Would this be a good gamming desktop build for World of Warcraft 25 man raids?

Case 1 x CoolerMaster HAF 922 Gaming Case-Black
    Case Lighting None
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction None
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion None
    Processor 1 x Intel® Core™ i5-2320 Processor (4x 3.0GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
    iBUYPOWER PowerDrive None
    Processor Cooling 1 x Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155]-[Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan
    Memory 1 x 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module-Corsair or Major Brand - FREE Upgrade to Corsair XMS3
    Video Card 1 x AMD Radeon HD 6870 - 1GB-Single Card
    Video Card Brand 1 x Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA
    Motherboard 1 x ASUS P8Z68-V LX -- Lucid Virtu Technology
    Intel Smart Response Technology None
    Power Supply 1 x 700Watt - Standard
    Primary Hard Drive 1 x 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive
    Data Hard Drive None
    Optical Drive 1 x [12X Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive-Black
    2nd Optical Drive None
    Flash Media Reader / Writer 1 x 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer-Black
    Meter Display None
    USB Expansion None
    Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
    Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
    Operating System 1 x None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only
    Keyboard 1 x Thermaltake eSPORTS CHALLENGER Gaming Keyboard-Black Friday only! - FREE after $44 Instant OFF
    Monitor None
    2nd Monitor None
    Speaker System 1 x iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System
    Video Camera None
    Case Engraving Service None
    Warranty 1 x 3 Year Standard Warranty Service
    Rush Service 1 x Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee)-No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days
    Advanced Build Options 1 x iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System-Protect your investment during transportation!
    Advanced Build Options 1 x Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound-The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks
    Subtotal $937.00

I was wondering if this desktop build would be sufficient for having around 50~60 fps in 25 man raids. I not very familiar with hardware so I'm not sure if this is a good build or not. Also does anyone have any idea on which motherboard is better the ASUS P8Z68-V LX -- Lucid Virtu Technology or the Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3? I'm trying to keep it under 1k price but any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Titanian

937 bucks for this setup is very, very expensive, but i guess you cant really help that since it's prebuild.

it should run wow fine (though 60fps in 25manraids on highest settings is pretty hard to achieve), however:
    for nearly 1k bucks i'd expect AT LEAST a better videocard, probably a slightly better CPU aswell.

as for the motherboards:
    difference between motherboards is very small peformance wise (if they have the same chipset), the only thing that's different is features like more PCIe slots, more USB3 Slots, etc etc. Either of these will suffice for your needs.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like most prebuilt computers it's over priced. But that's the price you pay if you don't build yourself.
    I'm not familiar with ibuypower or how customizable they are. But you could get a cheaper motherboard as you won't need the Lucid tech.

But for 25 man raiding it's a pretty decent rig and won't impede your raid.

Deleted
    if you build yourself you'll get so much more w/ 937$. and its only like as hard as legos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilaca View Post
    if you build yourself you'll get so much more w/ 937$. and its only like as hard as legos
    Anythings easy when you know how, it isnt otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Anythings easy when you know how, it isnt otherwise
    This. I had to wait for 4 months to build my PC.. as I had absolutely NO CLUE what I was doing. Hell, I even looked a youtube videos. I finally had the extra money to take it down to the Computer Repair shop.. and he put it together for me for 30$.

First thing I'm going to come at you with is it's over priced for what you're getting, besides that, I don't think it won't lag 100% of the time in a 25 man, the CPU is pretty low end for an i5, and the GPU will get pretty stressed in something like HC Ragnaros 25 man P2.

Here's what I'd feel comfortable with:
    i5 2500k
    GTX 560Ti or 6950
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

OP, building a PC isn't all that hard. Infact I built my 1st pc two days ago. These videos will help a lot.

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches

How to Build a Gaming Computer
    <--- This is an almost step by step process and he helped a lot.

These will all help you. You can and will get a lot better components for 1k. It wasn't that hard for me to build a PC. Just watch those videos, maybe take some notes if you need to, and do everything carefully.
    Last edited by Alistairr; 2011-11-26 at 08:44 PM.