Thread: Glue traps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Okay Fargus, take it a little easy with the frustration. I think we all get that you feel sympathy for a living creature in unnecessary pain. But you need to realize others are very likely going to disagree with you on this particular issue, and you can't be curt with them all.

No worries Dacien. I will be biting my tongue here. If they disagree with me, that's fine... but I'd like to hear such an argument as to why it's "PETA-ish" or why such a thing angers them. I'll debate that point.

these are the ones that we use at home when we need to. they're live traps. catch em, take them somewhere far away, tell them if they come back you will do it all over again.

I used to have both mice and rats as pets, so personally I don't like smooshing them. And yeah, the glue traps might be cheap but...if there were something out there much larger than me that felt the need to kill me I would hope they would crush me with something large and heavy as opposed to gluing me to a piece of paper and just leaving me...and besides that for those of you that haven't seen a rodent chewing a body part off, or a body part of another rodent off - it is not pretty. /shiver does not like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouni View Post
    The fuck is it with all these PETA fags on this forum. It's a fucking rat.

All mice and rats have done is cause disease and death in humanity and you care so much about them? Fuck sake get your priorities right.

Infracted: You can convey your points without insults
    Big difference between killing an animal and torturing it. My family raised a cow for beef, we treated it right up until it was time to call the butcher. Hunters will tell you too, a real sportsman will go for a clean kill, or failing that initially will track a wounded animal and put it out of its misery.

Cats work great as anti mouse guards.

The smell of a cat alone will ward off most mice - it's only the most brave that dare venture into its realm. But some people are allergic to cats.

Hairless cats then.

I am personally a huge fan of using cats to ward off pests. It works like a charm (unless it's a full blown infestation) and cats really dig being able to use their innate hunting skills on more than just a toy. Win-win.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    I have more sympathy for the mice in this situation than for you. Your attitude is childish and borderline-psychopathic...
    How can you have these two sentences one after another? I never understood the animal loving types who instantly flip and say "I'd kill you for saying you'd kick a dog." Like... what?

They are mice. Kill them. Food chain. Nature. Cry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    How can you have these two sentences one after another? I never understood the animal loving types who instantly flip and say "I'd kill you for saying you'd kick a dog." Like... what?

^_^

So if I'm stronger than you, it's okay for me to kill and eat you!?

Sweet.

But no I do eat meat, and in my mind animal/you same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glue traps are one of the most inhumane torture devices ever invented. Only because most people don't care how their unwanted creatures suffer, is why those horrible things are still on the market today. I will only use snap traps or live capture traps on my mice and vole problems. I will not cause intentional pain to any creature I am trying to get rid of.

Oh! My picture is even of a rat. That's Kenshin and he was one of the best pets I've ever had. I love rats and mice.
    Last edited by Susinko; 2011-11-30 at 04:09 PM.
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

This is why I just hunt them down and eat their heads myself.

It's fun, natural and a good source of protein/possible stomach illness.

^_^

So if I'm stronger than you, it's okay for me to kill and eat you!?

Sweet.

But no I do eat meat, and in my mind animal/you same thing.
    You ever watch Futurama? Remember that episode with poplars?

You're the stupid group of hippies from that episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 mousetraps at home. They're called cats.
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

No worries Dacien. I will be biting my tongue here. If they disagree with me, that's fine... but I'd like to hear such an argument as to why it's "PETA-ish" or why such a thing angers them. I'll debate that point.

OH it's because mice have no use therefore their lives mean nothing therefore if you care you must be in PETA. ( makes you wonder how some would treat other useless living things) Some people I think are also missing the fact that you are talking about an animal stuck on a slab of glue you have to personally kill, or it gnaws it's own body parts off and hobbles away, which either then dies in your walls or you have to capture and kill.
    I can't really see why there is an argument. IF you WANT to manually kill something rendered unable to flee, ya need to go see a shrink. ( WANT to is not HAVE to) If you want it dealt with cleaner, you either use a trap that one shots them or you live catch them and evict them. It's really easy shit here.

Edit: I mean like one of the other folks was pointing out about his mom having to take glue trapped mice out and kill them with a brick to the head.. I mean really? You people want the imagery of your MOM or wife having to take a freaking rodent out back and bash it's brains in? Come on now.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-11-30 at 04:19 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    This is why I just hunt them down and eat their heads myself.

It's fun, natural and a good source of protein/possible stomach illness.

You ever watch Futurama? Remember that episode with poplars?

You're the stupid group of hippies from that episode.
    But I love eating meat. If we were in a plane crash, and to live I had to eat you, I would.

I just think people should kill animals humanely if they're going to.

Lol. You either misunderstood my post, or didn't put much thought in to yours.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2011-11-30 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonned View Post
    Being dead isn't so bad... I mean you get free land, room and board. There isn't any pay but then again you don't really need it.
    Please cite empirical data.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 11:38 AM ----------

Yeah but you can't watch movies, eat ice cream and have sex. Life ftw.
    Last edited by Roasty; 2011-11-30 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roasty View Post
    Is him stating: Being dead isn't so bad... I mean you get free land, room and board. There isn't any pay but then again you don't really need it, not an observation?
    ?
    Edit: unless you are saying his hypotheses is not testable with observation, which I would find curious because i'm pretty sure nobody is paying the dead to be dead.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-11-30 at 04:57 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post

And not having sympathy for someone evil is the same as saying I'll kill someone?

Well, four pages down the road and people are name-calling and debating whether being dead is good or not. I'm closing this.