Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Star Wars the Old Republic beta (Saturday session)

Is ridiculous.

I log on and i get instant lag. Lag is so bad i can't even do anything.... I thought it was my computer so i attempt to go run the game on low options.Once i did that my whole screen instantly turns black and i can't see anything. Once again i go into my video options and reset to defaults and it didn't fix so i had to reset the game. I log back on and i instantly lag again and i end up rage quitting.

Is it me or can the server not handle this many people? I'm clearly disappointed at this beta right now

1) I've had no lag

2) It's a stress test weekend, they are trying to get lag to, imagine this...test how much stress their servers can handle
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

I had little to no lag last night and today, please keep in mind (as everyone else will probably state, and what was in the email you received about this weekend) is that this is a stress test, to stress the system, and test it. IT IS NOT PRODUCTION, this is a test, stress test, testing, it's testing the game, it's beta.

My latency has gone above 130 a few times, and I had a couple of several second long lag-spikes, but other than that, my latency is usually below 100 though, around 80 most of the time.

This is playing from Portugal. Comparatively, WoW was often hovering around 100ms, and often reaching upto 200ms, so overall, considering the servers are even further away, I'm pretty happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even log in, my PLAY button on my launcher is grayed out. Apparently a lot of people have this problem.

Judging by a majority of opinions I am seeing, it seems that this game is pretty fail.
    (In before someone quotes this saying that they think it is totally awesome and that this is the best game ever and complainers are just idiots)

More reports of there being major lag, than not.

I believe the majority.

40ms, no lag at all, had no problems logging in or w/e , no fps issues..

Dunno what you all complaining about!

I love people complaining about Beta. It's such a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by wutadubmasre View Post
    More reports of there being major lag, than not.

I believe the majority.
    Because people are going to make posts just to say they have no lag, tbh from the looks of the forum its 75% + happy people playing right now

of course the major amount of posts you will see right now are negative. Those people didn't like the game (for valid reasons or not) so they stopped playing and started posting. The tens of thousands of people who do like the game are still playing it right now. Shocker I know.

I've been in the full time beta for a while now. I have a current lvl 50. It is, by far, one of the best games I've ever played. It has the whole package. It's not perfect, it still growing, but it is very, very good.

I'm not a "fanboy" either . I've seen the Star wars movies, but not more than once. I like them, but I don;t know Star wars lore, ect. It's an MMO. I judge it based on that, and it gets very high marks in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just joined the shortest US-East Coast PVE server I could find. It had 920 players in the queue. 5 minutes later, 876 are still in.

It's like playing on one of the high pop vanilla WoW servers. Only, every SWTOR server is having this problem.

If my server I chose has a 2 minute wait estimation, then I'd HATE to see the ones with 8 hour estimated waits must be like... Oh god.

32 minutes later, still 141 people left.
    Last edited by Sentinel; 2011-11-26 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Before you get all bent out of shape about lag, Que's and what not.. you do realize that this is the point of this weekends beta yes? This is a stress test meant to tune in server numbers to push servers to the breaking point to see how much server load is too much, how many servers are necessary.. to have you find glitches and bugs... cause you are a BETA tester..

YOU ARE NOT PLAYING A RELEASED VERSION OF THE GAME!!

If you find bugs, ques that are to long, lag and what not... Great!! you are doing your job.. report it so they can get the feed back they are looking for.

If you went into this weekend expecting anything less then log out and dont play again until early access so you can experience the final release version of the game.

Every North American Server is full and has a que. True Story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    40ms, no lag at all, had no problems logging in or w/e , no fps issues..

Dunno what you all complaining about!

Same here Alanni...Had nothing but a BLAST so far...took a break to eat/chill and heading back in...Taking it really slow, reading everything, getting lost and just enjoying being all evil (Sith Inq.)...

Star Wars marathon on TV
    Star Wars MMO on Computer

Win/Win

The thing i find most amusing is the amount of blind fanboyism going on. People dont seem to realize that while this is classified as a 'beta', its really not. They send the game off for duplicating/packaging next week, and it launches in 25 days. There's still thousands of people posting on the testing forums who cant even complete the download of the game, or the launcher isnt patching correctly, etc.

It's a 300 million dollar game in development for 4 years, and in beta for over a year, that has the technical issues of a F2P game that was built in a month.

And before i get bashed too heavily, i preordered 2 CE editions the day it was available, and have been in 3 betas so far. Issues are still persisting from the first beta i did 6 months ago, and this does not bode well for them. I want the game to succeed, but having tested Warhammer, Aion, Rift, etc - this is the most flawed beta that is this close to launching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some is fanboyish, some is not. Don't lump all people impressed with the game into that silly category.
    Also, 300mil is a huge lie. It's just over 100mill. I think "thousands" is an exaggeration. And come on with the month long creation FtP comparison. And I just don't agree that those other games were more polished/less flawed, excluding Rift. That was a nice beta.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-26 at 08:56 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I have noticed some lag, but nothing insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    The thing i find most amusing is the amount of blind fanboyism going on. People dont seem to realize that while this is classified as a 'beta', its really not. They send the game off for duplicating/packaging next week, and it launches in 25 days. There's still thousands of people posting on the testing forums who cant even complete the download of the game, or the launcher isnt patching correctly, etc.

It's a 300 million dollar game in development for 4 years, and in beta for over a year, that has the technical issues of a F2P game that was built in a month.

And before i get bashed too heavily, i preordered 2 CE editions the day it was available, and have been in 3 betas so far. Issues are still persisting from the first beta i did 6 months ago, and this does not bode well for them. I want the game to succeed, but having tested Warhammer, Aion, Rift, etc - this is the most flawed beta that is this close to launching.
    Oh, you mean like Warhammer: Age of Reckoning's memory leak that made it to live, that literally rendered the game unplayable after a few hours?

It's a stress-test weekend. It's not the final product yet. There will be lag and the like. /shrug
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

"Every North American Server is full and has a que. True Story."

I think that this must be on purpose. All day yesterday i never saw my server about average load. Same this morning.

However, i did stuff for a few hours and they were all full. Either they invited twice as many people, or they throttled how many could be on. Still, it only took about 5 mins to get in.

Surprisingly no problems for me. Logged into a West coast server that had a really short queue (I'm East coast). Lag and ping seemed fine, even though there were a ton of players in the starting area. Having a blast so far, but I'll probably wait to buy it until after the holidays to avoid the massive crowds and accompanying qq.