Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Calliing all healers.

Anyone else playing a healer? I'm currently playing a level 22 imperial agent and having a ton of fun. Only thing i wish that the game had was mouse over macros. duns and pvp seem to be the same as in wow keep the group alive and if possible throw out a cc.

I've not played a healer class so far, but I have been wondering how healing is. Do you have to select your target to heal them? I can see myself getting annoyed with that after playing Wow for years with Clique and Grid, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeniff View Post
    I've not played a healer class so far, but I have been wondering how healing is. Do you have to select your target to heal them? I can see myself getting annoyed with that after playing Wow for years with Clique and Grid, etc.
    its kind of like the default wow ui. As far as i know you cant move the party frames. But basically you click on there party frame and then use the skill you wish to use on them.

oof. I'm not going to say that's a deal breaker, but that is going to take some getting used to. I'll probably be tanking first.

Yeah, I won't be healing until macros are in the game.

And I don't mean that I CAN'T do it, I did it for years in WoW... but after you discover mouse over macros, you just don't want to do anything else.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    I'll likely try out healing when I feel comfortable with the game mechanics and have a better computer. So far, the most confusing element for me is crew skills. Once I get that figured out, I should be fine!

The big difference (besides no addons) between SWTOR and WoW PvP healing is that you can't heal through damage very well in SWTOR. I wonder how endgame PvP will be, though. I'm not against triage-type healing, especially since SWTOR allows healing classes to do decently against dps classes. I've killed a few dps classes 1v1 as a Sawbones Scoundrel... which is good, considering that I can't kill anyone with my Holy Pally.

I've tried out 2 healers now, Bounty Hunter was my first which I was quite unsure about (got to level 32). I love the story and play style etc but I didn't enjoy the healing as much in pvp. I'm now trying out an Inquisitor and I enjoy that alot more. Still unsure about what to play for when the game comes out though.

I was DPSing on my Bounty Hunter when I got the Healing Stance. I tried it and it made my standard Shoot ability able target my allies. When I shoot allies it shoots green healing darts. Coolest fucking mechanic ever. Made me want to try BH healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a couple flashpoints as an Imperial Operative and I really enjoyed their healing mechanics. I do reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope they add mouseover macros, then I will definitely be extremely pleased with the class.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

And I don't mean that I CAN'T do it, I did it for years in WoW... but after you discover mouse over macros, you just don't want to do anything else.
    Feel the same way.
    I was kinda disapointed on that and was trying to put up a lil heal on my #1 button and target + right click but it was not the same LOL
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I'm pumped to heal in Swtor. I was a Shaman healer during most of BC and Wrath, and I always used Grid, and relied on keybinds and clicked my target on the raid frame. I didn't have to adjust to Swtor at all.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Hot-key heals, click a raid frame, hit the hot-key. Have we gotten so lazy that we can't click a raid frame?

I'm interested to try out Operative healing, care to elaborate on what made it fun?

I'm currently healing on my SI, and I love the CC and stuns, and I just got Jolt (Interrupt) and Force Speed, making PVP really enjoyable. Once I get a couple instant heals/hots, I'll be loving it even more. I love that we're able to DPS when there's not much to heal. I can keep people shielded and slow, stun, and nuke, not to mention my AOE knockback.

I can 1v1 most SI Assassins, Knights, and Operatives, but throw 2v1 and they get a couple CCs on you, and I'm lucky to make it away with a bubble and force speed. PVP is really fun in this game, can't wait for the 15th!

I haven't yet, but I will be in retail. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I'm pumped to heal in Swtor. I was a Shaman healer during most of BC and Wrath, and I always used Grid, and relied on keybinds and clicked my target on the raid frame. I didn't have to adjust to Swtor at all.
    I hear ya! I healed on my druid in BC, Holy Paladin in early Wrath then Shaman in late Wrath, back to Paladin in Cataclysm, cleared through Cho'gall before I quit about 2 months in...just used Grid and keybinds, you have the length of a heal, or global cooldown at least to click your next target, its not difficult at all.

And yes you can unlock and scale the raid frames in SWTOR, just mess around in the preferences to scale, and to unlock theres a little button on the top left of the frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Binion View Post
    Hot-key heals, click a raid frame, hit the hot-key. Have we gotten so lazy that we can't click a raid frame?

I'm interested to try out Operative healing, care to elaborate on what made it fun?

I'm currently healing on my SI, and I love the CC and stuns, and I just got Jolt (Interrupt) and Force Speed, making PVP really enjoyable. Once I get a couple instant heals/hots, I'll be loving it even more. I love that we're able to DPS when there's not much to heal. I can keep people shielded and slow, stun, and nuke, not to mention my AOE knockback.

I can 1v1 most SI Assassins, Knights, and Operatives, but throw 2v1 and they get a couple CCs on you, and I'm lucky to make it away with a bubble and force speed. PVP is really fun in this game, can't wait for the 15th!
    Its not about laziness, its about timing. 1 click is always faster than 2 clicks. I also enjoyed with mouseover macros the ability to always keep the bad guy as my target so I could see what he was casting and who he was casting it on. That said, ill still heal. It'll just take some practice since I'm so used to mouseovers.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

Yeah, the lack of macro support has really been a bit of concern for me. The problem is that you have so many people who are vehemently against it, as they equate mouse over macros to Healbot or click to cast. Every thread about the topic that comes up on the SWTOR forums has several posts like that where I have to clarify that they simply aren't the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox165 View Post
    Anyone else playing a healer? I'm currently playing a level 22 imperial agent and having a ton of fun. Only thing i wish that the game had was mouse over macros. duns and pvp seem to be the same as in wow keep the group alive and if possible throw out a cc.
    We've been pleading with them to add mouseovers on the beta forums. *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Grimboozer View Post
    Its not about laziness, its about timing. 1 click is always faster than 2 clicks.
    Only if you need to change targets, and you haven't been anticipating targets. I usually have my next target selected before my last heal finishes casting. I could see it being an issue in a game where healing is faster paced and mostly instant. But not in the current gen model of 1.5-3s cast spells.

I tried a Sage, but only briefly. I only had the one heal and it was weak nearly to the point of uselessness, DPSing to kill stuff faster seemed to reduce damage more ><.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    Only if you need to change targets, and you haven't been anticipating targets. I usually have my next target selected before my last heal finishes casting. I could see it being an issue in a game where healing is faster paced and mostly instant. But not in the current gen model of 1.5-3s cast spells.
    Exactly, even on instants you have the global cooldown, which is plenty long enough to click a raid frame. I always know where my next heal is going.