Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Emotional response: I am completely against aborting any child based on genetic screening. My friends have a son with downs, and they made the choice to continue with the pregnancy despite their fears and knowing that he was very likely to be born with the condition. They have never regretted their decision to keep their child, and after birth he has surpassed all medical expectations in terms of growth and neurological development. I am very happily the god-parent of this child, and will become his care-giver if anything happened to his parents.

Scientific response: If you believe in evolution through genetic mutation, then aborting based on mutations is a bad idea. Reduced genetic diversity is usually considered a bad thing for the overall survivability of a species. What we consider to be a 'bad' mutation may be the mutation that saves humanity from an unexpected environmental change in the future.
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Also the claim that Einstein had a disability is false. Just a myth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Not as crass as you might think. Considering you and one other already decided that it was a criticism against those who make that choice...rather than seeing that it could also be mocking people who think that is just a matter of inconvenience and not quality of life that leads people to do so.
    I've not seen your comment as a criticism against it, my opinions on abortion are mixed. The bit I disagree with is your phrasing of it which could be taken as seriously offensive. It's a serious matter of a childs life and you making a passing comment about putting it in a blender is just one step too far in my opinion and clearly in that of anothers.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the destruction of a child due to a condition that its parents were partially (sometimes completely) responsible for pretty much sums up what is wrong with the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    "Son, you are inconvenient...into the blender!"
    "Nnnuuuuuuu"
    Is it bad that I laughed at that.

I'm curious why people think outlawing abortion would do much for abortion anyway.