro tbh, and i haven't been excited for anything in the destro tree since ruin.
    dictated but not read.