Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is funny, I'm another person who kept saying that 4.3 was going to go live on 11/29. Of course no one listens to me in my little WoW world I live in! This is great though how it is actually coming out before most people (and 1000 different podcasts) predicted. heh It's probably like a surprise to alot of people. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Originally Posted by Nakatoir
    We will be opening a Portuguese realm on the Cyclone battlegroup, that will be named Aggra and will be a PvE realm. It will be open for migration and character creation on December 7. More details about this will be communicated to you at a later point.
    Are we sure it's going live on 29th ? Darkmoon island makes me think it will...but this..
    A new realm opening would not be connected to the patch release date at all. If anything, it would be much harder for a team to deploy a new realm AND a new patch at the same time, ans would point more toward tomorrow.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Still nothing on blizz site. Still no trailer. This is Deathwing, I would assume they would like to make an extra-epic trailer. But this is a fansite and there is still nothing official. Although Darkmoon starts this saturday and they would prolly want to release the patch before their biggest change but still i would say it is tricky. Again, I'm basing my theory on the fact that there is nothing official yet. Seems tricky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    All we have is indirect hintings as we'll never get them to directly announce a patch.

Here's what I've been able to find thus far :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595347709

8 hour maintenance.

https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/statu...35242471813120

"Season 10 ending November 29. Interpret that as you will. #indirectpatchreleasedateannouncements"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post14392107

Rest of the 4.3 pre-patch files up on the download servers but not authorized for download by the launcher.

Blizzard seldom releases a patch the same day a PvP season ends. Their typical pattern is they end a season, wipe MMR for the teams, and lock out Arenas and RBGs for a week. They only did it once, and that was when 4.0 (The Shattering patch, pre-Cata) happened. 8 hour maintenance could just be preparation for the patch on Dec. 6th. Bashiok's twitter comment could be relating to Dec. 6th and not Nov. 29th. He just said the season ends, not the patch releases that day (Keyword: INDIRECT). And the 4.3 pre-patch files are still being "held" on the servers likely until patch goes live and we download the final chunk that fully installs the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerax View Post
    Still nothing on blizz site. Still no trailer. This is Deathwing, I would assume they would like to make an extra-epic trailer. But this is a fansite and there is still nothing official. Although Darkmoon starts this saturday and they would prolly want to release the patch before their biggest change but still i would say it is tricky. Again, I'm basing my theory on the fact that there is nothing official yet. Seems tricky to me.
    Most Blizzard employees likely only worked 2-3 days last week, and they have only been back at work for about 2 hours now. Give them some time.

---------- Post added 2011-11-28 at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmoku View Post
    Blizzard seldom releases a patch the same day a PvP season ends.
    Why do people keep believing/repeating this? In fact the reverse is true, Blizzard has NEVER started an arena season the same day as a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    All is normal, all is usual - given Season 10 end was announced ...

Season 1 : ended WITH patch 2.1.2 on June 19 2007
    Season 2 : ended TWO WEEKS AFTER patch 2.3.0 on November 26 2007
    Season 3 : ended independent of patch on June 23 2008
    Season 4 : ended WITH patch 3.0.2 on October 14 2008
    Season 5 : ended WITH patch 3.1.0 on April 14 2009

Season 6 : ended independent of patch on August 25 2009
    Season 7 : ended TWO WEEKS BEFORE patch 3.3.2 on January 19 2010
    Season 8 : ended WITH patch 4.0.1 on October 12 2010
    Season 9 : ended WITH patch 4.2.0 on June 28 2011
    Season 10: ended WITH patch 4.3.0 on November 29 2011

Source wowpedia.org
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2011-11-28 at 06:15 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus on the blue post about the season ending on the 29th, it states that Conquest Points will be reset at the end of the season. They would HAVE to reset Valor too. And Maintenance is starting at 1am that's VERY soon and plus it's an 8 hr maintenance that'll the proof you need to know it's patch day tomorrow.

Is it just me, or are the first 6 the most uninspired boss models ever?

Lol right! I have a TOR beta key but once I logged on I got about level 2 and just said sigh, great game but I don't want to waste more time on another mmo at the moment. I will eventually give it some time in the later future since I have a couple friends stoked about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Rogue (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)Wound Poison now reduces the target’s healing received by 25%, up from 10%."THATS ALL?!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Is it just me, or are the first 6 the most uninspired boss models ever?
    Meh, I thought the same about the Vezzax copy...until I did the fight. The pure visual awesome that is P2...more than makes up for his shared model.

---------- Post added 2011-11-28 at 07:02 PM ----------

No it's not, I'm not full 391 because i'm missing head, neck, back, relic but a fire mage with full 391 was performing exactly as my boomkin (I have DTR)
    On recount you can see: first spell dmg wise "fireball" second spell "ignite" .... the buff to pyro direct dmg is ok but the 100% buff to the dot portion is over the board.
    You being out DPSed by someone not using a DTR doesn't mean that DTR isn't the best caster weapon available...it just means you would have gotten beat much worse if that Mage had DTR.

No it's not, I'm not full 391 because i'm missing head, neck, back, relic but a fire mage with full 391 was performing exactly as my boomkin (I have DTR)
    On recount you can see: first spell dmg wise "fireball" second spell "ignite" .... the buff to pyro direct dmg is ok but the 100% buff to the dot portion is over the board.
    This has less to do with DTR being the BiS caster weapon bar none, than it has to do with the fire mage probably whoopin' your behind in deeps much more if he/she had had DTR.

You are wrong. DTR is the best caster weapon in the game and will remain so post-nerf.

Standard of living suggestion: There's a lot of people surfing your site on smart phones now, please move the link to view comments to the top of the wall of text / images, instead of at the bottom.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let the race begin !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashvirtually View Post
    This has less to do with DTR being the BiS caster weapon bar none, than it has to do with the fire mage probably whoopin' your behind in deeps much more if he/she had had DTR.

You are wrong. DTR is the best caster weapon in the game and will remain so post-nerf.
    Maybe on boomkins with the proc nerf it's sucking, I didn't get a single proc on a nuke, always proc'd on dot ticks, while on live i see very often double starfires / 2 extra wraths.

WTB Patch trailer

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scheduled Realm Maintenance 11/29/2011

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, November 29th. Maintenance will begin at 1:00 AM PST and conclude at approximately 9:00 AM PST. During this time, all realms and many web services will be unavailable

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595347709

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Poor Europe... have to wait until wednesday... Have fun getting the world firsts...

So I'm just going to assume they will be releasing the patch tomorrow since they will be having an 8 hour maintenance. my question is, should i spend all my CP and VP today? i was planning on doing arena tomorrow but i dont wanna screw myself out of 2k CP. if that is the case, then why didnt blizz say that season 10 would end on the 22nd? my apologies for the stupid questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashvirtually View Post

You are actually the one person that's wrong. Yes, in terms of your own dps whoring DTR is best in slot for all caster dps, providing they have it. However the haste procs from that weapon, if provided that multiple casters own it (about 6-8 I think), it would buff the raid performance quite a bit. I don't know whether you know it or not, but that little bit of haste might send other dps/healers into a higher threshold they otherwise can't even reach.

It's not always about your own dps, and the thing I've noticed from DTR owners, 95% of the owners didn't merit the staff and still can't do proper dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VeNoM0713 View Post
    So I'm just going to assume they will be releasing the patch tomorrow since they will be having an 8 hour maintenance. my question is, should i spend all my CP and VP today? i was planning on doing arena tomorrow but i dont wanna screw myself out of 2k CP. if that is the case, then why didnt blizz say that season 10 would end on the 22nd? my apologies for the stupid questions.
    The arena season still ends on the 29th, regardless of whether the patch will go live or not. However, you'll still have a week time to spend your conquest points before the reset, which should happen a week after the end of this season.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan