Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Creepy game show host...

How was this not seen as wrong back then? Wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the 70's there was nothing wrong with this. Times were different sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Deleted
    I don't care that it was acceptable back then.

This is sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you're young then? Like I just said, things were different back then, you could leave your door unlocked, you could trust your neighbor, and not have to worry to much about people back then.

The video is also dramatized. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Deleted
    Chris Hanson: why don't you take a seat over there... mr showhost

10+ Year Old Account
    Really awkward...

so awkward i had to stop at 0:52
    *shudders*
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Kids kiss lots of strange men, like that uncle from another state they haven't seen in 3 years (which is pretty much an eternity at that age)

What the hell is this? He asks a 11 year old kid about dates and shit? That guy is SICK.

Doesn't really matter if it was different back then or any other reason tha'ts gonna be set for this clip, it's still disturbing and wrong to watch now.
    It wasn't that bad to watch those that gave without forcing, just asking (still horrible that he asks that in a gameshow). However the girl he tried to "suprise" and missed, thats like really really wrong

And yeah, it was a gameshow, he should have keept that kinda things out of it and stick to it at home only

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    I bet you're young then? Like I just said, things were different back then, you could leave your door unlocked, you could trust your neighbor, and not have to worry to much about people back then.

It's not that it's more unsafe now it's that we have 24 hour news coverage with murders reported every day/week and public databases of sex offenders.
    Last edited by mmocca70d558a3; 2011-11-26 at 10:21 AM.

GAH!! i forced myself to watch the rest! now i cant unsee it D:
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

As someone else said this isn't really true. The crime rate hit its max in the 90's but the current crime rate is roughly the same as it was in the 60s. Its hard to compare modern day with pre 1960's because the data just isn't there.

Also. I almost never use the lock on my door, I trust my neighbors, and I don't really worry about people. It all depends on where you live.

I came into this thread expecting to see Louie Anderson, but was sorely disappointed.

OT: Yes, it's creepy today, but back then it wasn't. That's just how things work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    I came into this thread expecting to see Louie Anderson, but was sorely disappointed.

OT: Yes, it's creepy today, but back then it wasn't. That's just how things work.
    It was creepy back then too. You can clearly see the disgust in some of the kids eyes.
    The host is a pedophile and he is allowed to do this because hes famous.

Thats the difference between now and then. People react more openly towards pedophiles now than before.

This is a good thing. If that pedo tried to kiss my kids and ask them about dating and shit i would fuck him up.

Quote Originally Posted by hayharut View Post
    GAH!! i forced myself to watch the rest! now i cant unsee it D:
    God get a grip. It's not hard to watch. Different times, back then.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    The video isn't creepy as such. Its just our attitudes and perception have changed now.

Good example is the Werther's original advert (the one with the child and his grandpa, and the grandpa gives him a kiss on the forehead), back then it was viewed as "Ooh that's cute". However, years of Pedogeddon in the media (watch Brass Eye if you don't get it :P) meant that the public perception of anything like this shifted rapidly. Thus, kind old grandpa looks like some kind of massive pervert now. The advert hasn't changed, just our view on it.

Yeh, its creepy, but it's by now means terrible. He probably thinks he is being nice and sweet to the kids.

That or he *is* a massive pervert :P
    That's pretty much what I was trying to say. How we view things shifts with the times. Earrings, tattoos, clothing, etc. Our perception of it is constantly shifting.
    Last edited by halmotors; 2011-11-26 at 12:59 PM.

People are taking it like he MUST have had a sexual desire. Yeah, it is a bit creepy in nowadays, but it seemed like a harmless thing. He wasn't making out with them, just a quick kiss as a daughter would a father. It was probably just a stunt by the show to get more ratings, and the host suffered the judgement.

some ppl say it was ok back then.....how d eff was that ok....
    vaguely subliminal messages to little girls that if they wanna get ahead in life all they hadda do is give a little kiss and hug.....
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

Deleted
    Back in the 70's there was nothing wrong with this. Times were different sadly.
    Times were diferent my foot !!
    People just didnt talk much about pedophilia, it wasnt very well known but there were perverts then just like there are perverts now

On a side note
    1st girl is too cute : p
    Last edited by mmoc0aa45d37f2; 2011-11-26 at 12:55 PM.