i5-2320 or Amd Phenom x4 965 Black edit

Getting a new comp, wich CPU would perform better? An i5-2320 3.0 Ghz, or and Amd Phenom II x4 965 3.4 Ghz Black edition?
    The i5 would be with a Gainward GeForce Gtx 560 Non Ti and the Phenom with a Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 1gb Dual Fan
    I'm not planning to OC atm btw.

Intel version would be better in any and all gaming use assuming you will not overclock.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by heenksa33 View Post
    Getting a new comp, wich CPU would perform better? An i5-2320 3.0 Ghz, or and Amd Phenom II x4 965 3.4 Ghz Black edition?
    The i5 would be with a Gainward GeForce Gtx 560 Non Ti and the Phenom with a Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 1gb Dual Fan
    I'm not planning to OC atm btw.
    the i5 will be peform better than the phenom as for the processors.
    i think a 6950 peforms better than a Non-TI 560 though, especially if you unlock it.

Is it a big difference between the i5 and the phenom? Except that I've read the phenom sounds like a jet
    And I'll be playing WoW, Skyrim and Bf 3 btw.

i5-2320 will be better for WoW, Radeon 6950 will be better for BF3. For Skyrim it doesn't make any difference either way.

If you can, ask the store to put the AMD card into same computer with Intel processor. Might cost $50 more but you'll get best of both worlds.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That 560 non ti isn't gonna be that great for BF3. But Skyrim and WoW are both CPU dependent and will perform better on the i5, but BF3 will definitely perform better with the 6950 rig as it's not CPU limited by either of those processors.

Well Im buying from a swedish internet site thingy and there aren't any option to put the 6950 into i5 comp. Is the difference so big so I rather choose the gtx 560 instead of the 6950 to get the i5? Could OC the phenom in the future I suppose.

GTX560 is about 15-20% slower than R6950 in BF3, so instead of 50fps with high settings you could be looking at 40fps.

On the other hand i5-2320 is about 50% faster than PhenomII x4 965 in 25-man raids of WoW, and you're looking at 15 vs 25 fps during big aoe phases like for example seeds of Ragnaros heroic. In 10-man raids either processor will be good enough, but in 25's there pretty big difference.

You choose from there what games are more important, and if you're ever doing 25-man raids or not.
    Trolling should be.

Well I ain't playing 25m, and is it worth getting 8gb ram instead of 4?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heenksa33 View Post
    Well I ain't playing 25m, and is it worth getting 8gb ram instead of 4?
    If you are only playing games, and one at a time, i would say no its not.

Also you would be better of if you took your money and bought all parts standalone and put the rig together on your own, it is not hard and you will get better performance/$ if you are not confident you can do that, ask some of your friends/family to help I am sure there is someone who can manage that