Deleted

How would rift fair on my PC

So with Rift on sale, i am highly tempted to try it out. The only thing which is holding me back is my PC. I play WoW fine at 1920 x 1080 on Ultra, and i can handle most modern single player games on high/very high on 1920x1080.

Here are my specs:
    -AMD Phenom xII 560 Black edition (OC to 3.4Ghz)
    -Radeon HD 5670 (OC to 900Mhz/950Mhz)
    -4GB DDR3 RAM
    -Cooler Master GX 750W

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    For general game play and 20 man's you should be ok, the newest dynamic zone events have been overhauled to make them attractive to all max level players due to the rewards and it's not uncommon to have 120+ people doing one zone event boss, I can see lower end system choking on that. Here's what they recommend:

Minimum System Specification

• Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7
    • Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or better
    • Memory: 2 GB
    • Hard disk space: 15.0 GB available
    • Video: Nvidia GeForce FX 5900, ATI/AMD Radeon X300, Intel GMA X4500 or better.
    • Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card
    • DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update
    • Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem or other high speed connection)

Recommended System Specification

• Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7
    • Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or better
    • Memory: 4 GB
    • Hard disk space: 15.0 GB available
    • Desktop Video: Nvidia GTS 250 or better
    • Notebook Video: Nvidia GTX 200M series or better
    • Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card
    • DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update
    • Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem or other high speed connection)

Note on recommended settings The Recommended System Specification will probably allow you to use video settings of "medium" quality on 1650x1080 resolution with an average of 40-50 fps.

For higher resolution you will need a stronger video card
    It is recommended not to get below 40 fps. In mass encounters - frame rate can drop to half.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell my system had some problems with the huge new zone events! i5-2500K OC'd to 4.0GHz (at the moment) and a 560 Ti OC'd to 985MHz on the core is pretty beefy, and the fact I had a bit of graphical lag was shocking to me! There was definitely some hiccups in the server though with how things at times just paused and everyone stood in place... these zone events are just THAT big.

I'd say try Rift out, but if you want to play on high-ultra settings, definitely upgrade when you can, it's worth it! The game looks AMAZING.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Hell my system had some problems with the huge new zone events! i5-2500K OC'd to 4.0GHz (at the moment) and a 560 Ti OC'd to 985MHz on the core is pretty beefy, and the fact I had a bit of graphical lag was shocking to me! There was definitely some hiccups in the server though with how things at times just paused and everyone stood in place... these zone events are just THAT big.

I'd say try Rift out, but if you want to play on high-ultra settings, definitely upgrade when you can, it's worth it! The game looks AMAZING.
    After reading this, i thought i'd try out a trial to see how it runs. if i find it runs smoothly, i'll upgrade before the sale ends. Thankyou for helping me!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No problem! If you can, I'd at least upgrade your graphics card, it is in severe need of upgrading anyways, you could get a much stronger one pretty easily well under $200.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water