Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    You guys are worry too much.

I have been running some light simcraft with the new gear lists, and it's still by far best in slot until anything you will see until Heroic Madness. The only staff that even compares only has a marginal difference with intellect, and the proc as someone said earlier will still be very strong, and even stronger with increased gear. That 8% chance to duplicate a spell is roughly 8% extra damage, possibly a little less depending on spell it selects.

Be thankful that this is one of the few legendaries that isn't obsolete in the next tier, or that you only get it for one tier.

My prediction is that it will still be best in slot, but it wont be like the legendary daggers or anything.

You guys should worry more about our damage compared to other classes. We're still not doing so well... we're below a lot of DPS class second-level specs, which is pretty bad.

We've always simmed low in the pre-patch sims. And we have always managed to be just fine. People have been freaking out about spriest dmg being low since patch 2.3. Calm down. The sky isn't falling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea I don't get how this is news to people - sim's are almost always on Patchwerk style fights - where you stand and punch one target for five minutes - that's shadow at its worst - when you need to move and fight multiple targets - thats shadow at its best - and thats 90% of the game. We're arguably the best multi-target class in the game and pretty much always have been.

Everyone always beats shadowpriests on paper, until you realize that reality is scissors, and shadowpriests are rock ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Everyone always beats shadowpriests on paper, until you realize that reality is scissors, and shadowpriests are rock ^^
    Must say that is really true!

And yes we sim low but when you step your foot in to DS you will be like and your fellow raiders will be like :O and your Arcane mage GM will be like ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

As ppl upgrade their other items the nerf will even out, you will still proc less but the procs will do much more creating a wash of sorts.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 06:33 AM ----------

As ppl collect more haste while the % of procs per casts will be the same the number of procs in a set amount of time will go up and close the gap.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    As ppl upgrade their other items the nerf will even out, you will still proc less but the procs will do much more creating a wash of sorts.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 06:33 AM ----------

As ppl collect more haste while the % of procs per casts will be the same the number of procs in a set amount of time will go up and close the gap.
    But it would still be funnier if it never where nerfed and we would pwn more ^^

And I've thought about one thing, Flying through Stormwind City (Yea I know ally..) I see 1 Shadow Priest with the staff 1 Warlock and 1 Druid then like 4-5 Arcane mages? Is it so much better for arcane?