Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    The year long plan was a scheme and downright dirty of Blizzard.
    How is giving freebies to people considered dirty? If you locked in a year knowing you'd change your mind, that's on you, not Blizzard. If you don't have enough foresight to think something through, you probably deserve to have money taken from you.
    Last edited by Harmzuay; 2011-11-28 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's honestly an equivalent deal, 12 months of WoW or buy the Old Republic, they pretty much come out to the same price. Of course, then you add in the potential of 12 months paying in SW.

Here's the thing, you will be very hard pressed to persuade people to drop a game that has a proven track record of sustainability for a game that isn't out and (let's be frank) is disappointing people more now that the public is playing it in beta than it is convincing people that it is the game to invest in.

Like every MMO since WoW became a hit, SW has such a huge uphill battle to fight - the only things it has going for it is gamers having some established history with Bioware being a Quality producer (arguably this fell to the wayside when EA bought them but not discussing it here) and SW being a big IP. The game itself is standard MMO fare with the typical Bioware RPG interface established in KOTOR and Mass Effect. Graphically, they did not take any chances and you might even say that it is slightly inferior to WoW since the game is constrained to very linear pathways in many areas. Then again that is the nature of SW too.

The fact that it *is* Bioware and SW is pretty much what you have to bet on. If your friends don't really care for either or both of them then you are fighting a losing battle. If you actually enjoy SW (nothing wrong with that) then you can enjoy it without them if that is what you have to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

just choose 6 month payage and getting tor is no bigge

I think most people that start playing Swtor are gonna atleast stay untill max lvl, the lvling experience I've had so far (lvl 12 -.-) is awesome, however, I dunno how it is at endgame, playing the game by doing story stuff the whole way up to max lvl and then the game just changes drasticly? ie, no more quests, just raids/dailyes/pvp, dunno how fun that's gonna be compared to the lvling.
    Last edited by jonte912; 2011-11-28 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    They all took the bait and wanted diablo 3 so they signed up for 12 months of WoW but now they are all weary to try SWTOR. Unfortunately they were unable to participate in the beta so they have no way of demoing the game and basically no one wants to pay 2 sub fees. What do I tell them to convince them to get this awesome game?!?! Bioware 10 day trial PLS!
    Tell them how great the game is a few months after release if you can. Frankly after seeing the last half dozen releases I will not trust any developer. Promises of "X will be fixed" or "Y will be in game soon after release" usually turn out to be lies or are done so far down the road as to not matter.

Three warzones and iffy end game content don't sell me on the longevity of the game except for haters of other games. Its enough to have me blow 60 on for a month of entertainment but I see no reason why one persons choice of game play should matter to you. If they aren't coming then perhaps they truly don't like the genre, its far better than the other possible truth, they don't like to game with you and could care less.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

if Bioware if one BIT serious about swtor and really want to make it work you can count on it there will be a 10day trial at least in the first 3 months of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    if Bioware if one BIT serious about swtor and really want to make it work you can count on it there will be a 10day trial at least in the first 3 months of the game.
    Bioware is completely unable to determine the price for subscriptions, they are not Blizzard with a pre-partnership established pricepoint. EA ultimately determines what the monthly fees (if any and for how long) players are expected to pay for SW. They could easily switch it to a real-money system where items cost you swipes of your credit card. Bioware wouldn't be able to say "boo" about it. This is unfortunently where a lot of the Dragon Age franchises' hiccups come into play.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Not really, when you add D3 CE to your account AND you have signed up for annual pass, you get 3 or 4 months play time for wow for free added to your account.
    No... you don't. Or maybe I'm missing something here. You get free Diablo yes, you get a pet and a mount in WoW, but not free time in WoW.