Deleted

does it feel too much like Warcraft?

Hello, I bought the 1 year thing to have Diablo 3, as isometric Dungeon Crawlers are a passion of mine, but I am rather concerned about the artstyle and aesthetics.

Those in the beta can you throw out a little thing, Does it feel too much like warcraft?

Do the armour sets look to Blocky and cartoony?

Is there less gothic style?

Deleted
    Why not watch some youtube videos?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Why not watch some youtube videos?
    Because I want people's opinions on the matter first, just watching a video doesn't show me anything and just spoils all my own fun.

Considering your asking what the art style is and how things look I cant actually think of anything more useful to you than looking yourself and coming to your own conclusion. Check out ForceSCstrategy on youtube and he has full play throughs of the beta on all classes. Personally I don't think it looks anything like WoW but the art style does make it feel like a Blizzard game so you may mistake that for looking like WoW. To put it more clearly it looks like WoW as much as Starcraft 2 does, at least in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Considering your asking what the art style is and how things look I cant actually think of anything more useful to you than looking yourself and coming to your own conclusion. Check out ForceSCstrategy on youtube and he has full play throughs of the beta on all classes. Personally I don't think it looks anything like WoW but the art style does make it feel like a Blizzard game so you may mistake that for looking like WoW. To put it more clearly it looks like WoW as much as Starcraft 2 does, at least in my opinion.
    Ah.. that troubles me because... the Blizzard art style sucks.

It looks good for warcraft, because warcraft feels based around it, but Starcraft 2 looks way to cartoony compared to the older ones, and really, I dislike the childish look Diablo 3 currently shows, I prefered the Macabre Gothic style.. it added a sense of dread.

It doesn't look a damn thing like Warcraft and not childish at all. I don't get the complaint about SC2 either, because it's basically 3D SC1 with fewer colors.

You must be fucking trolling me. Saying blizzard art styles suck... Really can't take you serious from up here but i'll try anyway:

Diablo has nothing to do with Warcraft. In fact, you could educate yourself about it before making a topic like this. Diablo's 3 art is of a way more dark/grim aspect, somewhat remenbers me of God of War sometimes, but way darker than GoW.

The SC2 graphics are terrific, I can't believe you think they're MORE cartoony than SC1. Creep itself has gone from purple goo to a writhing, living, disgusting growth.

D3 is no different. D2's graphics are, well, not all that great, and even we hardcore fans know that. But D3 is a whole new generation of awesome. The Diablo series is extremely gothic style, it is nothing like WoW-fantasy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

looking forward to this more... but it'll be a couple years so D3 will have to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    It doesn't look a damn thing like Warcraft and not childish at all. I don't get the complaint about SC2 either, because it's basically 3D SC1 with fewer colors.
    SC1 Buildings look like they are huge but watched from a great distance while SC2 buildings look
    like toys.

And I feel like Diablo 3 looks a bit too bright and round for a Diablo game.

Deleted
    D3 graphics so far look nothing like WoW to me. I can't see anyone playing D3 and saying oh this art style looks like world of warcraft. Certainly to me D3 does not seem "cartoony" at all, and much more gothic - I'm going by youtube videos though, I haven't had the pleasure of the beta.

I've played the game at Blizcon. The gameplay was amazing and the art style was fantastic. But saying that it looks like WoW or cartoony is just a foolish thing to say. The style is still very dark and morbid and creepy. The game looks beautiful. Remember, it's been over ten years since D2 came out. Things are going to change

Diablo 3 is not like wow

Deleted
    I think what you've got to consider is that Diablo 2 came out over 10 years ago, when graphics were pretty shitty, it was simple just to make EVERYTHING in the game dark because detail was limited back then, it added to the whole 'dread' effect. Times have changed and over 10 years on, and what you call 'cartoony', i think the rest call it 'extra detail'. If you still want your character and the environment to be made up from about 10 pixels still, go back to Diablo 2, otherwise, atleast give Diablo 3 a shot, maybe your overthinking it too much.

Don't get me wrong, i like games that stick to their roots, and despise games that steer away from what made them successful, but actually Blizzard are doing a pretty awesome job with this game, call the graphics cartoony if you like, but welcome to 2011, where graphics are actually more detailed then about 6 shades of colours and where gameplay is more advanced than hitting 2 buttons. (unless your an arcane mage on world of warcraft)

P.S. - why would this game be anything like WoW? Does every moron have to compare every single game to WoW nowdays?
    Last edited by mmoc63d7160ac1; 2011-11-27 at 12:44 AM.

Well, some things do seem to carry over in both directions, but the actual gameplay seems entirely different. That said for some reason the actual clicking gameplay of an rpg is in fact not that important to many action rpg and mmo players in particular. The systems themselves often are what entice them to play.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think D3 has a graphic style totally separate from Warcraft. I wouldn't call it cartoonish. It's far more gothic, but photorealism is also not their goal.

That said, The Lineage Eternal video is pretty AWESOME.