How do gear drops work?

Hey guys, I'd just like to know if rolling the same class, but different AC will limit our gear in flashpoints. I know you get commendation tokens that you can trade for gear - but I also recall some people saying it was only some of the time.

Reason is that I'm going to be duoing with my girl and she's going Consular Sage, while I'm considering going as a Tankasin. If gear becomes a problem because of this, I'll just have to go back to trooper tanking

The way I'm reading this you plan to play on opposite sides (she on Republic, you on Empire--"tankasin" I would think would be assassin... which is Sith). But that aside:

Because you are both the same base class, you will both want the same two primary stat--willpower. So sure, you might compete on some drops. That being said, it's not really a big deal. I've done the same thing and had no problem gearing up. However, I haven't leveled by trying to grind flashpoints as questing is faster, it could be more of an impact there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellery View Post
    The way I'm reading this you plan to play on opposite sides (she on Republic, you on Empire--"tankasin" I would think would be assassin... which is Sith). But that aside:

Because you are both the same base class, you will both want the same two primary stat--willpower. So sure, you might compete on some drops. That being said, it's not really a big deal. I've done the same thing and had no problem gearing up. However, I haven't leveled by trying to grind flashpoints as questing is faster, it could be more of an impact there.
    Tankadow then?. Or perhaps Shadonk? :P

In flashpoints, do *only* tokens drop, or do both gear and tokens drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Tankadow then?. Or perhaps Shadonk? :P

In flashpoints, do *only* tokens drop, or do both gear and tokens drop?
    Shadow Tank

Gear drops along with tokens.

Gear is kinda glitchy at the moment, and it really needs something to block people like Consulars from needing on Aim Heavy Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    Shadow Tank
    Shadonk just makes it sound so adorable though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actual gear drops, so far it seems dependent on the classes present, might be sheer luck on my part. Aside from weapons ACs on the same core class pretty much share the same gear. Down the line there are things like are essentially +hit and +haste but I can see healers and dps screwed each other out of both.

SHADONKEY! sorry just had to say that, im not in beta letting my friend play my beta weekend because i want to get her to play so meh but what dalantia says is true they need to put something that blocks ppl from need rolling on stuff that they cant use of course since flashpoints are same server only a ninja looter will have their rep diminished upon their first ninja