Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mage: Portal To Theramore?!

Looking through the MoP Talnet Calculator, I noticed Theramore in the list of Portal/Teleport Spells....

Anyone?

It has always been there.

I believe he is asking cos of the Threamore destruction in 5.0.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Destroyed, but not taken.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    You never played an Alliance mage right?

Horde got Stonard.

so they are keeping a spell thats always been there..... yay? just like the horde mages can port to Stonard ally can... http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49359/teleport-theramore

Edit: Even with the city being "destroyed" i still imagine its going to still be the same kinda quest hubby place, but with some fire, broken buildings , some dead bodies, and quests from the survivors asking for vengance. just a guess though
    Last edited by mmaluso; 2011-11-23 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be renamed to "Ruins of Theramore," or just straight up removed and relocated to Feathermoon Stronghold or some other Kalimdor outpost.

They can't remove the Theramore portal.

What would mages do for fun if they couldn't stick it on the same spot at the SW portal and let the raid play a rousing game of Teleport Roulette?

Its funny. You would think they would be more responsive since they have a portal that can take them there, but instead the horde still takes it somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    Its funny. You would think they would be more responsive since they have a portal that can take them there, but instead the horde still takes it somehow.
    They never said horde occupy it.

Horde torches it, ally counter and retake it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Horde torches it, ally counter and retake it.
    That's quite a dodgy inference. We have, like... absolutely zero idea about how it's going to go down, aside from Theramore being, in GC's words, "destroyed."

I wouldn't put to much thought into it. Some trees are still fairly obvios WiPs. Some skills even still have their old tooltips, including references to lower ranks that don't actually exist in the new system, like Enhancement Maelstrom Weapon being more effective than rank 2.

Stormwind was assaulted by a world-breaking dragon. What happened to it? It lost a mostly dissused park in the back corner, got some scratches on the front gates and knocked over a statue.

I think Theramore is going to be fine. I think it's going to be under attack, but will remain the same at the end with some burnt towers and a broken dock with a bonus burnt wreck of a ship.

It's quite possible the Alliance will still control Theramore Isle even if the city itself is destroyed.

Perhaps Theramore is destroyed, but the Horde forces take such massive casualties in the process there's nothing stopping the Alliance from walking in and reclaiming the island, which they then do with a mix of Stormwind and Northwatch forces.

Theramore would then be more of a military encampment then a city. But even that would be more then enough to support the boat to Menethil and the Mage teleport spell.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    That's quite a dodgy inference. We have, like... absolutely zero idea about how it's going to go down, aside from Theramore being, in GC's words, "destroyed."
    But so is the claim horde occupies it.

Right now, we just have to accept that ownership of Theramore is up in the air. This portal, in my opinion, proves the Alliance keeps control but the city is in ruins.

Deleted
    I did indeed notice the fact that it was low-level, & I don't have any Ally Toons (tried leveling a Draenei Mage, got to about 24).

Adding to that Theramore being laid waste, & I kinda jumped to the conclusion it was kinda new-ish...

Deleted
    Mage: Portal to Thrallamore

10+ Year Old Account
    what would make sense is for them to replace it with kul'tiras. jaina is technically the princess of it anyway and now would be the perfect time to add it to the game since its been absent for so long.

It's Horde-occupied, the portal spell is just a joke Blizzard gave to Alliance mages to let them kill their friends quickly.

(OT: I don't think pre-alpha spells are sorted out yet.)

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe only half the city gets destroyed and theres like some last defence holdholt part of the city which you would now teleport to.