15+ Year Old Account

Lip Piercing - Retainer?

Yo,

So basically, I will be doing some work where it's not acceptable to have any piercings, tattoos, etc. I have a pierced lip and I have been wearing my thick and long labret that was used when I first had my lip pierced five~ months ago.

Anyway, I think the thing I am looking for is called a 'lip retainer'? I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on specifics, a website (UK) or anything about it or on obtaining one.

Thanks!

I was in the same situation, so I bought http://www.barbarella.se/Public/Stor...12084&from=430
    The problem is that even if you take 1.6mm and the longest one, they're really fragile and as soon as you open your mouth or you smile too much, they'll just jump out of position and you'll end up swallowing them :/ I gave up after some months and I'm sadly not using any of my lip piercings anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long does it take for a lip piercing to heal? After 5 months my septum was good to be left out during the day if necessary--although I suppose I can't say the same for my eyebrow, when I had it. That closed right up, even after a few months.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've heard six months from various sources. I had mine checked at a tattoo parlour today and the dude said mine had healed.

I found the Crazy Factory earlier (Google ads) and I was shocked at how cheap a lot of stuff was. The P&P may be crazy though, will find out soon.

Deleted
    P&P = postage and packing?

According to the website, the delivery charge is 5€ (~£4) no matter how many items you order.
    So I suppose the total will be: x amount of piercings + £4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a lip ring for about a year or so 6 years ago, I can still get my ring in there. for what its worth ofc

Just get a clear lip piercing for work. Thats what i do

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is your lip piercing still healing ? I've had mine pierced for several years but I can take it out for a day or longer and put it back in with no worries. Usually lip piercings take around 6 months to fully heal, if you take good care of it then its probably even less. I dont think you'll need a retainer for lip piercings.

If it's healed you don't NEED a retainer like others have said. Just take it out before work and put it back in later? Unless it's a situation where you'll have it out for days at a time. If postage is a problem, go to either where you got it done or another studio and ask them - a good amount will special order things for you and not charge because they get it with their regular shipments, I've done it more than a few times.

Avg. min healing time for a labret is 6 to 8 weeks I believe. You didn't specify which piercing, but said you had labret jewelery so I assumed.
    Last edited by evoco; 2011-11-27 at 02:31 AM.