Poll: Woul you play a Harry Potter MMORPG?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    First off: ABSOLUTELY YES I WOULD.

Secondly: I personally believe that an HP MMORPG would have to take place at Hogwarts. There is no more iconic place in the series than Hogwarts. You would treat years like levels, with patches/expansions slowly but surely expanding the max year that a player could attain. Hogwarts as it's depicted in both the books and the movies is more than large enough to support a few thousand people, so each server would have their own Hogwarts to be part of. Houses could be treated like factions, and you could easily have instances based on iconic moments--and original occurences--in many different locations.
    Expanding the years? It's not a level cap! That's like expanding high school. Besides are you honestly tell me you wouldn't want to be an Auror or a Profesional Quidditch Player so on and so fourth?

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 01:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by strechypants View Post
    heck yea - i've been dreaming of that for a long time now. not even harry specifically, but the world (kinda like tor is thousands of yrs earlier). i just can't think of very many classes ... unless you go potions master, defense against da, herbologist, magical creatures, transfiguration etc
    Less class more jobs. Become an Auror and hunt down Dark wizards for example. After Hogwarts that is as for skills I think it should depend on which classes you took.

I don't think an MMORPG is really befitting the Harry Potter universe. I think that the Elder Scrolls gamestyle would be far more fitting. That sort of open world sandbox rpg, with several stories interacting with an overarching main plot. Basically playing in Hogwarts and some of the other places the books/movies take you, and there would be separate mini quest lines for some of the teachers or events that occur in the several years, all the while there's the main quest which resembles what actually occurs in the books. That would definitely be a treat if done right. An MMO, not so much.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

Deleted

Excelsior! I would totally make a character in his image.

If it was a solid game.

Deleted
    I've been wishing for a MMORPG of Harry Potter since the HP universe started.
    Tho, today, I may be a little worried, how it would be, since going to classes and stuff like that, might be weird In an Openworld MMO.

Still, I voted yes since my dream of it, isn't gone.

I was never a fan of the series, so probably not. I could see it being potentially interesting, but I feel like if they wanted to make it good, they would have to take a TON of liberties with the storyline (I only vaguely know what it is). That and I'm not looking to play as a freaking high school kid -_-

depends on the how, who etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronald weasley
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Voldemort would have to be the final boss of the game, so the question is how much content could be placed before that to keep people playing? Granted theres a lot of material in the books, but i think after a while it would just devolve to "can we just fight him now?".

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Voldemort would have to be the final boss of the game, so the question is how much content could be placed before that to keep people playing? Granted theres a lot of material in the books, but i think after a while it would just devolve to "can we just fight him now?".
    What not take the lore someplace like....after voldemort is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    I don't think so. I'd rather prefer something like Naruto but not Harry Potter.
    you know, a naruto MMORPG doesn't sound half bad. i envision something like half WoW and half Assassin's Creed, and NINJAS!

and isint the harry potter world more then just school? seriously? why cant we play as adults?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atsuma6626 View Post
    I really dont see that happening, sadly.

Would work best if players were members of the minstry of magic and the other faction as a death eater style cult.

long after harrys time.

Probably not if it is during the book times, I have an idea though...What if the game was based before Harry Potter was born/when he was a young kid, like we are fighting Voldemort in his first prime of power instead of the time Harry is alive. Still some iconic characters, and you would be able to play as adults. However the class system would be very confusing, because there isn't that many choices to make, it's basically mage or warlock on wow terms. Perhaps add in some lore of fighter wizards, who used swords or something like that, but magic swords like the gryffindor one. And maybe have a 'animal tamer' class which focuses on using animals and nature to help fight, one class does more of basic spells, but still the classes are limitted. Unless there is a muggle class....

Would work best if players were members of the minstry of magic and the other faction as a death eater style cult.

long after harrys time.
    Of if players started out as a 7th year student as a turtorial and had to pick between the 2

Yes! It needn't be confined to school either. Schools are for cultivating the skills to go out into the world so why not have the wider wizarding world as the end game?

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    Well really i was thinking more about the idea of the Naruto world not really the story in the manga/anime. More like Post Naruto manga or pre Leaf village. Like being either a Ninjutsu Ninja, Genjutsu or Taijutsu or a samurai!
    Exploding bubbles?

I would play it for sure there's so many options and paths the game could take! Order one faction death water clan other faction or what ever. Classes could be wizard/ witch both factions get, order can have goblins and centaurs ( only good people apart from wizards I can re and goblins arent even that nice) and dark side get death eaters and giants??
    If you could think of more good side classe the dark side could also have inferi
    It would take a lot of time to do it but I reckon if done right it would be so bad ass.. Being in that 19-20 range I grew up with Harry potter and I loved the story and. Haracters and especially hog warts I reckon It would do well if done properly

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Probably not if it is during the book times, I have an idea though...What if the game was based before Harry Potter was born/when he was a young kid, like we are fighting Voldemort in his first prime of power instead of the time Harry is alive. Still some iconic characters, and you would be able to play as adults. However the class system would be very confusing, because there isn't that many choices to make, it's basically mage or warlock on wow terms. Perhaps add in some lore of fighter wizards, who used swords or something like that, but magic swords like the gryffindor one. And maybe have a 'animal tamer' class which focuses on using animals and nature to help fight, one class does more of basic spells, but still the classes are limitted. Unless there is a muggle class....
    People need to get out of the mindset of 'class' and into 'skill'. Or rather classes as in 'I learned this in class' your skill set being basedd on what you took and how well you did?