Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Skyrim.. way too easy.

So, I seem to remember reading back when I played Oblivion that the content leveled with you. I can remember that no matter what level I was, the content was still always challenging.

Did they not put that same mechanic in Skyrim? I'm only level 34 but everything is so easy. I was doing a thief type toon. Sneaking and attacking from the shadows. But everything I've done lately has been so easy, I just run right through the dungeons and caves and kill everything with no more than a few hits at not worry about the sneak attacks.

Even the main story line. I completed it at about level 32. The final battle was so stupidly easy. I was expecting much, much more.

So I ask again. Does the content in Skyrim not level with your toon as it did in Oblivion?

Did you adjust the difficulty. Because normal is generally an "easy" mode now.
    What does Essence of the Blood Queen do? What should you do if you have it?
    Make you sparkle in the sun and gives you super strength, also changes your name to <insert name> Cullen. Bite someone.

I got same problem with my Sneak-Archer and I play on Master difficulty. The game is really easy, yes - but still quite awsome the first 50-70 hours you put into it.
    No Screenshot. No Signature. From WMV or Ingame. Make it big.

Watch me create signatures on Youtube here - Watch my signature gallery here

Quote Originally Posted by Inferis View Post
    I got same problem with my Sneak-Archer and I play on Master difficulty. The game is really easy, yes - but still quite awsome the first 50-70 hours you put into it.
    I'm not trying to take away from the awesomeness. lol. I've put 80 hours in now and still have so much to do.

Ofcourse it will be easy if all you do it sneak up on people and one shot them, would be boring from time to time.

I've got over 60 hours in and only done 4 of the main story quests, but have done a bunch of side / guild quests. Skyrim (nor any other TES game) has every been about the main story, it is about the world itself.

My suggestion would be to reroll a 2h warrior or caster and play at Master or Expert for more of a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up the difficulty via options. I've been playing the whole game as a summoner/caster/healer on Expert and it has its challenging moments.

Go play Dark Souls.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

The world around you does not level up with you, and thank fuck for that. Made Oblivion utterly un-enjoyable from a gameplay perspective for me.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkah View Post
    So, I seem to remember reading back when I played Oblivion that the content leveled with you. I can remember that no matter what level I was, the content was still always challenging.

Did they not put that same mechanic in Skyrim? I'm only level 34 but everything is so easy. I was doing a thief type toon. Sneaking and attacking from the shadows. But everything I've done lately has been so easy, I just run right through the dungeons and caves and kill everything with no more than a few hits at not worry about the sneak attacks.

Even the main story line. I completed it at about level 32. The final battle was so stupidly easy. I was expecting much, much more.

So I ask again. Does the content in Skyrim not level with your toon as it did in Oblivion?
    1: Never expect a challenging, hard or even interesting "main story" (fight) from a Bethesda game, there strengths lie in all the side-stuff and the vast worlds and bits and bobs, I've yet to see a Bethesda game without a lousy main story (Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 1-2 - Morrowind was close'ish, but just not good enough). 2: Sneak is herp-derp overpowered in Skyrim. 3: What setting are you playing on?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
    Did you adjust the difficulty. Because normal is generally an "easy" mode now.
    I dont think so! Ancient Dragons at level 45+ disagree with you, as do Vampires.

Yea, I'm playing a 2 handed Warrior now, it's harder I can actually die, hehe.
    No Screenshot. No Signature. From WMV or Ingame. Make it big.

Watch me create signatures on Youtube here - Watch my signature gallery here

Playing on master right now, lvl 43 in all dragonbone plate with maxt smith/enchanting and if I'm not careful dread necro mages still 4 hit me with dual lightning bolt.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

RPG's aren't supposed to be challenging/hard. They are supposed to be enthralling. It has to be easy enough that you don't have to reset your game every 5 minutes because you never sink into the story and become apart of the fantasy world then. Yet still it has to be hard enough to not feel trivial. I think Skyrim is perfect on the default Adept setting for this purpose. You can adjust the difficulty at any time if you feel its too easy.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Ofcourse it will be easy if all you do it sneak up on people and one shot them, would be boring from time to time.

I've got over 60 hours in and only done 4 of the main story quests, but have done a bunch of side / guild quests. Skyrim (nor any other TES game) has every been about the main story, it is about the world itself.

My suggestion would be to reroll a 2h warrior or caster and play at Master or Expert for more of a challenge.

Or wear a chef's hat, an apron, plate boots and use a shiv and the wabbajack, while high on skooma :P

Oblivion's level system was terribly stupid. You could make a toon with useless Major skills. Combat skills, the important onesm become your minor skills. Then you level up all your minor skills to get the max +attribute bonuses for each attribute. Then you level your useless major skills to gain a level(eg acrobatics or something). By the time you're level 10 you are a juggernaut behemoth with the maximum attribute bonuses(I believe it was +4 to every still so + 36 at this point). You could probably finish the game at this point no problem.

If you played like I did the first time and picked combat skills as your major skills and leveled that way as fast as possible, you reach a point where the game suddenly becomes WAY FUCKING HARD. Your levels provide so little benefit to you the NPCs scale FASTER.

I dunno if Skyrim is the same way, I havent played it, but if it was I'm sure the same would apply. This was one of the reasons why I've only ever got through Oblivion once because I just hated the feel of getting weaker.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novamourne View Post
    RPG's aren't supposed to be challenging/hard. They are supposed to be enthralling. It has to be easy enough that you don't have to reset your game every 5 minutes because you never sink into the story and become apart of the fantasy world then. Yet still it has to be hard enough to not feel trivial. I think Skyrim is perfect on the default Adept setting for this purpose. You can adjust the difficulty at any time if you feel its too easy.
    Demon/Dark Souls begs to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    The world around you does not level up with you, and thank fuck for that. Made Oblivion utterly un-enjoyable from a gameplay perspective for me.

The world does actually scale, at least the dungeons are getting harder monsters at higher lvls. For example in Deep fall barrow (Golden claw quest dungeon) there at the end of it you encounter a normal draugh but on lvl 40 you'll get an Ice troll instead.

The thing is that if you play sneak-whatever in Skyrim it's really really strong.

1. You level very fast through the sneaking skill which is increased pretty often because you sneak very much as rogue/archer.

2. You mostly one-shot things, if not, then a few hits more are enough.

It's the same as playing a dk at wotlk release, you just run through the mobs and destroy them.

Try playing a melee-heavy character at master difficulty, this, my friend, is really hard. And I mean like playing serious, not like "oh lol found a bug i can shoot him down while can't reach me".

It's RPG, not arcade.

PS: I'm having much trouble with 1h/shield at master. Now level 20, falmers were sooooo badass a few levels ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad it does not level up either. I loved Oblivion, but it didn't matter how many level's you got, you're character didn't really get any stronger. I like the feeling that "after much training and hardship" my character has actually become stronger than mobs that just chill in caves.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    1: Never expect a challenging, hard or even interesting "main story" (fight) from a Bethesda game, there strengths lie in all the side-stuff and the vast worlds and bits and bobs, I've yet to see a Bethesda game without a lousy main story (Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 1-2 - Morrowind was close'ish, but just not good enough). 2: Sneak is herp-derp overpowered in Skyrim. 3: What setting are you playing on?
    Just FYI, Fallout 1 and 2 and tactics are INTERPLAY not Bethesda lol. Don't even know if zenamax or Bethesda were even around then.

And the previous fallout games were actually challenging lol.