[Music] Best and Longest Love song, ever told

Man this is a powerful song. It doesn't have a video but it's from many years ago when music video's didn't exist.

Jefferson Starship - Miracles, long version. How many ways can you actually say you love someone?

Can someone actually beat this video ...

Can someone produce a video longer than this one that conveys nothing but affection? Is this video the king of love songs?

Not longer, but makes me cry every time; of course, i'm referring to Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    BAM! 69 love songs.
    I was asking for the longest love sone, although your 69 love songs would be longest, if they were connected into one big ballad

Although it is surely a good list, Miracles stands at #1 still
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-12-05 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this isn't the longest, this is to me the best love song there is.

My reasoning for it is because it's not your typical "I need you"-kind of love song, it touches more on the perspective of love where you're safe in a relationship and all you care and wish for is your partner. It's a fun and cute love song which just fills your heart with this cozy and warm feeling, making you wish you were there.

Also, what qualifies as a long song according to you?

To me, this is also one of the most beautiful love songs ever;

Though this one is also not very.. obvious. It's a story about love, but some might not classify that as a "love song". It's tricky.
    Last edited by Kheirn; 2011-12-05 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meat Loaf - I Would do Anything For Love (But I wont Do That)

I still dont know what he wouldnt do, but still :P

still an epic song!
    Last edited by Orby; 2011-12-05 at 06:06 PM.

Perceived ambiguity of "that"

Some people misunderstand the lyrics, claiming that the singer never identifies what "that" thing is, which he will not do. Meat Loaf says that the question, "What is 'that'?" is one of the most popular questions he is asked.[6]

Each verse mentions two things that he would do for love, followed by one thing that he will not do. The title phrase repetition reasserts that he "won't do that". Each mention of "that" is a reference to the particular promise that he made earlier in the same verse.[7] In addition, at the song's conclusion, the female vocalist predicts two other things that he will do: "You'll see that it's time to move on" and "You'll be screwing around". To both of these, he emphatically responds, "I won't do that!"

In his 1998 VH1 Storytellers special, he even explained it on stage using a blackboard and a pointing stick.[7] In a 1993 promotional interview, Steinman states that the definition of "that" is fully revealed in the song in each of the several verses in which it is mentioned.

It sort of is a little puzzle and I guess it goes by - but they're all great things. 'I won't stop doing beautiful things and I won't do bad things.' It's very noble. I'm very proud of that song because it's very much like out of the world of Excalibur. To me, it's like Sir Lancelot or something - very noble and chivalrous. That's my favorite song on the record - it's very ambitious.[8][9]

Although Meat Loaf believed that the lyrics were unambiguous, the singer recalls that Steinman predicted that they would cause confusion.[10] An early episode of the VH1 program Pop-up Video made this claim at the end of the song's video: "Exactly what Meat Loaf won't do for love remains a mystery to this day."[11] A reviewer writing for Allmusic commented that "The lyrics build suspense by portraying a romance-consumed lover who pledges to do anything in the name of love except 'that,' a mysterious thing that he will not specify."[4] The reviewer concludes that the mystery is revealed during the closing stages of the song, incorrectly implying that all references of "that" refer to the female vocalist's predictions at the end. Others assume that "that" is a reference to euthanasia or anal sex. In a DVD audio commentary, Meat Loaf indicated that the latter of these could be what "that" refers to.[6] Scholar Anne Bader interprets this as providing "an enlightening example of how listeners project their own thoughts, values, and concerns onto the meaning of the song with misconstrued lyrics."[2]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Perceived ambiguity of "that"

Some people misunderstand the lyrics, claiming that the singer never identifies what "that" thing is, which he will not do. Meat Loaf says that the question, "What is 'that'?" is one of the most popular questions he is asked.[6]

Each verse mentions two things that he would do for love, followed by one thing that he will not do. The title phrase repetition reasserts that he "won't do that". Each mention of "that" is a reference to the particular promise that he made earlier in the same verse.[7] In addition, at the song's conclusion, the female vocalist predicts two other things that he will do: "You'll see that it's time to move on" and "You'll be screwing around". To both of these, he emphatically responds, "I won't do that!"

In his 1998 VH1 Storytellers special, he even explained it on stage using a blackboard and a pointing stick.[7] In a 1993 promotional interview, Steinman states that the definition of "that" is fully revealed in the song in each of the several verses in which it is mentioned.

It sort of is a little puzzle and I guess it goes by - but they're all great things. 'I won't stop doing beautiful things and I won't do bad things.' It's very noble. I'm very proud of that song because it's very much like out of the world of Excalibur. To me, it's like Sir Lancelot or something - very noble and chivalrous. That's my favorite song on the record - it's very ambitious.[8][9]

Although Meat Loaf believed that the lyrics were unambiguous, the singer recalls that Steinman predicted that they would cause confusion.[10] An early episode of the VH1 program Pop-up Video made this claim at the end of the song's video: "Exactly what Meat Loaf won't do for love remains a mystery to this day."[11] A reviewer writing for Allmusic commented that "The lyrics build suspense by portraying a romance-consumed lover who pledges to do anything in the name of love except 'that,' a mysterious thing that he will not specify."[4] The reviewer concludes that the mystery is revealed during the closing stages of the song, incorrectly implying that all references of "that" refer to the female vocalist's predictions at the end. Others assume that "that" is a reference to euthanasia or anal sex. In a DVD audio commentary, Meat Loaf indicated that the latter of these could be what "that" refers to.[6] Scholar Anne Bader interprets this as providing "an enlightening example of how listeners project their own thoughts, values, and concerns onto the meaning of the song with misconstrued lyrics."[2]
    well you sure shut me up lol

Just wanted to give you a history lesson on "that".

Deleted
    a favourite of mine:

its fairly long too :P

live is better than studio, so I posted that

<3 tim buckley, such a voice.

Deleted

No?

I know quite a few love songs but only one of them actually tugged at my heartstrings was You Never Know by Immortal Technique. Another one that I quite like was The Dress by Blonde Redhead which is a love song yet isn't (it revolves around the female singer being hospitalized after an incident with her horse). Did I mention Desert Rose by Eric Johnson? Tell Me Tell Me by Budgie?
    Last edited by mmocedd0d67e0c; 2011-12-06 at 07:18 PM.