Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As a moonkin on the PTR I tested 500 casts (not dots) and got a proc rate of 5.6%. It's a very sad day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epicgrim View Post
    As a moonkin on the PTR I tested 500 casts (not dots) and got a proc rate of 5.6%. It's a very sad day.
    Well 500 casts isn't to many, try to do it with like 1000+ i would believe and see if you get the same result.

Any one tried doing these tests with a Programmable keyboard? Just program so like button 7 With Mind flay presses every 1.5 seconds x1000

then you don't even have to be at the computer while testing.

And i don't think its considered as botting

I know 500 isn't accurate enough to go down to the decimal point with. But it is good enough to say that the nerd is very significant. When 4.3 goes live I'll test it a bit more in depth.

Deleted
    I've tested it on PTr the proc rate for Boomkins is 8%...they should increase it a bit like they did for pet user classes, because my dots consumed a lot of the procs (even moonfire direct damage) and duplicating a 4k dmg dot over a direct nuke is very very sad...I almost never see a proc on wrath/starfire

/sadmoonkin.

Deleted
    Can I assume the moonkin proc chance is 12% on live?

I've seen 11% - 12% yea

Deleted
    Then it remains consistent with a 33% nerf from live.

Still looking for more sample though!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    I've tested it on PTr the proc rate for Boomkins is 8%...they should increase it a bit like they did for pet user classes, because my dots consumed a lot of the procs (even moonfire direct damage) and duplicating a 4k dmg dot over a direct nuke is very very sad...I almost never see a proc on wrath/starfire
    I don't think you understand how this proc works, the fact that a dot procs the staff does not decrease the chance for your next nuke to proc. it's a flat percent chance with no ICD. also where did you get that 8% because if that's based on your dot dmg, there are too many other factors for that to be accurate at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesp View Post
    Works the same way for resilience, which is why procs hit for almost nothing againt high resilience targets due to the double dipping on the reduced damage.
    I have not seen this.

Ive had double 25-30k starfire crits on full resi targets. Not as if the second one would hit lower...

I'll get my staff next week and this entire thread makes me sad.
    World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/5353/
    RealID: jwilliamdawson@hotmail.com
    Guild Leader and general A-hole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnism View Post
    Don't be sad! This thread doesn't mention the best part - you are now a super beautiful dragon ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnism View Post
    Makes me super sad to ;/ since I'll get it this Wednesday. But as SkillOverKill said we do get to be a awesome dragon xP

We will be doing more damage in 4.3, so the reduced proc chance sucks, but the procs will be hitting harder. Maybe it will be the same dps increase when we're all ilvl 400+

I get mine in 2 weeks, I'm one fucking sad panda.

this entire thread makes me cry.

Even with the nerf it still seems to be pretty win compared to other staves (especially if your raid team is unlikely to kill heroic Deathwing). Personally I am more concerned with if I am going to be able to keep enough people doing Firelands to finish my staff after our mage finishes in a week or two >< But I am fairly certain that it would be worth it for people to finish if they can.

I could just be blindingly optimistic on this though....

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabibi64 View Post
    I get mine in 2 weeks, I'm one fucking sad panda.

this entire thread makes me cry.
    Join us. We're all sad pandas here. You'll be a sad panda too.

I'll be lucky to get mine around 13th, all depends if I can get anyone into FL again.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can get mine in 3 days if i get people to raid, i try to push my guild like hell so they never have to go back when next patch comes.

Deleted
    Just sayin. This staff will remain BiS for progression this xpac.

*IM SO SAD* /cry *hugs dragonwrath* oh wait we already had good times >. Ya it sucks but HM DW is like a ways off for me anyway. Also if you can kill HM DW there is nothing to progress on so technically for progression Dragonwrath will be the BIS staff. Even with nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage will go up due to stronger gear so the nerf was much needed since it will be too op to crit for gazzilions of damage, so it's bad now but it won't be when we will start HC progression