Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys forgot Inferno blast ! Fire blast now spreads dots and gives your next spells a chance to stun! (fire only)

Would anyone care to fill me in on what Restless Strikes, the rogue talent, is.

I really hope the shaman is simply completely out of date. The change list reads "remove, remove, remove, remove, exclusive to spec, exclusive to sepc...".

"Shield Wall no longer requires shields." That's... interesting. I wonder if they'll change the name, then. Since it's no longer a wall of shields, but merely a wall... But "Wall" doesn't sound as epic...

Where's the Hunter info... oh wait, there it is! Nope, just chuck testa.

Since people will of course rage at some of these changes. I feel the need to remind you that none of this is close to final, and to quote Bashiok:
    The calculator contains elements that are experimental, still in the process of implementation, or in some cases outright failed experiments that we already intend to revise or replace. Odds are good that if it looks like we’ve forgotten some critical piece of a particular class toolkit, it’s either accounted for elsewhere, or simply a data glitch (e.g., Prayer of Healing is currently absent from the calculator – we are not taking Prayer of Healing away from priests, and Devastate for warriors probably won't sunder armor 453%). Our hope is that revealing the calculator in this state will shed light on the philosophy behind our talent overhaul, and let you get a sense of how pieces of your core rotational gameplay, such as Hot Streak, Riptide, or Sudden Doom, fit into the new system.
    I'm personally not making any sort of judgements on any of the lack of spells or supposed spec exclusive abilities until the trees are far more polished.

Can someone please explain why Shaman needed to be gutted so badly? Losing 9 abilities (granted 3 of which are totem-droppers, but still...Purge and Healing Stream Totem? Stoneclaw totem? Lava Burst being Elemental only) and not really gaining anything seems a little...much.

Deleted
    Druids look like they're going to be so much fun! Didn't see hunters get too much love though ... hmmm

Paladin Protection - Shield of Righteousness also improves block chance by 10% for 5 secs.

A complete list of how this game will be ruined.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I like the changes to some of the Warlock spells. Curse of Tongues is one of my favorite spells, and the changes seem to limit the usefulness of the new spell on Raid bosses. And does Fel Armor increase spellpower anymore?

Disc priest meh :/

Yanno what? There's a huge amount of whining already and it's barely been 2 pages.

Bibi/Chaud, I'd recommend re-posting Bashiok's blurb at the end of the changes, just to make sure people are seeing that the calc changes are incomplete and not final?

80 rage for colossus smash? cool i guess ill go fury

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    I'm not sure if I like the changes to some of the Warlock spells. Curse of Tongues is one of my favorite spells, and the changes seem to limit the usefulness of the new spell on Raid bosses. And does Fel Armor increase spellpower anymore?
    Dark Intent gives spell power, and Curse of Tongues is merged with Curse of Weakness. Fel armor now gives health + armor + increased healing.

The live talent tree's are the worst, welcome change. Blizzard knows better then some slack jawed yokel.

These talent trees are very, very unpolished. I know people will make a lot of quick judgements just based off of this unfortunately, even though Bashiok himself says they are far from being correct and there are a lot of things incorrect or missing.

Source:
    The calculator contains elements that are experimental, still in the process of implementation, or in some cases outright failed experiments that we already intend to revise or replace. Odds are good that if it looks like we’ve forgotten some critical piece of a particular class toolkit, it’s either accounted for elsewhere, or simply a data glitch (e.g., Prayer of Healing is currently absent from the calculator – we are not taking Prayer of Healing away from priests, and Devastate for warriors probably won't sunder armor 453%). Our hope is that revealing the calculator in this state will shed light on the philosophy behind our talent overhaul, and let you get a sense of how pieces of your core rotational gameplay, such as Hot Streak, Riptide, or Sudden Doom, fit into the new system.
    Now, I do like this new talent system quite a bit, but I want to see a much more polished version with correct numbers and abilities before I make any sort of final opinion on this.

Deleted
    duuuuuude, i HATE the warrior changes ... i simply HATE HATE HATE them ... if this goes live, i'll definitely reroll

why would they remove haunt and chaos bolt?:S

well done mmo-champion .