Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

If you think WoW sucks, what would you do to improve it?

I'm interested on seeing real analysis on this (lots of rage threads with few ideas scattered around, but I think we need something more compiled). Feel free to discuss about everything, from future expansions to patches, balance, art or whatever you want to; constructively, please.

Of course, this is theoretical and from a developer perspective (which doesn't mean you should exaggerate just because you can). So, how would you fix whatever you hate from WoW if you were able to fix it?

My take on it:

-Patch production times should be shorter:
    --The content we get each patch could be easily divided into 2 or 3. Focus the team on one of those parts, and release it asap. 4.3 is a good example, we've been waiting months for a raid, 3 dungeons and a daily hub, when we could have had 5 smaller patches every 2-3 weeks. Sense of progression would feel better with this system, too, letting developers advance from the most positive parts of their latest patch. Some minor expansion content like arenas or battlegrounds could wait a week or two if that means we get the expansion earlier, too. Same for the final questlines. I sometimes feel it would be better if I can't steamroll across the entire storyline on just a week, and the first zones are much more polished.

-Make the endgame last forever:
    --Currently, each time a new expansion is released all the previous endgame gets screwed. Hours and hours of work for nothing, just some bored people soloing everything for achievements. The endgame should last forever, and for that, you should be able to "freeze" your level. For example, I'm 85, and I want to raid MC fairly. I would be able to freeze myself into 60 for a while. This way, endgame wouldn't die, ever, and we would have many different parallels endgames, with different rewards (yeah, T3 is useless for a 85, but you got it fighting fair in 60, and you could use it in special level 60 PvP or something). They could even expand different endgames without worrying about them getting obsolete.

Edit note: Many people seem to misunderstand this. What I mean is that you should be able to freeze your level into another lower level. For example, you're level 80 and want to raid MC. You go to the freezer guy, edit your level into 60 and get to play MC properly. I hope this is clear enough now.

-Escalation with the level:
    --All abilities and talents, as well as endgame items, could work better if they escalated. For example, in line with the previous point, old tiers could escalate to become useful in lower-endgame of posterior tiers. All abilities and talents should be more Diablo3-like, meaning you get them earlier, but they're weak and grow slowly to become powerful. I'm not sure it would work well or not, but it would make life simpler and give more options, as well as help new people learn their stuff on level 30, and not 90, so they don't reach the endgame with no idea on how to play their classes. Give everything basic earlier, and escalate it with levels so it doesn't become useless (for example, I would like to run Black Temple at 70 with all my talents on, which won't be possible since MoP gives the last tier with level 90; I repeat I'm not sure if it would work well, so feel free to give extensive feedback).

-Maybe it's time to make vanilla be 1-30 instead of 1-60:
    --Note that experience points wouldn't change, just how much is needed for each level. I find useless and completely stupid that vanilla, 60 levels, take less time than Cataclysm, 5 levels. With this reduction, Cataclysm could be 10 levels instead of 5. The basic example would be: WoW:1-30 TBC:30-45 WotLK:45-60 Cata:60-70 MoP: 70-80. Some classic zones could be moved to higher levels, too, so you aren't forced to level just on Outland. Replayability would improve a lot with this, and soften the pain that 60-80 is now. The rule could be 2 levels per zone. In line with the previous point, levels would give much more things, which would give leveling much more value than "just a ding every 10 boars".

-Class quests need to be back:
    --Class quests had a lot of flaws, but they were awesome. I hoped a fix and an improvement with Cataclysm, but they just nuked them. Every class should have a neutral faction attached to it (most of those factions already exist in-game) and they should send everyone on special quests. 1-2 class quests each lower zone wouldn't hurt anyone, and would improve replayability around classes. Racial quests are a good option, too, but they shouldn't interfere with the major plots, just help each faction grow a racial identity outside their starting zones. Some of these racial quests could just be normal quests modified with small details for each race.

-All achievements, ALL, should be account-wide:
    --When WotLK released and I saw you needed to repeat the same stuff over and over with all your characters, I was like, WTF? All achievements should be account-wide, with no exception. Everyone should have a single achievement history depicting both Alliance and Horde character progress, as well as every class progress. Making alts could become more interesting by sharing some of the rewards gotten by achievements earned by other characters. There could be special achievements for altholics, too, like "get to level 30 with each race/class" and more.

-Mentoring, now:
    --You should be able to write tomes to teach any of your characters a profession you already leveled. This could be a new concept, called "mentoring". You improve your mentoring skills by teaching other players what you learned. The more you teach, the more your mentoring skill improves, which could let you write those tomes easier and/or cheaper than before. Mentoring skills could have a limit, which would require you to mentor frequently to surpass it (or else it would lower to the limit), giving people reasons to keep mentoring after they reach max levels. Mentored players would get bonuses for using a teacher, too, but they would still need to do all the process (they could save 5% of it, or more if the teacher has good skills). Having various students at the same time could improve the benefits for everyone, too. The best part of this, aside from making professions less annoying, would be socializing, something getting lost with all the raid/dungeon/whatever finders in-game.

That's all for now, I'll write more later, but I want to see your ideas to improve the game, too, so go and post them .

Edit: Some more:

-PvP, for real:
    --Battlegrounds shouldn't be remote areas no one has heard about before, which can't be placed in the map, and they shouldn't be annoying open areas that interfere with PvE. Battlegrounds should be instanced versions of the PvE world. For example: pick Southern Barrens, the area around Battlescar. Copy it into an instance, and make it PvP flagged. Now put some NPCs on each base of the PvE Battlescar and give them a "Join the battle!" dialogue. If you want to join, you're teleported to the same spot at the instanced version, and you get to PvP for free.
    --Or even better, when you get near a PvP-able zone, a flag appears on-screen, asking you if you want to join the battle. If you accept, you channel for 30 seconds and you're teleported to the same spot in the battleground. To get out, you just need to channel for other 30 seconds. (the 30s are to avoid fast entering and exiting, since being attacked would stop the channeling).
    --This system is a goddamn piece of cake. You only need to copy and paste the terrain, and make a NPC/Screen flag teleport you there, for which you only need to copy+paste already existing code. If the terrain isn't "good" for PvP, well, then make it good by adding more stuff. You don't even need to add that stuff in the real world if you don't want to, but it would be nice if you did anyway.

Edit2: Even more:

-Mount fatigue:
    --Each mount has X stamina. When you use it, its stamina lowers. If it reaches 0, you can't use it. This stamina is global for each mount type, so you can't just switch the mount. There would be 2 types: land and air. Land would have much more stamina than air, of course. Or there could just be one single type, with different mounts consuming the stamina faster or slower. Stamina grows with the character level, too.
    --To recover the stamina, you need to enter a friendly town (your mount is supposed to rest there). This can be automatic, or you could need to wait a while, or talk with a NPC in the stables. The mount could recover the stamina slowly when you're walking, too.
    --Additionally, there would be special food for your mount that would recover its stamina. Depending on the mount, you'll need more or less. A slow mount won't need to much food, but a fast one will need a good amount. Flying mounts will require a lot of expensive food. Or maybe all food are the same but some consume it faster than others.
    --You want to keep flying forever? fine, but you will need to invest gold. If you want to save some gold, then you'll have to use ground mounts and save half of it or walk for a while.
    --I think this system is pretty much perfect to fix the mount problem, but some criticism on it wold be welcomed .

-Group finder ratings:
    --This is pretty important, imo. You hate a random player? ignore or rate him low, so you don't get paired with him anymore. Each player could be given a 1-5 rating from his partners. Each time he runs a dungeon, he would accumulate those rating. The ratings disappear with time (ie, 2 weeks). So, if someone trolls for 10 random dungeons, he'll have to wait 2 weeks to play again properly, because he will have tons of 0/5.
    Last edited by Lon-ami; 2011-12-10 at 06:56 PM.

cross server pvP zone
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted
    i think all qq more to improve the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    Go back to TBC days when getting gear meant something. I remember I first started about halfway through TBC. When I saw someone in tier 5 or 6 hanging around the Org bank/AH I was like damn they are a badass. Now you see someone in tier gear and you are like Meh they just ran a bunch of 5 mans and bought wellfare epics. Gear is no longer a status symbol and that is bad for the game. Your gear is supposed to say "Yea I killed some dragons now stop looking at me before I kill you", now it says "I ran a bunch of 5 mans designed for fresh 85s but they carried me cause I cant do but 4k DPS"
    HM gear. Not everybody has it.

Especially the helm.

I still get people staring at my gear and going "AMG YOUR GEARSCORE IS SO HIGH" and I'm like "Wtf, who uses gearscore?"

Edit: And I'm still missing 4 pieces, too. =.=

The only thing I honestly dislike about Dragon Soul is that the HM gear is not easily distinguishable from normal gear the way it was this tier. Normal gear looked bland and soldier-like, while the Heroic gear was practically decked out in neon lighting.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2011-11-25 at 08:48 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I personally like the idea more. Like maybe being able to send back to a server from the start. Yes I know it has been asked time and time again but to be fair I wish I had been there since day one leveling and experiencing everything.

I wish they would wipe our characters off the face of the world and reset the game to the start. Hell I did some leveling in Classic, TBC and also the current. I admit it got to be grindy but all rep grinds are grinds and they have not changed in long.

Pretty much me agreeing to wearing my rose glasses and liking what I see through them.

Oh and making Stratholm and max level raid! It was fucking epic and sexy beyond human understanding.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    Go back to TBC days when getting gear meant something. I remember I first started about halfway through TBC. When I saw someone in tier 5 or 6 hanging around the Org bank/AH I was like damn they are a badass. Now you see someone in tier gear and you are like Meh they just ran a bunch of 5 mans and bought wellfare epics. Gear is no longer a status symbol and that is bad for the game. Your gear is supposed to say "Yea I killed some dragons now stop looking at me before I kill you", now it says "I ran a bunch of 5 mans designed for fresh 85s but they carried me cause I cant do but 4k DPS"
    While this is good for you, it's bad for business. You can dangle a carrot in front of people, but eventually you'll have to give it to them before they give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
    -Make the endgame last forever:
    --Currently, each time a new expansion is released all the previous endgame gets screwed. Hours and hours of work for nothing, just some bored people soloing everything for achievements. The endgame should last forever, and for that, you should be able to "freeze" your level. For example, I'm 85, and I want to raid MC fairly. I would be able to freeze myself into 60 for a while. This way, endgame wouldn't die, ever, and we would have many different parallels endgames, with different rewards (yeah, T3 is useless for a 85, but you got it fighting fair in 60, and you could use it in special level 60 PvP or something). They could even expand different endgames without worrying about them getting obsolete.
    You are already able to freeze your level. Only ones who are doing it are the twink PvPers though. And a few guilds with very special people still doing MC. But it is there.

I'll come back to this thread and write my own ideas and suggestions later, but now I'm way too tired.
    GM of Roiyaru - Frostmane. Ilinára, Combat rogue. So good at stealth I can't even find myself.

Fix dead servers. We are many who lives with this, more than you know off. Its a huge problem, it makes mega impact on your game.

More content out of raiding.

Agree heavly on your patching idea. I have had same ideas for atleast 2-3 years, I hate on patch days being stressed, while last 2-3 months up to patch Ive been very or somewhat bored.

I think you wrote a really cool and well thought post with which I tend to agree in most parts.
    More often patches with content is a must - I really hate log in for raid, do bit of pvp, log off. Daily hubs get boring very fast (especially FL ones).
    I really loved Hunter Epic Bow/Staff quest in vanilla - it was my best experience in game, ever.
    I remember when you had patches: 1.x.x, 2.x.x not like now 3.x and 4.x

What I would add:
    - Attunements back - They were really fun to do, but only ONCE. Make em account wide.
    - Proper Heroic modes - Go back to model that was in Ulduar, make reward not a whole tier, but a bit stronger weapon that drops there (not stupidly high ilvl difference). This way we could stay to smaller ilvl gains per tier, and let guilds that are one tier behind still capable of doing some of the stuff in new one (vanila: MC gear allowed you to go up to AQ40 clearing, in TBC: Kara gear let you clear up to part of BT and Hyjal).
    - Do some server merges finally (its no shame, really and only helps the "new" server).
    - Remove flying mounts from the game, fully. PvE servers wont be affected much while PvP will get some action going finally (dont QQ, PvP tag is there for a reason).

But yeah as Ive said I love the idea, but its more work than Cata itself did... perhaps this is what Cata shouldve brought us.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2011-11-25 at 09:24 PM.

Deleted
    Build a time machine and travel back to TBC.
    Good times.

But seriously.
    As wow is atm, i find a lack of things to do. The only time i ever play is when we're raiding with the guild, so i need something else than achievements to do while not raiding. And Professions? Nah, i don't need any money.

I would probably invent some kind of sidequests with fun-to-use rewards or at least a completely new one-two man instance where you get small rewards. Not clothings but like mats or useable things.

Just my thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    - Attunements back - They were really fun to do, but only ONCE. Make em account wide.
    Attunements were absolutely NOT fun if you were just starting the game and wanted to get into raiding, even in the casual scene.

If you're in a guild that wants people to have a certain amount of experience in OLDER raids in addition to current content, that's what the armory and achievements are for. Requiring achievements or specific quests to even do content is a ridiculous concept that only acts as a barrier to prevent your raid from getting a bigger roster.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Attunements were absolutely NOT fun if you were just starting the game and wanted to get into raiding, even in the casual scene.

If you're in a guild that wants people to have a certain amount of experience in OLDER raids in addition to current content, that's what the armory and achievements are for. Requiring achievements or specific quests to even do content is a ridiculous concept that only acts as a barrier to prevent your raid from getting a bigger roster.
    Yet there were plenty of Kara guilds, its you who wanted to skip content. I can agree that Kara one was bit long, but still.
    Bigger rosters are dead...

Just one thing for me.

World PvP. I'd like a massive open zone dedicated to world PvP. Containing objectives that grant meaningful bonuses to the entire faction that controls them. Tons of resources (nodes) in the zone also, another reason to encourage people to go there. Daily quests hub there too. And in my dream scenario... they'd also introduce an alternate advancement system. Players would earn world PvP points instead of honor while in this zone. And those points can be spent on bonuses to your toon. Those bonuses would only be active while you're in the world PvP zone.

Deleted
    I'd have all the flying mounts rounded up and shot. Probably get rid of Dungeon Finder too, and merge some servers. Player interaction would once again be important and commonplace.

For once, THIS is constructive feedback!

World pvp zone similar to what worgoblin said.
    I am thinking it would be a resource dense zone that would be fought every 2-4 hours or so. When the "Peace" time runs out, the two factions fight over objectives similar to auchindoun from BC, many objectives (7 Flag captures in BC) and you needed them all to succeed. Battle would last 30 minutes at most, zone is flagged as the winning side's, so they don't become flagged inside, while the opposite faction does (Maybe a 10-20% overall buff to winning side too, to give ninjas a challenge?). If the event ever ends in a tie (Uncaptured point), the zone will still be considered neutral until the next battle, where everyone is flagged.

After that...not too many ideas, some of the encounter mechanics they are making haven't been used before (Ping pong, anyone!?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... These requests I have are wide spread, and some maybe too tough. But I don't have many problems for the game already.

Support (General): Better function for reporting bugs, an available button dedicated to set you in on a Bug Report Notification tool inside the game.
    Support (RP): Better and more supervised name reporting tool, as RP servers can easily be infected by the dumbest things such as "Lolrogue" (sadly a name I've seen on RP servers). And more direct actions, set guidelines more firm for what names may be useable on RP servers.
    Support (PvP): More open minded for changes on the field of BG's. (Like -not- lowering WSG GY's, by raising them abose so no one can run to the GY).

(Was just a few examples)

Field of RP/world (but of course counting for other servers too if it would be a good idea):

1.: Open discussion for improvements for these servers, either in making some more common RP outfits (like everyday clothings or the likings).
    2.: Change in the server worlds (basicly, not many cares except people whom really notice it all). For example, updating Silvermoon City, Exodar and other small villages.
    3.: Open discussion for more posibilities for RP locations, i.e. empty buildings and the likings.
    4.: NPC activity, instead of having NPC's just staring and maybe reacting on one emote (like SMC guards), maybe add more. Or add some activity pr. city/village/town. As in ramdom chatter, citizens walking around. Heck, kids playing on the streets?
    5.: Change in the server enviroment, make night time more visable, darker skies when raining and the likings.
    6.: Change in Server worlds, chaos. Have active bandits, mercs and thiefs around the world.

Field of PvP:

1.: Cross continent PvP (?), being able to perhaps merge with the same battlegroups that are merged on US (?). Example, [EU] Cyclone Battlegroup merge with [US] Cyclone Battlegroup.
    2.: Zerg free World PvP BG's (TB), Tol Barad was sadly a failure hidden in a success bubble. But sadly this PvP area is just, whom can zerg fast enough. Make more active areas like WG.
    3.: Dangerous Arenas (?). Make them more interactive. Give them some "death arena" feel, make them have some fiery pit, spinning blades or tactic changing movements (Like the pillars in Ring of Valor).
    4.: And -no- nerfing of guards. It's a freaking city, it's supposed to be hard to assult.

Field of PvE:

1.: Active raids, where the raid shifts all according to whom/what you do within the raid. I.e you chose to help the drunking sailor, unlocking 3 bosses. But sadly the priest becomes enraged and leaves the site, losing 3 bosses as well. Have it made with 2-4 choices in a raid. Just so people can switch around and try different things.
    2.: Objectives within the raid, was used in ICC as well. But shifting quests within a raid, just make more than a few and not always have to contain a boss fight.
    3.: Open world raids (yes, world bosses, I know they are coming back) But open world raids where people (Horde and Alliance) may fight with each other (Unlocking a certain loot) or against each other (Unlocking a different set of loot).
    4.: Moving Raids. (We've seen the Gunships at ICC and the 1st part of the Deathwing fight). But this would be grand to introduce, maybe where actions changes the course of where you may go (I.e. a certain set of actions take you to a shortcut, and other set takes you to a landing where you have to fight more, or run more or avoid more traps)
    5.: Raids with outcome. You beat this raid = unlocking a new zone for dailies.

Just my wall of text of ideas, already sent some to Blizzard.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Warning: I'll probably be a hypocritical, incorrect, and overall poorly educated bigot in my response. But in my defense, I did just wake up from a nice little post-thanksgiving day nap. Anyways, my thoughts:

I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this, but if I could change WoW I would make it like it was in the summer of 2010, during Wrath and ICC.
    Why:
    1.) EZmode heroics. No one logs into the game and says to themselves, "Boy, I sure wish I could do some really challenging content with 4 people I've never played with before and whose skill could range from vastly superior to mine to vastly inferior to mine." People, or at least me and all of my friends (both IRL and in-game) do 5-mans to burn through and enjoy the satisfaction of destroying a boss. I remember doing 3 or 4 heroics in an hour, with each boss being a contest to do the most dps or for the healer to try and dps or something ridiculous like that, and having one hell of a good time. NOTE: These same heroics were hard when they came out. I didn't get an occulus kill for months. And I think that new expansions should follow suit: challenging while relevant, easy while irrelevant. The new heroics that came out, FoS, PoS, and HoR were all challenging, if only for a short while, and they should be, because they were relevant and the others were not.

2.) ICC was easy. But hardmodes were not. This way, someone who looked to just farm purpz could do so, and someone interested in a competitive challenge for the best rewards could do so as well. I don't think it's fair to exclude the people who can't commit time and effort from killing the bosses, so make 'em easy. (Note: this is what the raid finder is hopefully doing). Besides, sometimes it is fun to go and try and pull huge numbers on regular Saurfang etc. However, the tier wasn't entirely easy because hardmodes were still very competitive. If impressing people was the goal, heroic gear stood out from regular gear. Thus, when someone inspected you, they still bowed down to the green "Heroic" underneath of the name of the item. Both parties are satisfied.

3.) Moar bosses!!! With the exclusion of ToC with 5 bosses, each raid in this tier had high numbers of bosses. Naxx had 15 bosses, Ulduar had 14, and ICC had 12. Add in 4 from VoA, 1 from OS, 1 from RS, and 1 from EoE and that is a total of 53 bosses in the expansion. In cata we saw 13 our first tier, 7 our second, and 8 our third. Plus 2 in BH. Thats 30. That is less than 60% of the amount in WotLK. Not to mention that there were more dungeons as well. Overal, I felt like I was killing less in Cata than I did in WotLK. And killing stuff is fun. We should do more of it.

4.) More zones. Essentially in cata we got 5 new zones, while in wotlk we got 9. I just feel like there is so much more content available in 9 new zones than there is in 5. And I understand that there was an entire reworking of the WHOLE WORLD in cata, so that obviously required time and resources. I'm just saying that now that it is over with, we should return to the days of adding large amounts of content.

5.) I know it's frivolous, but I liked badges more than points. Maybe I liked the feeling of ripping a badge from a cold, dead bad guy and saying "This marks your individual death". Getting points almost makes me feel like there is a third party of judges awarding us with scores for our efforts. Along with the badges/points debate, I liked the ability to get infinite amounts of badges a week and be able to hold onto a infinite amount of them. There were weeks in the summer where I would literally do 30-40 heroics and earn a huge amount of badges. Now, once you've done 7, there is really no point in continuing.

Final thoughts: Yeah, maybe my idea of what's fun doesn't really match up with the rest of the playerbase. I don't know. But when I think of my fondest memories in WoW, they come from this summer. Maybe it's other factors (IRL stuff, more friends playing, etc.). I'm no sigmund freud. But I do know that the more content the better. More bosses, more zones, more recipes. As long as there is a lot of it to explore through and dive into I feel like I'll be entertained for a large amount of time. Quit trying to make the game more elite or more casual, just offer 2 different, yet complete modes for people to earn as much as they want. The elites can be satisfied with the green "heroic" and the casuals can be satisfied with the purples and the big numbers. Both can exist. That's why we have hardmodes.

Final final thoughts: I still love WoW, even though I didn't like Cataclysm very much. And I'm sure that no matter what the dev's do in MoP, I'll like it then too. This is just my response to the forum question asked.

Final Final Final thought: I feel like I should add that while more content is a plus, the new content looks like a dud (Im talking about pokewow, scenarios, and timed heroics). Blizzard: you know raids and heroics work, so add more of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'm not much for thinking about balancing or potential new classes or fixing PvP or whatever, but I know what I does in my WoW. I wanna see more dungeons and raids, and I think having lots of them should take priority over having lots of zones.

As great as a zone can be, you only ever go through its quests once - you can't re-do a zone. Not unless you roll a whole new character. And the wildest daily quests will still get boring after a couple weeks at best. So that awesome ride you took with your paladin or whatever through Mount Hyjal is always going to be a one-time thing. You know what you'll be doing over and over again? Throne of Tides, Grim Batol, Zul'Aman, etc.

Because everyone runs dungeons a billion times, there needs to be a wide variety of them so people don't get bored. MoP is looking particularly anemic in this area - six new dungeons? Plus a couple classics redone as heroics - everyone gushes over SM being the best thing ever, but we'll see if they think that way after the sixtieth run. That week.

I'd be fine with only having a couple zones as long as they're fairly hefty, but even with 9 zones in Wrath and 5 zones in Cata, people were hitting max level in only a couple of days. Then you have less than a dozen dungeons you have to run umpteen times. I want more dungeons and multiple raid tiers to start with, and I want to see more dungeons and raids with patches.

Might be interesting to try patching in new zones as well...

only if i knew blizzard would have listened

Honestly i dont believe blizzard will do those but here are a couple of ideas...

better spells and abilities...What you say?
    For warlocks...
    Remember the big giants lurkin around in the zones and crushes you in one hit? especially that mechanic elite in the tbc? well give warlocks to ability to conjure one of them into battle with one of their friends or 3 of their friends... 3 warlocks comin together and conjurin that releasin the chaos...

second mage... alter time you say?

yea make mages a time lord for real there can be TONS of ideas to improve mages... give alter time ability to actually change the score of the bg flag races or some other things.... time reversal would be def fun and annoyin ability xDDD

anyway wow has lost being wow but i luv mentoring skill that u mentioned awesome awesome awesome xD

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is so effed up now that its unfixable. Even blizzard cant fix it because all the systems they introduced cant just be taken away now.

As an example...flying completely fucked up the sense of scale/epicness of the world, and world interactions among other things (not to mention how laughably bad trees in the old world look from the top down view)...but they cant take out flying now.

LFD completely destroyed any sense of community...but you would say you dont want to wait for however long to get a group. This is wrong.....poeple had friends lists full of people that they would group with repeatedly and get shit done. Community is now destroyed for convenience sake.

Introducing welfare epics was the biggest mistake i think......people feel so entitled now that it breaks the game in too many aspects to mention. Back in vanilla...yea it took you a long time to even get BLUE item that you were DREAMING off...and to even get an epic was wtf awesome. Then you would work your way up through the community and became known as a geared/reliable player....

Welfare epics led to valor point system...which led to monotonous grinds etc......

Many other examples

The game is now an unfixable pile of shit upon shit upon crap.