Poll: Your opinion on the Alliance retaking Stromgarde?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Should the Grand Alliance retake Stromgarde during the MoP world event?

So, some time ago, we got information on the MoP world event.

-The Horde will destroy Theramore in an epic battle.
    -The Alliance will help Varian do some quests to prove he's cool.

Am I the only one not giving a crap about Varian? I play both sides, so no bias from me. I love the Horde version (hope Rexxar makes an appearance and retakes Stonemaul to initiate the siege of Theramore), kicking some Jaina ass, but what about the blue side?

So, the Alliance is going to lose Theramore, or get it badly damaged. During this expansion, the Horde got Bilgewater Harbor, the Theramore equivalent. It's only fair the Alliance gets something to replace Theramore, isn't it?

And that something is Stromgarde.

The Horde will get an epic battle vs Theramore, and with the retaking of Stromgarde, the Alliance would get an epic battle against the Forsaken, finishing the storyline there (if you've played as Horde beyond Hillsbrad, you'd have noticed how lame feels the unrevamped Arathi Highlands) and balancing awesomeness between both sides.

The options for this are great:
    -Danath Trollbane would return (with draenei and Alliance Expedition forces), and face an undead Galen Trollbane.
    -Thargas Anvilmar, stationed at Thandol Span, could get to kick some ass.
    -Calia Menethil could appear, supposing the theory she was married to someone from Stromgarde is true.
    -The worgen, lead by Ivar Bloodfang and Darius Crowley, could help in the battle.
    -A worgen Isiden Perenolde could return to help in the battle, to later try to retake Alterac.
    -The high elves,the Wildhammer dwarves and the draenei could help the Alliance, too, being so near at Hinterlands. Same for the night elves, stationed at Wetlands.
    -Varian wouldn't need to be left out, since he could lead the attack by himself. Instead of making crappy quests to show his worth, he could achieve the greatest deed: defeating the forsaken onslaught and retaking humanity's first nation-city, as well as a foothold on Lordaeron.

Stromgarde could get a facelift, including a bigger keep and even a port (both exist on lore, but not in-game). If recovering the entire city is too much, some sections can be left on ruins or still invaded by ogres.

Do you approve of this idea? then spread it around so everybody finds out about how awesome it would be.

Blizzard wants faction war? THIS is faction war.

Edit: Also, Varian shouldn't become "High King", that's retarded, the Alliance isn't the Horde. He should become the Supreme Commander (like Anduin Lothar and Turalyon), and obey the rest of the leaders. Stormwind, in the other hand, should be left on someone else's hand (Anduin, Jaina, Anduin with Jaina helping, a new wife, etc).

Edit2: Some stuff that may hint this coming true:
    *Skuerto dialogue: I'm sick of sittin' in this hole. I hope whatever sorry pencil-pusher is holdin' up Danath's return gets a punch in the jimmies.
    *Deathwing broke Danath's statue, which hasn't been repaired yet.

See also:
    *Discussion at the official forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3811452646
    *Discussion at Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...ke_stromgarde/
    Last edited by Lon-ami; 2012-01-15 at 02:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support this ._.

Always liked stormgarde.

You should post on official forums, its a good idea.
    Last edited by Derpdederp; 2011-11-25 at 08:26 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, yes and yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpdederp View Post
    I support this ._.

Always liked stormgarde.

You should post on official forums, its a good idea.
    I'm not on US, and EU forums are useless, so I'd rather have someone with an account there try to get the attention if people really support this .

Deleted
    The Grand Alliance died years ago, but yes, Danath should get his slacker-ass back through the Dark Portal and lead the new Alliance in retaking Stromgarde.

The whole reason for the quest line is to make people like Varian. He ha been a crappy king and this is blizzards way to make him bad ass and a good leader for the alliance

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The last prince of Stromgarde is forsaken now. So nope, we'd be the bad guys for retaking it. The horde is at least justified in sacking Theramore after SBarrens.

Only thing we can do is sit there and take it again while saying "Someday..."

Edit: And before anyone says it. Trollbane is their champion, not king.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    only if we get to see worgen sipping tea!

I'm fine with the Horde getting\destroying Theramoore, if I get a great and fun game next Xpac. Seems like a fair trade. Great and fun is subjective I know, so I'll let you know if I get it

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep hearing about a quest line to make varian more cool, can some 1 link any real source of it? or is it just a fan fic

Deleted
    Yes, we should, much better then Varian's trials, I don't want a dictatorship with the Alliance as well, the Alliance is a military alliance where every leader is leader of his/her own country.

Quote Originally Posted by wolpertinger95 View Post
    The whole reason for the quest line is to make people like Varian. He ha been a crappy king and this is blizzards way to make him bad ass and a good leader for the alliance
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to hate him if he gets to monopolize a world event.

If Blizzard wants me to like him, make him retake Stromgarde. He will be my hero then.

Until he does something useful, he can go cry a corner about his kid and his wife and his wolf spirit and his chin and crap. You get respect by kicking the enemy faction, more when they're kicking you too. If they repeat what we saw at Wolfheart novel, that is, Varian slaughtering everyone around him, everyone will love him.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I keep hearing about a quest line to make varian more cool, can some 1 link any real source of it? or is it just a fan fic
    Watch the Blizzcon '11 vids, Metzen said it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I can't find the link now, but in the QA I think from Blizzcon they said it, Metzen said they want to give Varian some sort of trials frome very other Alliance leader and make him some sort of supreme Alliance leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? Yes, I think Kalimdor belongs more to the horde and Eastern Kingdoms to alliance, let Allies get Stromgarde. And we get Theramore WITH OGRES/ORCS
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I can't find the link now, but in the QA I think from Blizzcon they said it, Metzen said they want to give Varian some sort of trials frome very other Alliance leader and make him some sort of supreme Alliance leader.
    The Alliance had Supreme Commanders before (Anduin Lothar and Turalyon). I could see Varian becoming the Supreme Commander, but only after leaving someone on charge of Stormwind (Anduin, Jaina, a new wife, etc). Of course, he would act as a Supreme Commander, not as a retarded High King, the Alliance isn't the Horde, and he would have to obey the other leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    As a horde player, I approve this to get Danath Trollbane back to kill him myself in an epic battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to hate him if he gets to monopolize a world event.

If Blizzard wants me to like him, make him retake Stromgarde. He will be my hero then.

Until he does something useful, he can go cry a corner about his kid and his wife and his wolf spirit and his chin and crap. You get respect by kicking the enemy faction, more when they're kicking you too. If they repeat what we saw at Wolfheart novel, that is, Varian slaughtering everyone around him, everyone will love him.
    But you have no idea of what he will do. Blizzard said that they want to make this questline really epic. I think that he will kick some horde ass in an epic event. But we can't know for sure what it is that he is going to do, maybe the reclaiming of stromgarde is one of the events that he is going to do.(blizzard said that he would be doing epic things for all the races in the alliance wich means that there will be more then one event)

Quote Originally Posted by wolpertinger95 View Post
    But you have no idea of what he will do. Blizzard said that they want to make this questline really epic. I think that he will kick some horde ass in an epic event. But we can't know for sure what it is that he is going to do, maybe the reclaiming of stromgarde is one of the events that he is going to do.(blizzard said that he would be doing epic things for all the races in the alliance wich means that there will be more then one event)
    I can't think of anything more awesome than retaking Stromgarde, so I don't expect to be overwhelmed by whatever they plan, unless it's retaking Stromgarde with flying sharks .

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see the once mighty city of Stromgarde return.

Everytime i quest through there I think of what it could be.