Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Looks like: "Ok ! We removed bunch of insignificant things which was 3\4 of the game, and built in all talents into abilities, so you no need to think when levelling at all !"
    WoW for nobrainers, keep kissing squirriels ...
    Because leveling was hard to begin with, right? Everybody knows from the start what build they want to use and allocate points accordingly, also the talent trees were pointless since 1 combination of talents was the best and nobody used the rest.

Now they have baked the talent trees and the specialization into one, and gave you the option to choose a new spell/ability every 15 levels. How is removing a practically superfluous system and presenting you with real choices during leveling is dumbing down?

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    Now they have baked the talent trees and the specialization into one, and gave you the option to choose a new spell/ability every 15 levels. How is removing a practically superfluous system and presenting you with real choices during leveling is dumbing down?
    Because there still is no real choice, you only need to answer two, potentially three questions to know what to pick, 1. what is my role (dps/tank/healer), 2. am i doing PvE or PvP, and possibly 3. Is there a fight mechanics that benefits from any of my 'choices', that's it.

Only way out of this oversimplified version of talents and cookie cutter builds would be more choice, in fact so many choices that there would be hard to differentiate what was the 'best' choice, while there always will be a 'best' choice if the options available falls within 5-10% difference with various levels of complexity in play style it comes down to choice unless you play in the top 5% competitive bracket.

Sadly this is harder to balance and going by how Blizzard is developing the game atm and the audience they are catering to we won't see any design like that.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2011-11-24 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added potential third question.

Except they aren't really taking it away that much. The old system was calculate the modifiers of each talent, ignore the rest. Now we get all our passive buffs automatically so any of the maximizing no brainer "talents" are built in for us.
    They are taking away choice and personal prefference. And building your spec according to your gear and playstyle or game phase. Cause for most of the toons i play i use different specs for: leveling, farming old content, 5 man dungoen spec (early into the expansion, right after hitting 85), t11 raiding spec, t12 raiding spec, and so on. I won't have that. All i have now is "Oh this boss has adds, brb, respeccing into Earthgrab totem" after each boss kill. An there's not much thought process involved. At least in the past you could have some fun by really trying to understand which talents work the best for a specific gear set and why. Now it's just no brainer decisions that only relate to boss mechanics.

They removed atonement from the disc priest?

I don't get what everyone is complaining about, there's about as much choice as there used to be, imo even more. Yes for tank/dps/healing roles there is less choice. But it will be easier to switch cool talents for pve/pvp or situational stuff and as someone usually has to use his dps pve spec on the four tanking toons I have in pvp, I'm liking the changes. Tbh from wotlk to cata to mop, I see just as much choice/cookie cutter so Y U QQ? Only cause you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Najom View Post
    so it's utterly pointless then, really.... 4 seconds is barely enough time to cast a spell.

druid one looks interesting, though.
    I have a better explanation:
    A warrior charges at you, improved hamstring and Bladestorm.
    You have no trinket and no blink.
    Boy, you gonna die! Activate this ability now!
    3.5 second later, you are at 15% Health and the warrior is thinking "I got this damn mage now!"
    After 4 seconds that you activated the ability, you are back to 100% Health and the warrior is thinking "WTF Lay on Hands?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyMonk88 View Post
    maybe you didnt notice but pallys have to choose between that stun, a slow or a cc...do warriors?
    Yes, they choose between throwdown, piercing howl, or a tick that slows movement by 50%.

Deleted
    Need need need !

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Did you play during the Burning Crusade? It was pretty useful when you could enslave elite pitlords and force them to kill other elites for you.
    do u see this change a major change? that will effect wow gaming ? its not, removing it could be a part of changing the style of gaming like in some cases beside making him kill his own friends, now the new play style is making him run in fear while that u kill his friend.

i would like to say something about people who are complaining about the mage new spell. one note that i wanted to add is, the spell should not return u from 1% to 100% to be effective. this spell is more useful for pros or people who know how to use it, using it in a situation where ur healer is CCed and ur facing a cooldown burst, would be very effective to atleast make it at 30% or even less and get healed full hp by ur healer. so when evaluating some spells, don't think how easy u will get out of trouble , think of how can u escape trouble with max dmg possible.