Wink The big fortress north of Freemarch

Hey, I bet all of you have noticed the big fortress/citadel between freemarch and silverwood, that has been rumoured to hold regulos in a future raid (correct me if I'm wrong..) Now, today as I was doing my yule daily in freemarch, I saw loads of smoke rising up in the horizon, in that direction. So I headed over, and found this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyone know what the eff is going on?! Even tho I'm super casual, and only done gsb/dh/gp, this really caught my interest Please don't tell me that it has been like this since launch, there is no way I wouldn't have noticed

Deleted
    (Excuse spelling, i havent played in ages)

Read the quests :P its Port scion, i think the name is if i recall, it was a sanctuary city, where peace was held with both factions, before Alasbeth turned on them both and opened up Remulos' heart and it was ruined and war erupted as Alasbeth was guardian etc.. etc..

If i recall ^^

Hmm, still haven't seen the smoke and death tentacles before tho.. Port Scion as in the warfront?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is the Warfront Port Scion

I am amazed at the fact that I haven't noticed the smoke and stuff before. I know it wasn't there at launch, anyone know when it came up? :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It could be a precursor for something that is coming, I love these types of things. There was something just like this in World of Warcraft, added with Cataclysm, and each major patch since then, more stuff has been added, here's my footage of it:

The Whispering Forest

*Neat music is at about 10 minutes in, and when stuff gets really odd and weird.*

Maybe Trion is trying to do something like that with Port Scion?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Maybe Trion is trying to do something like that with Port Scion?
    its a pvpve bg already though.

This place has been there since launch even the tentacles. Im pretty sure the smoke was there also.

---------- Post added 2011-11-28 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    its a pvpve bg already though.
    Port scion the zone will be introduced in an upcoming content patch "Soon" after launch. I will try and find the podcast where the dev talks about it.
    Edit: Here it is http://www.riftpodcast.com/podcast/2...p-in-rift.html
    Direct quote from the podcast "[11:42] Is Port Scion going to be ready for release?
    The Battle for Port Scion (Warfront) will be available at release.
    The open world Port Scion will be a post-launch feature."
    Last edited by Rajadog20; 2011-11-28 at 03:01 AM.

yea that was ages ago though. they changed quite a few things from what was stated in rift podcast era.

they could very well make PS a zone still. wouldn't put it pass trion at all. just seems strange that it will be a pve zone any time soon. esp. with planetouched wilds coming sometime next year.

I envisage some sort of cleansing of Port Scion will occur via a World Event and as a result it will be returned to its 'sanctuary' state, which I assume means faction neutral.

I can see this as being part of a multi-faction push to open a stable rift into one of the planes allowing players to travel there and battle the dragons on their home turf so to speak.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I envisage some sort of cleansing of Port Scion will occur via a World Event and as a result it will be returned to its 'sanctuary' state, which I assume means faction neutral.

I can see this as being part of a multi-faction push to open a stable rift into one of the planes allowing players to travel there and battle the dragons on their home turf so to speak.
    I'm sold, when is this all going to go down?! :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'm sold, when is this all going to go down?! :P
    I dunno but I really hope they do it like the Ahn'Qiraj World Event in WoW with some sort of faction/server competition, that sounded awesome and I've always been annoyed I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    Hey, I bet all of you have noticed the big fortress/citadel between freemarch and silverwood, that has been rumoured to hold regulos in a future raid (correct me if I'm wrong..) Now, today as I was doing my yule daily in freemarch, I saw loads of smoke rising up in the horizon, in that direction. So I headed over, and found this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyone know what the eff is going on?! Even tho I'm super casual, and only done gsb/dh/gp, this really caught my interest Please don't tell me that it has been like this since launch, there is no way I wouldn't have noticed
    Regulos has been banished from Telara, we won't be fighting him unless we travel to the planes or someone manages to bring him back from the Plane of Death.