Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm just frustrated that I've been waiting to get into the server with an 'estimated' 40 sec. wait time for about 10 minutes now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    "Every North American Server is full and has a que. True Story."

I think that this must be on purpose. All day yesterday i never saw my server about average load. Same this morning.

However, i did stuff for a few hours and they were all full. Either they invited twice as many people, or they throttled how many could be on. Still, it only took about 5 mins to get in.
    I think you are probably right here. Not sure how the invites were setup, but mine didn't allow access until today.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    I think you are probably right here. Not sure how the invites were setup, but mine didn't allow access until today.
    Ahh, ok. 10am CST? Because i got in yesterday at 10 am cst and i first signed on before that this morning. Must have just been a second wave of people.

I haven't had any problems with lag, did have some logging in initially but it was right when it opened on friday. Client has worked fine for me. I don't know what to say, I hate to say the people who are having problems have done something wrong, I just don't understand it. I don't participate in every MMO beta, but I will say that the game that WoW ran the stress test on was actually months old, and the version they released was pretty dramatically different. Also, I started playing WoW the first hour of thefirst day it was launched, and I think SWTOR is in comparable condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Some is fanboyish, some is not. Don't lump all people impressed with the game into that silly category.
    Also, 300mil is a huge lie. It's just over 100mill. I think "thousands" is an exaggeration. And come on with the month long creation FtP comparison. And I just don't agree that those other games were more polished/less flawed, excluding Rift. That was a nice beta.
    I've read a few interviews from Bioware that said the budget was upwards of 450 million, but that they are only spending 300 by the time the game will be fully developed. the leftovers is for marketing, technical issues, future immediate content.

Of course i cant find that interview now, but it is mentioned on other sites. http://gameolosophy.com/games/action/star-wars-the-old-republic-swtor-release-date-announced/

A
    lso, i wasnt lumping everyone into the fanboy category.

---------- Post added 2011-11-26 at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    Every North American Server is full and has a que. True Story.
    Not true, they sent us out emails this past weekend saying that while all servers will show the status as full, only the ones with queue times on the side (hard to describe unless youve seen the server list), are actually full. I just logged onto it, and none of the weekly tester servers are actually full, and only 6 of the weekend testing servers have queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, your never read that from Bioware. A known liar named EALouse started saying 300 million after *getting fired from EA. Never happened, the guy was priced a fake, and the only interview to state the cost was a while back and was about 90,000. It's gone up since then of course, but it is not even I'm the ballpark of what you're talking about.

And that link has no source, so you can guess pretty accurately that they went off the EALouse hearsay stuff.

Here you go: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=21566
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-26 at 09:13 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    1) I've had no lag

2) It's a stress test weekend, they are trying to get lag to, imagine this...test how much stress their servers can handle
    The thread could have stopped after this post. Do you think they gave EVERYONE a beta key because they needed more people to tell them the same thing?

I think servers are doing great so far, played all day and only had 2 major lag spikes for about 10 seconds in total. Getting back in the beta might be a pain though...logged out to watch 1 M.DHouse episode xP

Quote Originally Posted by wutadubmasre View Post
    More reports of there being major lag, than not.

I believe the majority.
    Proof? I am seeing less reports of major lag and when it is reported they are by people on both forums that have joined in the last month or two (on both forums) than actual reports. Sorry, but down play the game all you want (for whatever reason), but all in all the game is quite solid for being in BETA and about to launch.

No, your never read that from Bioware. A known liar named EALouse started saying 300 million after *getting fired from EA. Never happened, the guy was priced a fake, and the only interview to state the cost was a while back and was about 90,000. It's gone up since then of course, but it is not even I'm the ballpark of what you're talking about.

And that link has no source, so you can guess pretty accurately that they went off the EALouse hearsay stuff.

Here you go: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=21566
    Hmm, interesting. I withdraw my post on that matter then. I'm not sure who the EALouse person is you referenced, but its obvious i got some bad information somewhere about the development costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a bit just now, and even though I only played for half an hour, I could tell this game was not for me. I already played the mass effects several times, so the dialogue system at this point is just a pain to have to use AGAIN. The game feels just so clunky. Not laggy, just very unsmooth.

I pumped the graphics as high as it would allow me and they still looked worse than WoW. The combat was fast (maybe only because I was playing as a Trooper, a ranged rogueish class), but it had no thought. You just spammed one button every GCD (no cooldown, pretty much the auto attack of the class, yet you need to hit the button to use it), and you never had to worry about your health because you get an entire self heal and energy regeneration you can use after combat, with no cooldown.

I'll just keep waiting until Guild Wars 2, I guess. I already knew that a part of me really believed ToR was going to fall on its face.
    Last edited by Sentinel; 2011-11-26 at 09:29 PM.

Played for about 3 hours this morning and encounter a little bit of server lag at once instance but other than that 100% smooth sailing. No ability lag, no conversation lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    Hmm, interesting. I withdraw my post on that matter then. I'm not sure who the EALouse person is you referenced, but its obvious i got some bad information somewhere about the development costs.
    Yeah, it was a huge deal a while back. A lot of people heard that, and stuck to it thinking it true. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Altho I have 40ms ingame, the abilities feel laggy as hell, like shooting that stun-bomb thing 2 seconds after I press the button on my trooper.
    Also, as soon as I get more than 2 players on my screen my fps drops. (Altho I need a new cpu BADLY)
    Game would be lovely if they fix a couple of things and not launch it the same way the warhammer mmo launched.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

I'm running super clean. Been playing since yesterday at 10 CST.

75ms to the server from Michigan.

450 GT OC
    i5 quad
    6 gigs of ram

a little bit of draw in in high pop areas, but nothing that's affected gameplay. About to hit level 18.
    Last edited by Herrenos; 2011-11-26 at 09:32 PM.

Yeah, it was a huge deal a while back. A lot of people heard that, and stuck to it thinking it true. =)
    Weird, im not usually the type of person to fall into a (queue ackbar) trap like that. Ah well, cant win them all!

15+ Year Old Account
    Have had minimal lag when I played today, and no disconnects at all. Getting my ass kicked on the bounty hunter, but otherwise fun time playing it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe people are complaining about lag during a beta test that is about testing lag...

Oh wait, this is the internet. Of course I can believe it.

Deleted
    any1 know which time on sunday the beta weekend will end ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I can't believe people are complaining about lag during a beta test that is about testing lag...

Oh wait, this is the internet. Of course I can believe it.
    It's a stress test. It's tolerating load from the influx of players. You're re-defining the term a bit too narrowly. Lag is an indicator of the server's capability. It's not "what's being tested".

This doesn't explain why people are consistently experiencing very low ping and very high ping on the same server. If it were uniformly laggy (i.e. everyone is lagging) then yes it would be be because the server is straining as it upkeeps connections. Or if there were occasional lag spikes as the server is taking the load, the yes. That's the effect of a test.

But some people's games are laggy the whole time while others have perfectly lag free games, it means there's a fundamental problem with the game itself and people might face it on launch.

And as a side note: People's complaints about beta may seem ridiculous, but consider that this is the build bioware was considering just patching up and shipping for release. It should reflect the game's about as well as a "prerelease" build should. If fundament errors still exist, then it's worth noting. By now, it should only be minor glitches that are carried over from previous testing. People are going to be on live in as early as 18 days guys.

Black Screen

How did you reset your video settings after you got the black screen? Right when I got in the game today I switched my refresh rate too high and now I can't see the game to change it! Please help!