Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Deleted
    I'm totally against it.

No sense lorewise and i would hate it personally as i consider BE one of the worst wow's race ( second only to trolls ).

Honestly, considering the lore, blood elf druids should probably have been included in TBC rather than priests. High elf druids were a pretty important part of high elf society, though they seemed to use arcane nature magic rather than divine (which would make them a sub-class of mages rather than priests). True, the druids probably couldn't be part of the moonglade, but making every single druid a member of a neutral organization is a big stretch. Having some precedence of other groups would not be a bad idea.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Deleted
    What you see in the Botanica aren't druids, they're botanists but Blizzard rightfully couldn't be arsed (would have been a waste of time) to make new 'nature type' spells, so used the druid ones for the NPCs.

of course they exist, but do they exist in large enough numbers to justify a PLAYABLE class?
    all lore says that even in High/Blood Elf culture they always were pretty few and far between.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    of course they exist, but do they exist in large enough numbers to justify a PLAYABLE class?
    all lore says that even in High/Blood Elf culture they always were pretty few and far between.
    Most of that lore comes from the RPG (whose characterization of elves can get a little silly *cough* blood elves are a small group of nomadic terrorists who drew magic from demons even before meeting Illidan *cough*), IIRC. Outside of it, the only real mentions of elven druids are in the warcraft II manual where the druids built the runestones, which were pretty much the foundation of high elf society (allowing them to practice safe magic). However, both in warcraft III and World of Warcraft, we see that the high elves have or used to have pretty strong natural magic, which could probably be attributed to their druids. In-game, you mostly see it through the various treants wandering all over Quel'thalas.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    What you see in the Botanica aren't druids, they're botanists but Blizzard rightfully couldn't be arsed (would have been a waste of time) to make new 'nature type' spells, so used the druid ones for the NPCs.
    Seems a cheap deflection -- I can't find any immediately forthcoming information that says "botanist" means anything in WoW that it doesn't mean in the real world. It's not like a "Botanist" is a nature magic using class distinct from a druid. The guy turns into a tree; he's a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
    Blood Elf Druids being made playable is the only thing that would make me buy MoP.
    No...uh...ya definatly noooooo.

Deleted
    I think the 2 main reason why they cant be druids atm, 1 horde have sooo many blood elfs already + they would prbly feel the need to give alliance another druid race then and I have a hard time see any other alliance races be playable druids. Anyway would totally roll a blood elf druid if I could xD

10+ Year Old Account
    They've bullshitted in far more eyebrow-raising class/race combos. BE druids wouldn't really be lore-breaking as it is; hell, if "the Forsaken taught us how to do it" is enough for orc mages, then anything goes.

Hell, there's a group that fits them like a glove (Farstriders), in-game examples of them (the botanist who pulls a M'uru with nature), out-of-verse references to them in one of the manuals...

Plus, their forms would be awesome. Dragonhawk flight form, lynx cat form, treant "moonkin" form... I'm not so sure about the bear though.

I was glancing around Petopia, I think the unused Blue Bear model has a bit of an arcane-touched look to it, which would seem a reasonable pick for Blood Elf druids; arcane magic pretty much suffuses their entire society, even the Farstriders can't ignore it completely, arcane torrent racial, etc. Failing that, the bears in the game that are geographically closest to Quel'thalas are black bears (WPL).

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be implemented together with Undead Paladins and Tauren Mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Butterfly flight form ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if the flight form is Dragonhawks but seriously, no thanks :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Butterfly flight form ?
    Yeah, that'll be a Blood Elf Male exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

would prefer panda druids

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone did a fanart bobcat druid form for troll form speculation back in the day.

I wouldn't mind seeing it repurposed for Blood Elf Druids.

I don't know who made it but I personally love it and wish Blizzard had seen it or liked it enough to use it in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Belfs as druids aren't that far fetched at all.
    What I want are Forsaken druids;

Imagine a secluded lab where the Forsaken are conducting tests with new "weapons". Garrosh tasks your toon to go check this out and make sure everything's on the up-and-up, cause yeah, forsaken. You get there and the stiffs have been experimenting on captured night-elf and grimtotem druids. They have found a way to approximate the druid abilities using necromancy instead of nature magic. They heal through infectious cancerous agents, they shapeshift by literally breaking their bodies apart and reassembling them into more useful shapes (in-game just use the dead/sick skins), and so on. You get the info on this corruption of the natural order and go to deliver your report back to garrosh, and on the way out you notice that perhaps some of the "grimtotem" corpses weren't grimtotem after all.

Also, if Belfs get droods, then the Alliance should get gnome droods. Just say that Gnome druidism is actually the product of goofy science, kinda like the world shrinking device and such. They could have the cub forms for the bear/cat, the singing sunflower for their tree, and the moonkin hatchling form for moonkin. Travel form could be a housecat model with a cheetah skin, and their flight form should be a rocketchicken. Another alternative would be that they get clockwork skins and their "shapeshifting" is actually just them piloting different robots.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Turns out some of the more open-minded Farstriders have been learning druidism from the tauren and trolls.

Bam. Blood elf druids.
    Source? (10char)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    Source? (10char)
    I think he's just being witty ...