The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up PNY XLR8 Closed-loop GTX 580 Review

I'm honestly surprised, I didn't expect it to be good at all.... Definitely going the route of the H100 I thinks, obviously not everyone has the cash to buy this, but if PNY is smart, they'll do this to other cards as well.

Old product, I've linked reviews several months ago. :P

And I really dislike that dude. He's so boring, and get excited for very strange things -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of his videos could be cut to half like this one ^^ Nothing new added in the last ~10 minutes as he's essentially blabbering about the same things. Still though, he's one of the more reliable review makers around.

And as far as the card goes. Impressive performance but still wouldn't buy it myself. It really looks like plastic piece of crap and custom loop at that price point wouldn't be that much more expensive anymore, performing better, looking better, being more quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Most of his videos could be cut to half like this one ^^ Nothing new added in the last ~10 minutes as he's essentially blabbering about the same things. Still though, he's one of the more reliable review makers around.

And as far as the card goes. Impressive performance but still wouldn't buy it myself. It really looks like plastic piece of crap and custom loop at that price point wouldn't be that much more expensive anymore, performing better, looking better, being more quiet.
    I agree with Ghâzh here, sorry tetris! :P Idk how he's boring, but hey we all have our tastes!

While impressed with the card's performance in both benches and temperatures, I still would rather get a truly aftermarket-based-PCB with the DCII or TFII cooling units.

And tetris, this isn't that old, at least not this version, I only read about them "soon to release" it maybe a couple months ago, several months ago reviews? Source pl0x! :P

Either way, we know it's decent, but a lot of us won't buy it. I'd rather just custom watercool like Ghâzh said or get the Lightning XTreme.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Hey, opinions are different. It would be a sad world if everyone thought alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    And tetris, this isn't that old, at least not this version, I only read about them "soon to release" it maybe a couple months ago, several months ago reviews? Source pl0x! :P
    http://www.sweclockers.com/recension...-liquid-cooled 2011-09-21. So two months and three days!
    But I guess I'm spoiled for living in Sweden, eh? :P

EDIT: Personal opinions? Of all the aftermarket solutions, I think I like this one the most. Better than ASUS' or MSI's solutions for sure.
    Mostly because this does one thing that most aftermarket solutions don't; Exhaust out of the case!
    Meaning it's a lot easier to SLI with one of these cards, for instance (with the other something else).

And he's always excited, but I find that he's not very good at passing the excitement onto, well, me at least. I hope he's more your cup of tea, but he doesn't meassure up to Linus (for entertainment) or Sweclockers (for knowledge). So I may very well be spoiled.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-11-24 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 months and 3 days isn't several months, imho. Couple months. ^_< 3 would be a few, 4+ would be several. Get it right! :P

I guess the exhausting out the back of your case would matter to you if your airflow in your case sucks... :P I haven't had any temperature issues though. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    2 months and 3 days isn't several months, imho. Couple months. ^_< 3 would be a few, 4+ would be several. Get it right! :P

I guess the exhausting out the back of your case would matter to you if your airflow in your case sucks... :P I haven't had any temperature issues though. :P
    Meh. A lot more has happened in my personal life the last six months than the last six years, I have a hard time keeping track.

And sure, single-card, that would be a good point. Dual card though, the top-card always suffers.
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh he's boring alright. Still find him weirdly amusing to watch. I guess you can never watch enough box openings.. and the accent!