Thread: Open World PvP?

Open World PvP?

Hi guys, I know there is no factions in GW2, but I was wondering if there will be any open world pvp? will there be possibility for me to attack another player without "requesting" a duel. I think it be interesting and quite awesome if there are grounds that belong to certain guilds and the guilds war with eachother out side of those premastered WorldvWorldvWorld ....

thoughts?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    theres no word of that yet, its a good idea tho
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. They didn't want people cringing every time they met another player while questing. They want the game to be naturally multi-player and have people work together seamlessly. The game will have so many pvp options that you won't miss being ganked in open world pvp one bit.

not in the pve world, the game is designed with anti-griefing gameplay, so you won't be able to give other players a bad experience.

There is WvWvW, 4 huge zones that are connected, with tons of things to do. Small groups can help caravans while big groups/guilds can take forts/castles and others can siege those castles. Battles with hundreds of players are possible. You can use your pve character, but you won't have to leave this area, you can level your character entirely in this part of the gw2-world. Enemies still drop loot like pve creatures and you'll have your open world experience like you never had it before

WvWvW means that 3 servers are competing against each other, it balances itself, if one side gets too strong the other sides can work together if they wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikvis View Post
    Nope. They didn't want people cringing every time they met another player while questing. They want the game to be naturally multi-player and have people work together seamlessly.
    Nikvis gets it

The devs have said you should never be annoyed to see another player in the world. That's why mining nodes are shared, there is no mob tagging, multiple people can get drops for attacking a single mob, dynamic event objectives are shared, and there is no world PVP ganking. The game is designed to foster co-operation and community.

10+ Year Old Account
    WvWvW would be the only "open map" PvP to me other than "structured" PvP.

Not sure how these will work yet, I'm stillllllllllllllll waiting on word of Beta like the rest of the crowd here.

Deleted
    I would like dueling hell if they can make it so you can group duel without going into a BG would pretty cool I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    I would like dueling hell if they can make it so you can group duel without going into a BG would pretty cool I think.
    Sadly atm dueling isn't in the game, but when it was brought up in one of the Q&A's they said that it will be implemented later, but may not be at release.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Sadly atm dueling isn't in the game, but when it was brought up in one of the Q&A's they said that it will be implemented later, but may not be at release.
    Hopefully dueling will take place in one area. I love seeing big gathering spots for dueling, besides the trolls, it's usually a pretty good experience for pvp gamers.

Sadly no.. maybe they will add a zone or something later on. I really wish there was but from a business standpoint it is probably an excellent idea. I really just hope WvWvW is big enough that you get that world pvp feel I don't really care for 10 people attacking 1 target type pvp I enjoy 1v1 or 1v2 the most lol.
    Last edited by worprz; 2011-11-29 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikvis View Post
    Hopefully dueling will take place in one area. I love seeing big gathering spots for dueling, besides the trolls, it's usually a pretty good experience for pvp gamers.
    Omg, i would love that! It'd be like dalaran sewers in wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Sadly no.. maybe they will add a zone or something later on. I really wish there was but from a business standpoint it is probably an excellent idea. I really just hope WvWvW is big enough that you get that world pvp feel I don't really care for 10 people attacking 1 target type pvp I enjoy 1v1 or 1v2 the most lol.
    You do realize WvWvW has no limit on how many people can join it right? It also has no minimum
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    WvWvW means that 3 servers are competing against each other, it balances itself, if one side gets too strong the other sides can work together if they wish.
    or number 1 and 2 can team up to CRUSH the weakest
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    or number 1 and 2 can team up to CRUSH the weakest
    Together Glytch, we shall rule the galaxy! Assassin and Beast master!

10+ Year Old Account
    Together Glytch, we shall rule the galaxy! Assassin and Beast master!
    the return of the bunny thumper! you knock them down and ill stabbify them

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bunny_thumper
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    the return of the bunny thumper! you knock them down and ill stabbify them

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bunny_thumper
    lol i preferred using enraged lunge, monks don't get back up when you hit them for a few hundred several times in a row...

PS: Also i've been debating on making a pack hunter build... Just unsure about what i'd want to put on my armor...
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2011-11-29 at 03:48 AM.

thats not as unlikely as it seems I guess, there will be around 30 minigames in the game and since norn and charr are very battle-loving races I totally can see this in their cities. Some minigames are queueable and a lot of them stick you in a pvp szenario (kegbrawl, barfight,...)