Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    Fun fact: Octopi are capable of being out of water so long as they remain damp. So long as they're damp, they're perfectly capable (and willing) to climb out of the water to get something that they want. Usually food.

The university here had a marine biology class that had some aquariums in the lab. One of the aquariums contained an octopus, and for the longest time, they could not figure out where the fish from the other tanks were going. They figured out eventually that the octopus was unlocking his aquarium lid, climbing through the room, getting into the other tanks, eating the fish, and then climbing back into his tank (re-fastening the lock, no less).

Amazingly intelligent creatures.
    There was an octopus, think it was the same one who predicted the World Cup, who kept shooting out the light over his tank. The keepers couldn't figure out why the light never stayed on at night. Turned out the cheeky bugger was climbing out of his cage and firing his ink at the light. Poor guy just wanted some shut eye!
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    There was an octopus, think it was the same one who predicted the World Cup, who kept shooting out the light over his tank. The keepers couldn't figure out why the light never stayed on at night. Turned out the cheeky bugger was climbing out of his cage and firing his ink at the light. Poor guy just wanted some shut eye!
    Damn. Every morning at 8 or 9 am when the sun wakes me up, I'm going to start having half-sleep dreams about shooting ink at that stupid fireball.

I love the "This is Un...Believable!" And "Just give it some space okay?!" Comments. They were layered with wisdom sprinkles.

dead cthuhlu rises from R'lyeh

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

dead cthuhlu rises from R'lyeh

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

15+ Year Old Account
    Release the Kraken!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!