Unhappy Little computer help

So i recently bought a new computer off of newegg. Give you the basics for it, 2600k with a Asus motherboard, 1tb Caviar black and just a cheapest SSD i could find, along with a 570 overclocked GTX, with a Corsair 800D. But what im at a loss on is it CONSTANTLY is overheating, i have a coolermaster heatsink fan on the 2600k and after about 3-4 hours of BF3/MW3/WoW/Skyrim itll overheat (no im not running those at the same time those are just what i play) Ive done everythign i can think of, I even put it infront of my AC unit in the window....lol.....but still overheats.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Which part overheats, and how do you know it's overheating?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Well it shuts down and it just poors heat outta it, i can get a thermostate on it and tell you if that will help you and get readings on the hottest part, and from what im feeling by hand its the GPU

Quote Originally Posted by Furiex View Post
    Well it shuts down and it just poors heat outta it, i can get a thermostate on it and tell you if that will help you and get readings on the hottest part, and from what im feeling by hand its the GPU
    The GPU will always get hot - feeling by hand is just wild guessing. There should already be a thermostate built in.

Get some software readings on it.

Did you happen to overclock the 2600k? If so, that's probably the cause. If you didn't, then the GPU will probably be the cause. Try turning up the voltages. Also, grab Prime95 and run it. That should stress test your pc and if it crashes, turn up the voltages again. If you don't want to turn up the voltages, then turn down the OC.

Download HWmonitor and get the real temperature readings while you're playing some games, don't guess with a hand.

If the computer shuts down totally without warning after playing something for 5-15 minutes most likely reason would be graphics card overheating or being broken. Do you see something wrong with picture before the computer hangs, or it just dies without any warning?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Download HWmonitor and get the real temperature readings while you're playing some games, don't guess with a hand.

If the computer shuts down totally without warning after playing something for 5-15 minutes most likely reason would be graphics card overheating or being broken. Do you see something wrong with picture before the computer hangs, or it just dies without any warning?
    Out of curiosity is HWMonitor more accurate than real temp or vice versa? I get different readings from each by ~7c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There’s even been a John Oliver segment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    Out of curiosity is HWMonitor more accurate than real temp or vice versa? I get different readings from each by ~7c.
    Real Temp would be able to give you a better estimate.

Just to let you know why getting the temperature by "feeling around" is a bad idea, your GPU under heavy stress can get up to nearly 90°C(~200°F) so it is always going to feel hot. That will most likely be the hottest part of your system unless something has gone terribly wrong. You definitely want to use some software tools suggested above to get some accurate temp readings using the built in hardware features so we can see if it is really overheating.

Based just off of what you've given us so far, I'm assuming the video card is factory overclocked which means it most likely has some additional ways to dissipate the heat so I wouldn't imagine that is what is causing your system to shutdown.

I also see that you used an aftermarket cooler for your CPU. One of the common mistakes is getting the thermal paste down wrong. Even the pros around here have to do it a few times before they get it right. But again, we won't know for sure if it is heat or something else until we get accurate temperature readings.

Good luck!

570 overclocked GTX - Should not get that hot.

It is probably due to ram being installed in the wrong slots, or something like that. Check that everything is plugged into the write slots. Also check that there is no wire blocking the fan of the GPU. My old system 4870 gpu was shutting down after 15mins of game time. Turns out that some wire was blocking the GPU fan from running and it was over heating><

90 degrees seems to be fine for GPU's, my 480 is always @ 90 when loaded ><

EDIT: CHeck with programs: Realtemp, and speedfan.
    Get speed fan, set your fan speeds to 100%, then check the temps while in a game. If it is an error in setup, the heats would be hot even outside of loading.

Looking for a casual weekend raiding guild - pref AU times for working people><