Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you rage or get angry while playing games?

I found a thread on teamliquid (SC2 stuff) with a similar topic to this but exclusive to SC2.

So I ask, do you rage or get angry while playing any kind of game or sport? If so have you broken anything?

I get mad at WoW PvP but not enough to break anything or go crazy, playing an Ele shaman is infuriating against classes like rogues or fdruids but I find that nothing even comes close to making me mad as CoD does, especially MW2/MW3.

CoD isn't worth playing unless you want to intentionally give yourself an aneurysm. Yes it pisses me off, so does anything else online basically because I know some faggot/retard is on the other side. I am moving further and further away from online while the world is going further into it. GW2 will take away the annoying ganking and griefing side of online community away so that will restore my faith in online I imagine.

Cheese tactics piss me off, like camping, WoW pvp, which is basically all unbalanced trash 90% of the time you can't even control your character or make it to your target. And pve is just dealing with retards that fail.

It's funny because I could never see myself getting pissed off at a single player RPG... it just doesn't happen.
    Last edited by Aoi; 2011-11-25 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is; who doesn't?

There are always games that can make people rage or frustrate, which results in anger.

Last time I really raged at a game, it costed me €60 to get a new PS3 controller. Apperently it didn't liked being tossed around the room. It was while playing the new Mortal Kombat :P.

CoD can quite piss me off. Specially if you get killed time after time while respawning or because of a cheater/hacker. Some are really obvious ;-).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. When i play my hunter during 4.1 and all dks did on me was chains and death strike and howling blast...well smashed my keyboard pretty hard. And when I play starcraft I rage pretty hard.

Deleted
    Sometimes after certain arena matches mostly versus frost mage, affilock and a priest I need a 5 minute break to not get angry because I spend 90% of the match in a fear/nova/stun or simply trying to chase someone that will port away as soon as I get close.

Deleted
    once i got so mad so id punch the wall till my knuckles started to bleed :3

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    The question is; who doesn't?

There are always games that can make people rage or frustrate, which results in anger.

Last time I really raged at a game, it costed me €60 to get a new PS3 controller. Apperently it didn't liked being tossed around the room. It was while playing the new Mortal Kombat :P.

CoD can quite piss me off. Specially if you get killed time after time while respawning or because of a cheater/hacker. Some are really obvious ;-).
    I have to say I got equally pissed off at the new MK and quickly stopped playing it indefinitely. And to answer the other question OP yes I have broke many keyboards and mice but not since I was much younger haha..

Oh Diablo 2 pvp how I miss you....

It's very rare for me to rage at a game, but it can happen. Nothing really wrong with it either (unless you're raging every day, in which case you probably have anger management problems).

I remember raging in WoW back during TBC: someone flew in and started mining my adamantite node when I had already started (back when you had to hit a mineral vein several times to get all the ore); I noticed he was PvP flagged and tried to kill him. Didn't work, I died. Had to log off and go cool down, was raging so hard. D:

I've calmed down a lot since TBC though, so I haven't raged at a game in a long time. Has happened though. PvP stuff usually annoys me no matter what game it is. That said, I've learnt to stop playing a game before I reach the rage point, so yeah. Doesn't happen often.

I don't get mad at all. I really dislike playing 3v3 with people who take the game too seriously and rage at every little mistake people make.

I am close to raging when I see my friend playing Skyrim tho. He just has to check all dem bags and sacks for loot.
    Hi

I rage from time to time, but I never act upon it. Only swearing, etc.

I wouldn't say I get mad or rage, per se, but I do get frustrated. Haven't broken anything as of yet, although I was tempted to chuck my controller at the screen once.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Im quite sure to many many people you are to them what is in bold text.
    And whats with this camping crap? are we talking mw3 kinda game? because that shit is funny.....so many people scream camper this camper that...imnot sure where it states in the instructions or in war in general that you should always sprint around the map with akimbo rapid fire weapons making as much noise as possible when in the game it has features implemented in it like heart beat sensor, a map in the corner of your UI and fucking UAV!!!!!
    Please reread the bit of text i bolded and tell me which one of the 2 words you fit in lol
    You sound mad and probably camp with heart beat sensor in a corner finishing the game with 3 kills 24 deaths rofl good job faggot. You're the reason I quit CoD. I said I hate cheese tactics and you got mad, guess who's the faggot? I was merely stating my opinion.

nb4 infracted

Mod edit: Keep that language away from these boards.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2011-11-25 at 11:00 AM.

MW3 really gets me going.

I rage in PvP. Playing a warlock in random BGs is either bliss or complete hell.

And I rage in BF3 when the same guy headshots me 5-6 in a round with his F2000 which he has 9 service stars with. >.>

Deleted
    Been a while since I've properly raged, was the year CS:S came out and was fairly immature and raged by yelling "fucking cunty hacker" or something along those lines. I'm 20 now and at worst I just mutter or normal tone swear depending on who is around before going back to knife/kill them in the most humiliating way =)

Deleted
    Sometimes in 5mans or so when one the members is completly useless and screws up the groups. I don't rage on games where I can 100% affect what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I rage in PvP. Playing a warlock in random BGs is either bliss or complete hell.

And I rage in BF3 when the same guy headshots me 5-6 in a round with his F2000 which he has 9 service stars with. >.>
    complete hell, someone understands. Halleluja! Amen! same for every time a dk uses Anti M shell, you just jump around taking insane hits and cant do anything if your teleport is on cd.

or if there is one chopper dick who camps the spawn point taking down any vehicle so you simply cant get away. few punches in the keyboard then i can tell you.

Deleted
    I don't get mad at games, because i'm an adult. There are things in life far more important than videogames, to get upset about.

Well, I never rage physically, but if something ridiculous happens, like in WoW PvP or console games that just kick your balls, I might throw a lot of verbal profanities.

The game that made me rage the most if definitely WoW, though. I can't even tell how many times I raged in arenas because I can't do shit to the other team while they toy with me.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    I don't get mad at games, because i'm an adult. There are things in life far more important than videogames, to get upset about.
    Right... *rolleyes*

10+ Year Old Account
    Very rarely anymore. Used to be really bad during my EQ Raiding Days, then again, I was younger (Mid 20's)...that's the time you think you know everything, can do anything, and are "TEH BEST" anyway.

Nowadays I just sigh and make sarcastic and biting remarks when others mess up. When I myself mess up, I make the same biting remarks...about myself. I've become jaded...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    When a DK blocks, he does so with his face.