Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not to mention, this new tree system gives you more choices than the existing trees do.
    No it doesn't, you get 1 choice from 3 options every 15 lvls. And for hybrids, you get 3 options, one for each spec. So where's the choice? Further more, even though i know the trees aren't final, for shamans there's no dps talent AT ALL at lvl 45, they're all resto talents. Meh!

P.S. With GHW and HW becoming resto spec only spells, what are the rest of the shamans going to use for self heals? If i cast Healing Surge as enhancement i'm oom in 2 casts. And the healing received is crap.

Wait those changes are coming in 5.0? If so then Ok till then there are like 12months + so enough time left to cancel my subscription after 12 my contract is up....

Edit:

WTF!?!? You can take one talent every 15 lvls Whats up with that? Is blizz calling that a tree? Also looking on moonkin "tree" whats up with that? God it like idiots are working for them now...
    Last edited by markos82; 2011-11-24 at 09:41 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Speed of light does seem wrong, makes more sense this way:

Speed of Light
    1 minute cooldown, instant cast
    Increases your movement speed by 60% for 6 seconds, in addition:
    Holy Protection
    Reduces damage taken by 20% for 12 seconds.
    Protection Retribution
    Increases damage done by 10% for 12 seconds.
    Retribution Holy
    Radiates 1000 healing to allies within 10 yards for 12 seconds.

I thought they wanted to eliminate most raid healing from ret paladins in MoP.

Talent calculator?? Where?? All I see is an elementary school style multiple choice quiz!

The Warlock changes have to be the best changes I have ever seen for any class in any expansion. I am SO excited! Chaos Bolt gone sucks, but we'll see if it's really gone. But really this is a minor setback to all the awesome changes, esp in pvp (teleport removing stuns, 50% damage reduction, instant fear or 25% faster afte life tab etc...) AWESOME!
    Last edited by Crovyn; 2011-11-24 at 09:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Divine Storm An area attack that consumes 3 charges of Holy Power to cause 100% weapon damage to enemies within 8 yards. Exclusive to Retribution.

That seems to be a waste of charges

Deleted
    Going along with the bandwagon even though its still WIP as in that way we can at least show us our discontent about the direction they are going with MoP regarding talents and spells.

Cutting down spells for hybrid? Locking existing spells into talent trees that were usable before by all three trees? say whut? Seems dumbing down it even more.

Deleted
    Okay, first of all, the people who are running around with their doomsday banners need to calm down. This is pre-alpha. They probably haven't even started seriously testing internally yet. This is basically just Blizzard giving us an insight into their "Hey, I wonder how this would work if we put it into the game". We didn't get that with Cataclysm, so please don't even compare the changes we got there. Nobody knew specifically what was coming in Cataclysm until the beta started, at which point it was probably too late for major feedback to be considered.

We're now seeing what they plan to do with classes, or things they think might work, or things they thought might work and have already realised won't. These are not PATCH NOTES. These are changes to an already-incomplete talent calculator that they've given us early so that we can see what changes from the beginning to the end. Things you think are being completely removed might just not have been added yet.

I can actually see what they're doing with the warrior changes. They're removing cooldowns from abilities and making them cost a resource you can actually control your intake of. If you use that cooldown, you lose some of that resource for other things. I'm pretty sure they won't let it get to a point where you're just spamming defensive cooldowns and not using rage for anything else. If anything, they're probably taking the same philosophy with the rage cost as they usually do with new things--start out really high, then reduce it until it feels right.

As for Shield Wall not requiring shields, if you look at the graphic for it at the moment it causes a wall of shields to surround you--none of which are the shield you're actually holding. You don't have more than one shield equipped, OMG WHERE DID THE OTHERS COME FROM? There's nothing nonsensical about this and protection warriors who are actually serious about tanking will be using a shield anyway.

People realy need to stop acting like these changes are final, if u actually care to read the blue post, you would easly see its "pre-alpha", theyre just looking for feedback. Saying "oh good i got time to quit before this goes live" is just pure dumbness... Now is the time to actually help them understanding your point of view on the changes they already put out.And after all, you guys realy so concerned about talents and stuff? its sounds like all people is like spending hours and hours atm deciding what talents to use. its never been that way in wow, always been cookiecutter builds for everything, and will always be. Never in any game have any talent system offered diffrent choices that in the end didnt result in someone breaking it down into fragments and come up with the most optimal when it comes to damage. these changes that makes the system "easier" will make you spend exactly the same time in ur talent screen as before, and keep you spending 99% of ur time of the game in the raids (if ur a raider) or in pvp grounds (if ur a pvp'er).But just remember, instead of QQ like your life is over, now make a change, go into the MoP forums, explain your class change and why its bad, and how they can make it better, would save us all alot of QQ posts which is realy not needed and so booring to read.

Deleted
    Impressive work done by the mods!! However, I'm not sure there are more changes that they haven't been able to list as the changes for hunters and shammys (my two main classes) aren't that uplifting. Na, I'm guessing the mods have done their job, its just the pre alpha stage by Blizz that makes the changes rather lack luster at this point. Right?

If they are wondering how it will work then there is something terribly wrong in their HQ. Look moonkins "talent tree" at lvl60 and tell me what will you chose? Now treants are no longer only for moonkins, then look at other two optional talents and tell me what to chose...Its like someone has decide that the best idea is to destroy this game....

The responses in this thread are why Blizzard don't like revealing their internal works. People just scream and cry because they can't read the first few lines and just "amg need to see mah changes" - You are a disgrace and should be ashamed, you're the reason this game is dying.

I can't express how upset this thread makes me
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    ShamanCall of the Ancestors has been removed.Call of the Elements has been removed.Call of the Spirits has been removed.Healing Stream Totem has been removed.Magma Totem has been removed.Purge has been removed.Rockbiter Weapon has been removed.Stoneclaw Totem has been removed.Water Breathing has been removed.
    Seriously Blizzard? Let's all play Age of Conan. At least it's free. Or better let's just play Tetris, as it needs a lot of brain activity, it is user-friendly, challenging and it doesn't charge you 12,99/month to laugh at your face.

Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    Feels like almost everyone posting in this tread is jumping to conclusions. Give them some time and see what they do. They will prob get you back purge and they prob will reduce the rage cost of CS and LS but for the love of god stop complaining so hard when something you don't like happens when they aren't even out yet and it's almost bound to change. Just reading this makes me wanna quit visting mmo champion because it have devolved it to a mindless complain area. Its almost as bad as the offical forums now. So for the love of jebus stop complaining. Because the numbers are not final! Instead of complaining try to adapt. See what there plan is instead of jumping to conclusions.
    It's not simply jump into conclusions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Findme View Post
    Hunters and rogues are going to be shafted another expansion, lol what a joke dev team....

P.S.: I know these are not the final changes, but at the cata beta this was the same situation, we waited and waited for a incoming mysterious rogue class overhaul which never came... I don't expect nothing from this dev team. A team of monkey would do a better job.
    It's called TREND. There is a past history supporting those conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrok View Post
    Can someone please explain why Shaman needed to be gutted so badly? Losing 9 abilities (granted 3 of which are totem-droppers, but still...Purge and Healing Stream Totem? Stoneclaw totem? Lava Burst being Elemental only) and not really gaining anything seems a little...much.
    Dude, did you even TRY out the new calc? Shamans get tons of new stuff with the new talentsystem. Healtotem may be dead (still, the changes are not in stone AND incomplete, maybe they just forgot) but you get a healing stream totem!

I really like the changes till now - shaman is the best way to show - away with the useless passive buffs, only "active" ones remain. I already have every possible keyboardcombo with allmost all skills / totems / whatever and I use them often. In MoP we will have less skills or buttons to push, but that only because they killed the passive buffs etc.

Not getting easier, just better to use. I like this change to "be a bit more active"
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Blizzard is obviously panicking haaaaaard with SWtor coming out so they are showing us pre-alpha stuff lol. That is very questionable on their part. Panick is never good. What I like so far: Moonkins will finally seem to be doing better in pvp. I've waited too long for this! Absolutely loving the hybrid aspect of druids they are improving so much on it. DK Control undead is awesome. Warrior Bloodthirst cd increased, tired of losing in dps to a damn fury warrior! But I play one too and it seems more interesting now. What I don't like: I'm already sure that enh shammy was only gonna be my main for one expac, holy shit, no love for this spec whatsoever from blizz, after having a moonkin for a main I'm picking a spec that actually gets attention for once. (And not just attention like fixing the shitty aoe, but ramp up time, buggy totem and huge cd's on abilities that actually do damage). Not to mention the completely underwhelming talents for shammy omg. Word of Glory needs a cd for ret in pvp, they have bubble and lay on hands already fgs. Warrior tanks aoe just got worse again with revenge's cd lol, sweet lord why. Defensive cd's cost 80 rage, yikes!

Deleted
    Boub should've put Bashiok's post as mandatory to read before being allowed to see the class "changes". For all the people crying like babies about being "nerfed" - this is by no means even close to finished. Look at Warlocks. You can assume that all classes will be like that, or at least close to it.

Stop the crying, it's obnoxious. Nobody cares about your "blizz is retarded, they nerfed the lowest dps class huungnghh QQ", so stop it.

I, for one, really love these changes. I'm not silly enough to believe they're close to finished, but rather there to give us an idea about what they intended with the changes - people have been really confused with where their spells such as Living Bomb, and Deep Freeze went, and Blizzard needed to show them where they'd come from.

And yes, these talents are far far far better than current. Current talents have very close to no choice whatsoever. These talents will provide at least 5 choices for all classes, and in best cases 6.
    They are changes that are good for everyone. Good and bad players. The bad players can get a decent spec without copying someone else, while the good players can actually think about how they should spec.

Speed of Light 1 minute cooldown, instant cast Increases your movement speed by 60% for 6 seconds, in addition: Holy Reduces damage taken by 20% for 12 seconds. Protection Increases damage done by 10% for 12 seconds. Retribution Radiates 1000 healing to allies within 10 yards for 12 seconds.
    This looks odd to me. Holy gets damage reduction, Prot damage increase and Ret gets a heal, seems off to me The changes to the way protwarriors work looks incredibly intriguing. And symbiosis sounds very mysterious....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassy View Post
    This looks odd to me. Holy gets damage reduction, Prot damage increase and Ret gets a heal, seems off to me The changes to the way protwarriors work looks incredibly intriguing. And symbiosis sounds very mysterious....
    I saw this too and I believe it's weird, but makes sense. If they gave healing through it to Holy, damage to Ret, and damage reduction to Prot, there would be absolutely no choice in that tier; Speed of Light would be the only option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    The responses in this thread are why Blizzard don't like revealing their internal works. People just scream and cry because they can't read the first few lines and just "amg need to see mah changes" - You are a disgrace and should be ashamed, you're the reason this game is dying.

I can't express how upset this thread makes me
    I totally agree with this.

People have to remember that all this is PRE-Alpha material, just because Blizzard announced it doesn't necessarily mean that all these changes will be
    implemented into the live Alpha - I suppose its just the developers putting out feelers to how things could work.

After all the changes I have had to endure as a Paladin over the last few patches I'm interested to see how things unfold and am more than happy to wait
    until Beta testing.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"