Thread: Fraps help

Deleted

Fraps help

When i start fraps i press F9 in game and it tapes, but if i stop taping and start again will it then resume taping or will it start taping as a new video, and where does the video file go??

And what edit program do you use?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    By default FRAPS should be saving your video files to C:\FRAPS unless you have it set up differently. If you start then stop and restart taping, when you restart it will be considered a new video file. For light video editing you can use a free program called Windows Live Essentials.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really need to make a Fraps "how-to" video. :P

First part: yes, it will start a new file for a new recording, and depending on file sizes and settings, different files will be made regardless, even if it's all part of one filming.
    Second: Video file goes wherever the "Movie tab" shows, in the green box where it says "Folder to save movies in".. mine currently shows "E:\Fraps\Movies\Rift videos."

Let me know if you have any other questions, also, I HIGHLY suggest setting the video capture settings no higher than 30fps.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I found aswell if you have an external drive it works better to record your fraps to that, since video files are quite large i found it better to do it like this, also you get less slowdown on your pc while recording onto an external
    Last edited by Micfeind; 2011-11-25 at 06:27 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Micfeind, that would be a last option, imo, if only you have one HDD in your computer and you also play off that.... For me personally, a USB-drive would be a poor option, 1) because I have a 1TB internal HDD along-side my SSD that I play games off of and boot off of. 2) USB drives have extremely low write-speeds, so unless you have an E-SATA supported External HDD or one with USB 3.0 write speeds, it would actually be very poor, worse than an internal HDD. Also, video files will be truly large if you film at 60 fps, yes.... you shouldn't film at that fps, as it's a waste. Youtube supports no higher than 29.97 fps anyways.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    When i fraps in game it just suddenly stops frapsing and i have to press F9 to fraps again and eventually it just crashes. Why does it? Its on 30 fps.

And how do i record external sound, i pressed the record external input, but there isnt any sound recording?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy21 View Post
    When i fraps in game it just suddenly stops frapsing and i have to press F9 to fraps again and eventually it just crashes. Why does it? Its on 30 fps.

And how do i record external sound, i pressed the record external input, but there isnt any sound recording?
    You aren't using the free version by any chance? That'd cap the recording length to 30 second clips.