Requiring Advanced Help FPS drops on raids and cities from 120 on world to 20.

Good evening everyone,

I like to call my self a computer's enthusiast, I usually keep reading and looking for new ways of tweaking and improving but I don't have any further ideas on how to tweak my rig, I would like to share knowledge to see if I can get thing right.

The problem comes as this

I recently moved from raiding 10 Man to a 25 Man, on the last weeks we've been working on heroic Firelands (downed Rag last Week).
    In order to get some better quality and increased performance I decided to change my ols GTX 260 for a new AMD 6870 and the computer specs resulted as follow:

QuadCore Intel Core i7 950, 3200 MHz
    Asus Sabertooth X58 Mobo
    6Gb (Tri-kit) GeIL CL9-9-9 DDR3-1600
    INTEL SSD SA2M080G2GC ATA Device 74 GB
    AMD Radeon XFX Dual Fan HD 6870 Series (1024 MB) (Catalyst 11.9)

x64 Windows 7 Pro Sp1 up to date. (Fully SSD tweaked)

After changing my gfx card i set those configurations:
    (not alowed to post images) post it after I get permission
    x2 Multisampling (EQAA box)
    x8 AF
    - Everithing on good ( Textures High)
    Shadows Low
    Water Low
    Sunshafts Off
    Vsync Off

The addons used are:
    Omen, Recount, Power Auras, Need to know, Dominos, Masque, Bazooka, Bad Boy, Forte (only Dk module), OmniCC, Prat, Quartz.
    And I play with camera distance at 50, (good old macro)

Now onto the problems.
    On normal mode i had no issues since the setting were much lower than what i now have,
    On the last progression fights Alysrazor Majordomo and Ragnaros i started noticing a weird fps drops, on a regular basis Boss fights stand at 37 to 44 fps, but in situations, Seeds, world at flames, and the nasty flame patches of ph4 in Rag encounter and Orbs in Domo, even in shannox mid fight my FPS goes down to 19 to 21.

I find these slows extremely anoying and game play affecting. I torture my self for every time I screwed up on phase 3 rag trying to kick out meteorites and flying or dying at flames because of Fps laging badly. (At the end I turned everything to fair, x1 multisampling and bilinear filtering for raiding)

In my opinion the computer I built should handle much better; after reading much reviews people with similar rigs as mine reported constant 50 FPS+ everywhere even mid fight on bosses.

So, anyone has any tip? or would like to share their 50 cents on how to be able to raid on high with no issues?

PS: Sorry for my rusty English

---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 06:08 PM ----------

I'm trying to post Dxdiag results but i'm still not alowed :/ says I can't paste links ...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you removed every instance of the previous cards video graphics driver.
    Run a drive cleaning program like Ccleaner to remove leftover registry bits and temp files.
    Install the latest graphics driver for your new HD6870.
    Delete your WTF/Cache/Interface folders from the WoW game directory and delete the Cache folder within the Data folder (file corruption can cause fps loss).
    Set WoW to DX11.
    Turn Shadows off / AA 2X / AF 2X.

About all I can think of at the moment.

Also make sure to not force any graphics settings in drivers, keep everything to "let game decide".

20fps during heavy aoe is totally normal with your computer btw. Overclocked i5-2500K would give 10-15fps more, that's how much CPU dependant raiding is.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

OCed at what? 4k? 4,2k?
    I might give it a try this weekend, been reading there's a huge i7 4.01 ghz club.

---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 08:14 PM ----------

I replyed already 3 times to Culadin and they did not get posted
    I'm addicted to Ccleaner since i got my SSD ( scan once almost every week)
    I did a clean new installation after upgrading the GFX card, re configured everything manualy.
    Catalyst are 11.1 last WHQL one's.
    I'll set DX 11, i completely forgot that this card was meant to it lol.
    AA is alredy at 2, i'll lower Af to x2 but in most Ati mid-(exhigh)end doesnt mean much of an impact (at least everyone says so).

Thanks for your suggestion, i'l tryout tonight At ragnaros and repost results.

---------- Post added 2011-11-25 at 01:08 AM ----------

Ended up with this config:

AA: x2
    AF: x4
    Textures: High
    View distance: High
    Environement: High
    Shadow: low
    Water: low
    Sunshafts: disabled
    Partricles: Good.

Didn't go under 30 FPS when Recount was disables, this same config run aroun 19 -21 with recount enabled.

I guess this clearly indicates that CPU is reaching full load on Mid Ragnaros fight as vesseblah stated. I will give a try on the overclock, Any tip for a non much experimented Ocer?