Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

" I'm offended "

What do you think of this ''trend'' , where everything is offensive, everyone is offended?

It seems to me, that a larger number of people try to pull the '' that's offensive '' card to stop/counter arguments that they are not confortable with or don't have the necessary knowledge to ''counter'' with their views.

With each passing day, i see this bullcrap of ''offensive'' coming in, and you have to take so much care with what you say or do because it may be Offensive. I'm not a fan of this guy, nor do i know his views on other subjects, but he basically sums up what i think in this video.

Thoughts?

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People need to stop linking that guy.

I also think it's hilarious that this same guy was crying over the view ladies laughing at the guy who lost his dick. Clearly he was offended.
    Last edited by Snow White; 2011-11-24 at 02:31 PM.

This thread...

it offends me.

OT: I agree. People need to stop being sensitive.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I wonderd how many of you lived through the PC age of the 90's.. This is nothing new.

For all you youngin's PC is not personal computer.

Deleted
    I saw Stepehn Fry and Richard Dawkins chatting about Christopher Hitchens and how offensive he was as a person because of his ideas. He wasn't deliberately offensive, poeple just disagreed and got offended! Some people though do need to be offended. I actually think if your going to be offended then tuff shit, may aswell just get on with your life!! Easier said than done by my word wouldn't the word be in a much better place if people just stopped 'getting offended.'

Quote Originally Posted by Dudderly View Post
    I saw Stepehn Fry and Richard Dawkins chatting about Christopher Hitchens and how offensive he was as a person because of his ideas. He wasn't deliberately offensive, poeple just disagreed and got offended! Some people though do need to be offended. I actually think if your going to be offended then tuff shit, may aswell just get on with your life!! Easier said than done by my word wouldn't the word be in a much better place if people just stopped 'getting offended.'
    Every one has a line they will not cross. Some have it at a different spot then others. But we all have our taboo topics and if they don't wanna go into it oh well.

Deleted
    a lot of people are offended way to easy. i dont see the problem with being offended, so what? be offended and move on, go cry about it if you really want, but its nothing to be worked up over.

Tbh people are getting more and more touchy about everything every day.

I just stopped caring if I offend somebody and speak my mind and if they have a problem they should stop being so narrowminded and accept other people in the world might have a different viewpoint than themselves.

For example SOME muslims will get offended by certain things we do or say but this is a culture thing. Some of them have no intention of accepting English peoples way of life/view points.

Deleted
    Yeah, it's pathetic. It's now a crime in the UK to use words which may cause harassment, alarm or distress. I can't help but think "grow up".

im getting sick of childs being offended by every fucking thing in this world. you cant even walk down the street without offending ppl now.

I use to get that a lot...so now I just don't bother saying anything to anyone unless they talk to me first.

10+ Year Old Account
    In NJ there's now this anti-bullying law which basically makes it so that anything that can be taken out of context and seen as bullying to ANYONE is now extremely serious. I have a feeling it came from the "He said this to this which somehow offended me so MAKE IT STOP!!!!! T_T" crowd.

Deleted
    I'm offended that you're offended.
    What now?

Well like the guy says in the video, "stop putting your offense on a pedestal".

People going '' OMG U DIDN'T " just because you swear and things like that, it is pathetic. I feel like sometimes, ''society'' is turning into a giant ''carebear'' and worrying to much with horseshit instead of real problems, catering to whiners and what not.

Getting offended = insecurities.
    You can't offend a secure, high self esteem person.
    I don't like the guy from the video but he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    I'm offended that you're offended.
    What now?
    That's offensive.

Deleted
    YOU'RE OFFENDED? Time to get ASSAULTED!

Pro-Violence -Don't look away, act now! Stupidy is hatecrime against common sense.

Deleted
    As much as I don't like that guy, I get his points every time I hear him. Being offended is your problem, and I shouldn't have to watch what I say just because people might not like it, because I lose my freedom of speech then. Although I think calling people offensive names eg racist names or bigotry names is wrong, because that is intentionality aiming to attack people, but stating your opinions on those topics should be fine.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    For example SOME muslims will get offended by certain things we do or say but this is a culture thing. Some of them have no intention of accepting English peoples way of life/view points.
    Wow..well I award you with my "most offensive post in the taking offense thread" trophy!

Deleted
    It all depends on the context whether someone should be offended or not. For me I can't stand when people take offense on behalf of others.