Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If I could change one thing it would be, let all classes start on same world!

If all want to play Jedi (warrior or consular) its okay, but if one or more want to play trooper/smuggler, well your stuck going alone for nearly ten levels.

Very odd decision there.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    If all want to play Jedi (warrior or consular) its okay, but if one or more want to play trooper/smuggler, well your stuck going alone for nearly ten levels.

Very odd decision there.
    totally agree. for the first 10 levels, it just seems like a single player rpg...

No!

Its just that everyone is rolling Jedi's, anyway when I leveled my smugg there was plenty of troppers arround.

The most crowded area in any online game at launch is the starting areas. By splitting it in 2 they are making sure you can actualy get a quest done.

The first 10 levels really focus on your class quests. But even so, I grouped up a few times with other players for the heroic quests.

I did all the heroic quests on Hutta without any trouble finding a group at all so I don't really see the problem with population here.

I loved that there is different planets. Makes it feel much more diverse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    I loved that there is different planets. Makes it feel much more diverse.
    Yeah, exactly. In addition, I tried out numerous classes and never had problems finding other players for group quests. When in doubt, ask in general chat politely and someone should come along to help.

Deleted

Very odd decision there.
    Doesn't really make sense considering this is how it is in WoW but for the Races.

Very odd decision there.
    One word... Story (or Lore if you prefer that).

I can relate to the situation being impractical; the wife and I need to both be with or both be the other two. For me, it's not as big a deal; me second 50 in Rift was a few hours past he first (played one exclusively with the wife and solo'd the other), so that's likely happening again. But if you're a group of 3, 4, 5... It's not going to work as well.

My first thought was 'friend summoning', which goes back to the one word... With can't do their storyline elsewhere, and while not everyone cares, it is a big part of this game.

-Alamar

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it. It's great for the story, and immersion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do realise that up to now, many testers are not playing the class they actually intend to. When launch comes, I'm sure there will be a higher number of the non-jedi classes around.

I'm glad it is the way it is. it would be a lot more repetitive if everyone started the same and it would be even more crowded. it's fine the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    I did all the heroic quests on Hutta without any trouble finding a group at all so I don't really see the problem with population here.
    Agreed, though I can see it causing some problems a few months down the road when people are focusing on endgame rather than leveling. Though it's really no different than WoW in that regard, plus you can have higher leveled guild members or friends fly out to help you if absolutely necessary.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Getting off the origin worlds really doesn't take that long.
    I ran a test with a SW last beta weekend to see how fast I could do it. I got off Korriban at level 9 and it took me 6-7 hours.
    Didn't do any sidequests, but if you're desperate to get off-planet it will not take too long.
    Strange, I did every starting area for every class in this beta weekend - it took me less time. The last one I did (Bounty Hunter) took me 4 hours to get to Imperial fleet. I did ALL the side quests I have found and I was looking for them. Also I didn't skip cut scenes that much, I pressed space only after reading subtitles.

Maybe you've spent too much time enjoying the scenery?

Deleted
    I think it is a good decision. First 10 levels lets you focus more on your character and on the story. I personally prefer this to killing 10 boars\kobolts with everyone in the same area.

so far ive got a smug, JC, and SW to 10. along with my AI that i got so caught up in to got to 26 before i realized it.

while the class only areas are cool from a story point, if you are playing with someone else it will seriously screw you up.

im trying to think of a way to pitch this to my guild mates, and i keep coming to the question of leveling. you basically only group up for the flashpoints when you are between planets. anytime you are on a planet you cant group up without messing people up. E.G an AI and SW level together(post Hutt/Korri), they get to Mar Shadaa, the class quests send them to different points at different times meaning the entire flow of questing is completely different for each class.

to fix this they could make the class quests only available after doing the last quest in a particular area. I.E. you do the 6 quests for the northern command post, you get your class quest part 1. after you do class quest part 1 you get the bread crumb to go to the southern command post, where after the 8 quests you get class quest part 2.

i like them keeping the force and non-force separate for the first planet. but its still kind of feeling like a single player game where you group up sometimes. meaning that if you try to group up, it will be harder on you then doing it by yourself.

however im still not done with this weekend, and its been very fun so far. also mind you my opinion may be tainted by surging ahead in lvls on my AI and getting to planets like Mar Sharaa and Tatooine when the /who is 2 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    No!

Its just that everyone is rolling Jedi's, anyway when I leveled my smugg there was plenty of troppers arround.
    You misunderstand the issue, there are people coming in here as groups, former guilds from other games, and they cannot play the early levels together if they are not the same archetype; melee or ranged.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I don't find it to be too big of an issue personally. I love playing with my friends end game, but I like to go at my own speed while leveling, which tends to be faster than a lot of my guild mates.

I'd rather get to 10 and group up for Flash Points than I would being frustrated with my friends because they are taking too long to respond with, "Tell me more..."