Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Getting music from YouTube

What would be the best approach?

I was using Any Video Converter, but now it has a time limit on the amount that you can convert; No more 50 minute dubstep mixes for me.

What do you guys use? What should I use?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    just use youtube as its suposed man

Deleted
    www.listentoyoutube.com works fine

However, taking copyrighted material is illegal (however, I don't think anyone cares at all... If FBI ask, you didn't got the site from me, right?).
    Last edited by mmocf48d514961; 2011-11-26 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post

However, taking copyrighted material is illegal (however, I don't think anyone cares at all).
    Was gonna post that. Site works fine.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    MP3 Rocket, converts any video URL including vimeo, youtube and many others directly into MP3 or even video if you want. As always, do not take or redistribute copyrighted materials.

Deleted
    yeah, I use Listentoyoutube too. very nice and handy thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    realplayer has an option to download every video you find on the webzor.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

Works great and you only needs the pro version if you have a mac (even than you dont.)

Deleted
    http://filsh.net

Works great and you can transform the video in nearly every fileformat you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the replies, tossing them into my bookmarks now.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I don't like giving sites away, if you need them u probably will find them. Obvious logical searches will find them in minutes. I am actually glad for ways to get music cheap, I think the whole concept has been monopolized by big media and way overpriced until the internet got big when openly spreading access to all media to the masses.

Though some people get ripped off from such features like this existing, also they get more exposure, which could mean more money despite unauthorized DLs, most media sold cheap enough leaves little incentive to steal and especially if you support the artist- with the payments going straight to them. sorry for my rambling philosophy here.

Though some people have music you can't find a way to purchase, so youtube is great for that.

But back to using software, anything that works, works. some days the sites for doing so run like shit or you can't access them, doing maintenance or simply are not working with some videos. This is why you just look for what works and use multiples of them. To be safe avoid ones that want to DL other stuff besides the MP3 file on your computer, as you may get unintended presents. I haven't come across or seen such sites yet, so don't be too paranoid, but I bet they are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post

However, taking copyrighted material is illegal (however, I don't think anyone cares at all... If FBI ask, you didn't got the site from me, right?).
    Yea, I don't know MMOChamp's position in telling others how to get copyrighted material.

Watching it on youtube is exactly the same as "taking".

I wouldn't recommend it unless you absolutely cannot get that audio anywhere else though. From what I understand, youtube forces sound into a mono-audio output, which lowers the audio quality being heard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    I wouldn't recommend it unless you absolutely cannot get that audio anywhere else though. From what I understand, youtube forces sound into a mono-audio output, which lowers the audio quality being heard.

Definitely not mono

Open that video in Opera and set the page to refresh to the duration of the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Those poor artists. They just can't buy their 4th mercedes because the scum of the Earth is putting their hard work on the internet for anyone to enjoy.
    Some of them are actually making quite a lot of money from uploading their own songs to youtube. There are music videos with + 400 000 000 views. That is the most powerful free advertising in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use realplayer.

I reccomend using the Downloadhelper plugin for firefox to download the highest quality of the video possible, followed by converting to an mp3 using http://www.aoamedia.com/audioextractor.htm

However a lot of DJs who publish their songs on youtube will typically have something like a bandcamp or a soundcloud where you can download their music for free at much higher quality legally. :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use listentoyoutube.com too, but it sometimes bugs and gets stuck at 0%.