Thread: Hey

Hey

Hey hey Got forwarded here from some guildies regarding advice for a potential new pc. My current system is:

Operating System: Windows 2.6.1.7600
    CPU Type: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
    CPU Speed: 2.15 GHz
    System Memory: 4 GB
    Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
    Video Card Driver: nvd3dum.dll
    Desktop Resolution: 1280x800
    Hard Disk Size: 372.6 GB
    Hard Disk Free Space: 308.32 GB (83%)

Made the above pc around 4-5 years ago and was supposed to be good then.Anyway i suffer atm on 25 man raids in WoW i could however play TW2 and i can play Skyrim also without freezes etc but on low. So basically i am thinking to get a new pc and would really appreciate a full system suggestion.

My badget will be around 900-1000 euros maybe i can go a tad higher for significant upgrades like 1,1-1,2 maybe. Btw i got a LG Flatron W1942T 19' monitor what do you think do i need to get a new one aswell and if yes which? Pc's usage is purely for games btw.

Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2011-11-25 at 09:20 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Once I have some more free time at work I'll set ya up with a build mate. I noticed you are using the Euro for your budget are you in the UK or another country? If another country please let me know which so I can find the best deals possible for ya.

I am in Greece but no need to cause to much trouble to you. Also i am not to much of a pc expert so i prefer to get the all pc parts from 1 place and have them set it up aswell so basically what i had in mind was to get a proper build suggestion and potentially and if need a monitor one also. Then go out on 3-4 different shops and get their offers and will order the best one and will ask them to set it up aswell.

Thats what i had in mind at least.

Thats the pc configurator from the company i got my last pc in case it helps http://www.e-shop.gr/PER_pc_config_desktop.phtml
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2011-11-26 at 12:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Once I have some more free time at work I'll set ya up with a build mate. I noticed you are using the Euro for your budget are you in the UK or another country? If another country please let me know which so I can find the best deals possible for ya.

UK doesnt use Euro so another euro country.

If you know how to put a computer together, you could just get away with upgrading the processor and video card. Depending on your motherboard and choice of processor, you may have to get a new motherboard and power supply.

But seriously, my computer isn't much better than yours (Quad 2.33ghz, 3.25 ram, Geforce 9800GT) and I run the game at max settings with very few lag issues. Perhaps you need some general cleanups on your PC for performance?

I mean, this is just if you want to get the most performance for your budget, you don't need to upgrade everything. Heck, even if you got a 200-300 dollar video card, you could probably run everything seamlessly, but I'd suggest the full CPU/Video/Mobo upgrades.

Things like ram, hard drive, monitor, and case wouldn't need to be touched, really.

Just a suggestion.

I really want to get a new one at this point Been a while since the last personal purchase i made purely for fun so wanna enjoy it a bit. And some nice games out at this point new Diablo next Starcraft, etc Skyrim now etc.

Think its a good point to get a pc game wise. And ok i really want to be able to raid again in WoW without turning off half my add ons and shaking if it will freeze or not when we get many adds...

25 mans are devastating for my pc at least

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    I really want to get a new one at this point Been a while since the last personal purchase i made purely for fun so wanna enjoy it a bit. And some nice games out at this point new Diablo next Starcraft, etc Skyrim now etc.

Think its a good point to get a pc game wise. And ok i really want to be able to raid again in WoW without turning off half my add ons and shaking if it will freeze or not when we get many adds...

25 mans are devastating for my pc at least
    That's what I'm saying. Instead of buying something prebuilt, upgrading the vital gaming components will get you more performance for your budget. With your budget, if you use it right, you could be playing WoW at max settings with no lag in 25 mans.

Nah i really want to get a new and shiny one Upgrading properly needs knowledge to much hassle for me to upgrade individual parts i ll have to locate them purchase them find someone to attach them etc etc. I know its easy in theory and saw other people mention it also on other posts but tbh if you are above 30 and you got your 1st pc and started playing your 1st video game 5 years ago its not that simple

Turn on turn off run some games and thats about it regarding my pc knowledge :/ Old pc will get used from my brother anyway since he is stack with a very old laptop atm so a new purchase has double benefit

Saw the sticky btw

Budget: around 1000 euros a bit more a bit less is ok
    Resolution: Best possible for this badget
    Games / Settings Desired: 25 man WoW raids, SC2, Diablo 3, Skyrim
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Nothing at all simply games
    Parts that can be reused: Got mouse/keyboards.

---------- Post added 2011-11-27 at 08:42 PM ----------

up in case anyone can help
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2011-11-27 at 08:17 PM.

Up in case anyone can help. still havent ordered :/

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    Hey hey Got forwarded here from some guildies regarding advice for a potential new pc. My current system is:

Operating System: Windows 2.6.1.7600
    CPU Type: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
    CPU Speed: 2.15 GHz
    System Memory: 4 GB
    Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
    Video Card Driver: nvd3dum.dll
    Desktop Resolution: 1280x800
    Hard Disk Size: 372.6 GB
    Hard Disk Free Space: 308.32 GB (83%)

Made the above pc around 4-5 years ago and was supposed to be good then.Anyway i suffer atm on 25 man raids in WoW i could however play TW2 and i can play Skyrim also without freezes etc but on low. So basically i am thinking to get a new pc and would really appreciate a full system suggestion.

My badget will be around 900-1000 euros maybe i can go a tad higher for significant upgrades like 1,1-1,2 maybe. Btw i got a LG Flatron W1942T 19' monitor what do you think do i need to get a new one aswell and if yes which? Pc's usage is purely for games btw.

Thanks in advance !
    First, the thread title should really be more spesific, i came here to say hi
    Anyway, ill try to help you
    Your current system is kinda shit imho.
    I recently bought a HP pavillion desktop for about 1.1k euro(I live in norway where euro isnt the standard currency), and that computer is a beast
    My friend who always says "my computer is better than yours" was shocked when he tried it out
    Im not at home right now, so I cant check all the specs or the exact model, i tried finding it on the web, but nothing
    Ill tell you what it is when i get home, should be in 2-3 hours
    Best computer ive used EVER!!

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Looks pretty good, although you may wanna consider a higher wattage on your PSU (but that may just be me being paranoid, I fried a motherboard and video card because I used an inadequate power supply, so I tend to go overboard).
    Frying stuff is not fun, i did it once with a old old old desktop, and that stench!?! ....dont fry a computer is all i can say....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!