View Poll Results: Are you a SWTOR fanboy?

Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • Yes, surprisingly (just being honest)

8 34.78%
  • No

13 56.52%
  • I'm 12, I still <3 wow!

2 8.70%

Are you a SWTOR Fanboy?

Ok, I played wow since vanilla, and there were ups (BC) and downs (pandas), but all along the way as our guild led with many first on server (even before achievements kept track) I always kept perspective. In fact the one thing I always hated were the "wow fanbois" who mostly joined in Wrath had no idea what they were talking about and yelled from the rooftops like they did. At times wow was a very good game, but Activision is more about profits than gaming and Cata sort of killed it for me... and pandas were an exclamation mark. Still the wow fanbois cheer. lol.

Anyway, in spite of this, I started the the SWTOR beta, and wow was I impressed. I mean I didn't think I could be into another game as much as I was wow in BC. In fact, I'd rather surf online for more info on crafting, last names, etc. than play any other game. Then I woke up today, started searching, and realized, heck I AM a wow fanboy. Oh well, it's a good game!

How about you? Hooked yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fanboys are blind supporters of a game or company who refuse to acknowledge the opinions of any other people who point out shortcomings of the object of their fanboyism.

Merely liking a game doesn't make you a fanboy.

Also, your poll is stupid. Seriously, don't you idiots realize that posting polls that have a blatantly biased option just makes you look stupid and refutes any credibility you might have had? I'm going to retract my previous statement - you certainly are a fanboy.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2011-11-23 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the third option make it seem like you're biased against WoW?

i like how this poll isnt biased at all

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that I've ever been a fanboy of anything other than supporting PC gaming above all other forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Fanboys are blind supporters of a game or company who refuse to acknowledge the opinions of any other people who point out shortcomings of the object of their fanboyism.

Merely liking a game doesn't make you a fanboy.
    Have you seen the SWTOR fanboys though? They are exactly like this.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like to stay critical, and objective about the games i play. I can enjoy a game, while seeing the faults and flaws! Blind fanboyism is not prefered for both the gamers themselves, or the developers. Feedback you know... '

Also, that poll is ridicilous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Why does the third option make it seem like you're biased against WoW?
    Because I went to Blizzcon (made every one) and it made me sick - so I quit...

I'm a Bioware and Star Wars fan boy. Adding these together... You have one extremely excited raving fan boy here. ;p

Deleted
    Not surpriced to find that OP is ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    Because I went to Blizzcon (made every one) and it made me sick - so I quit...
    Yeah I care so much about video games too that I literally get sick when I see them going in a direction that I don't fully support. You're just racking up the points here bud, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Oboloz View Post
    Have you seen the SWTOR fanboys though? They are exactly like this.
    except they think that just because you don't support SWTOR that obviously you don't know what you're talking about (I get bashed everytime I voice my opinions from which I have from playing the closed beta over the summer) while they more often than not have only played a few hours on the weekend betas' over the past few months.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Thats pretty much how a lot of people on these forums are described, I hate them more than haters

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I haven't tried it yet, and not planning on any time soon. I might give it a try at some point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing as this isn't going to go well. Just let people like what they want to like. No reason to create biased polls and WoW vs SWTOR vs GW2, etc. threads.