Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Just partly in defense of political correctness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I hardly care.. What annoys me more is another trend.
    Being offensive and when you get replies yelling "I'm not being offensive, you are just offended and that is your problem!"

Yes, some people are too easily offended and shouldn't whine that much.
    But on the other hand there are tons of people BEING offensive because it has no 'real' consequences.
    Because it's an imaginery term used for political gain, money, or power. People who are "offended", aka "yentas/house frows/soccer moms, GLAAD, religous zealots, and minorites (to a certain extent-think the despicable Rev. Al Sharpton)".

I don't need to say much about supporting or going against due to much of it already being said true.

What I will add is the impact of words like individuality, freedom and liberty such is what is risked or challenged of every individual when you start to promote censorship. I have always shared the similar view as what has been posted by the OP for many years now, a philosophy/philosopher I recommend looking up on this subject as well is John Stuart Mill and the principle of liberty.

It is better we be offended, learn from it, gain that wisdom from that action to benefit ourselves and others in the future. When we start to censor is when we start to promote ignorance, we start to degrade we are no longer improving socially. Words may not be good to hear but that does mean you can also exercise your right to react with a reply of " I don't like you saying that", "Fuck you" or an attempt to disprove such remark's logic.

This only extends to one's right to in simplest terms, slander somebody or commit a type of fraud. Calling somebody as a murderer or multiples of meaningful accusations are something that ruins one's good name/reputation which leads to real world affects that are often harmful. If your words are meant to call on action of hurt they are just as responsible. Simple name calling is not in anyway a threat to ones well being, some may argue about emotions but it was due past censorship one may not be able to cope with the experience or an event one may strengthen upon (either shrugging it off or learning to better not associate with than be hated in secret), "growing thicker skin" a means to actually improving one's character and the more people we improve in society the better it is, the better humanity is.
    Last edited by jayremy; 2011-11-25 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Good for you. But tbh I think you are talking BS if you want me to believe that you "feel" nothing. Laughing at an insult and then coming up with your rational "you've just shown how silly you are" retort (counter attack) is a classic defense mechanism. We only develop defense mechanisms in response to an offense (from outside) that makes us feel uncomfortable. So the very fact that you react at all is evidence in support of my argument.

Just because you have learned to manage your emotional response does not mean that your very first instinctual response to a verbal assault is not one of anger, fear or shame - which you quickly override with your defense mechanism. It also does not entitle you to expect that others should have learned as effective a defense mechanism either.

My experience with verbal bullies is that they talk up how "immune" they are to the taunts/jibes/insults of others, and use that as a justification for their being a douche to others. But when you figure out what pushes their buttons, they react with exactly the same kind of offense that they reckon other people should avoid.
    I guess I wasn't completely clear on it, I only don't feel anything like that if it's people I don't know or care for. If somebody I knew were to start insulting me, I would feel something, but if it's just some random guy, I get absolutely no response like you're saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    When someone says that, that means you're doing something right, now FINISH HIM!/her >.>

Quote Originally Posted by herpderpslurp View Post
    well actually, i didnt give an opinion since i didnt watch the video, i guess reading isnt your strong point? i saw enough of him repeatedly calling a bunch of women on tv "cunts" in the previous video because he was offended by their laughing at some guy whose penis got bit off and because he felt like he wouldnt be able to get away with the same thing despite all the numerous times in pop culture that women are treated abusively and its considered a big joke. thats right, the guy is claiming to be the victim of sexism while at the same time yelling and calling women basically the most misogynist word in the english language, and he doesnt even have a point. i don't need to hear anymore of this guy, i already know he is a moron...
    ]

i'm not even sure you're being serious anymore because of how stupid your post is. Did you pay attention to it? There's no point in arguing with you, you'll only believe in what you want to believe in your own little made up world.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    ]

i'm not even sure you're being serious anymore because of how stupid your post is. Did you pay attention to it? There's no point in arguing with you, you'll only believe in what you want to believe in your own little made up world.
    I guess welcome to the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to grow thicker skin. ffs (x

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I hardly care.. What annoys me more is another trend.
    Being offensive and when you get replies yelling "I'm not being offensive, you are just offended and that is your problem!"

Yes, some people are too easily offended and shouldn't whine that much.
    But on the other hand there are tons of people BEING offensive because it has no 'real' consequences.
    I'm with you.

We all hate whiney cry babies, but they are much more bareable than obnoxious jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    I guess welcome to the internet?
    I guess, thank you but i've been here since 1997...

I get offended at stupidity that's all (j/k)

Quote Originally Posted by herpderpslurp View Post
    well actually, i didnt give an opinion since i didnt watch the video, i guess reading isnt your strong point? i saw enough of him repeatedly calling a bunch of women on tv "cunts" in the previous video because he was offended by their laughing at some guy whose penis got bit off and because he felt like he wouldnt be able to get away with the same thing despite all the numerous times in pop culture that women are treated abusively and its considered a big joke. thats right, the guy is claiming to be the victim of sexism while at the same time yelling and calling women basically the most misogynist word in the english language, and he doesnt even have a point. i don't need to hear anymore of this guy, i already know he is a moron...
    Aha! you were offended
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.