10+ Year Old Account

Would you rather (elements of time)

Would you rather be able to see ahead 30 minutes of your current time, therefore being able to alter a small piece of the future?

Or would you rather be able to stop time (for yourself only) for an hour or jump ahead one hour (once again yourself only) once each day?

Personally I see clairvoyance a little more useful and even profitable but how often do you find yourself needing extra time for things?

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have too many clarifying questions I would have to ask before I could answer the question.

Deleted
    Stop the time... That'd be really awesome!!

Time stopping sounds pretty nifty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    I have too many clarifying questions I would have to ask before I could answer the question.
    Ask away, to be honest though this was just a thought I had while at work.

See 30 minutes into the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm. 30min isn't much. I would have to go with Stop Time.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

If you could see 30 minutes in the future, you could win the lottery.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If you could see 30 minutes in the future, you could win the lottery.
    I was more thinking placing bets, but gambling in general would still be very lucrative. It would only be a matter of time before someone caught on to you and thought you were cheating, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    I was more thinking placing bets, but gambling in general would still be very lucrative. It would only be a matter of time before someone caught on to you and thought you were cheating, however.
    Meh, all you need is one big payout. The lottery can go up to tens of millions of dollars sometimes, just get "lucky" one time and you're set for life.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Or you could just stop time for one hour right when a vault at a bank opens and strike it rich as much, and as long as you want. You don't need to see the future to get rich!

On the downside, you'd age even if nothing around you is. Use it too much, and you could die young/look old as fuh.

I'd still go with time stop. Too many useful things to go with it. Altering anything slightly could change the future quickly, and dramatically.
    || Ducivo ||

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go with the 30 minutes and dodge bullets.

Deleted
    stop time for sure!!! IMAGINE the possibility's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vat View Post
    stop time for sure!!! IMAGINE the possibility's
    Well you could go to war with nothing but a sword and then use time stop while cutting all the enemies and then making sure you're behind them but in a way that makes it look like you moved forward while cutting them all down instantly. Downside would be only having one charge a day so if you get in another battle you're screwed.

if by seeing 30min we can see 'what if' scenarios, like knowing how someone would react to something we are about to say/do, then sure as hell that!, if it's just old boring seeing a linear future of how you will be like and that's it, I'm sure as hell going with stop time

Premonition would be a terrible curse. There are a lot of things you would foresee, but still have no power to change! People would think you were either a nut, or culpable in some way.

Squeaking out an extra hour a day sounds fun. I'd probably use it to catch up on sleep.

See ahead in time 30 minutes. Buy lottery ticket 30 minutes before draw, profit. Also really useful before flashing my bios to see if it bricks my comp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Stop the time... That'd be really awesome!!
    if you stop time you would suffocate... the air would be as hard as steel since no time = it not flowing around your body.
    any money gold etc...would be glue'd to the ground, unmoveable.

jumping ahead 1 hour has potential, but in the end that is just wasted time, unless your body does your job while your mind jumps ahead.

seeing ahead 30 minutes has HIGH potential, would make so much money with the stock market it would be silly, of course you would be repeatedly investigated for insider trading, of which there would be no proof. would still be inconvenient.

yeah, i think i would choose "look ahead 30 minutes"

but you said only once a day? ehh still clairvoyance would win.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I controll it, seeing into the future that is. Or is it just something that happens at random.
    If I could controll it I think I would go with seeing into the future, even if 30mins is kinda short.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    if you stop time you would suffocate... the air would be as hard as steel since no time = it not flowing around your body.
    any money gold etc...would be glue'd to the ground, unmoveable.
    This is kind of getting at the questions I was referring to earlier.

If I stopped time, would things be movable? "Physics" supposedly says that nothing would be movable, so if nothing was movable then stopping time wouldn't be very good.

I have a problem with -any- seeing into the future, since my own personal "Time Travel" beliefs is any traveling to the future (or seeing into the future) is a one way trip. I don't think you can "change the past" at all, so those lottery numbers you saw in the future are not necessarily going to come up again. Everything little thing can change the future.

I don't understand the "jump ahead" one hour. Is that a combo with the freezing time. In other words, you freeze time for an hour and when that hour is up, you are suddenly an hour in the future?

Meh, I have a problem with time travel at all. A lot of people think that it is a fun thing to think about. I find it tedious because it's impossible.