Page 1 of 2
LastLast

after playing the beta i feel like they need to delay it again...

i think they should delay it based on what i saw from the beta weekend. maybe at least until march... just saying. what do you guys think??

depends on what you saw. i suppose. no details?

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to remember that betas are very rarely the final version of the game they have ready for release. There has probably been several months of development after the content we played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Postponing it again would make a shit storm that they probably shouldn't stir up. The current issues in the beta can be fixed through hot fixes/patches. It should only be postponed if the game is unplayable, which is far from the case.

People who say "just saying" without giving any reason always annoy me. "Just saying" is not a viable asset to a discussion.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Game felt pretty playable to me, although I had a stuck in a random spot issue for a bit (which was probably lag).

Albeit, I haven't seen past 25. I'm sure they wouldn't release an unplayable game. What we saw in beta this weekend was probably not even the one they are touching up right now. It was just a previous build that was stable enough to stress test.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it could use some work but still def a release candidate. It is well done and polished in most aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure why you feel that way, but other than some small insignificant glitches, I think they're fine releasing it when they plan to. There's really nothing "game-breaking" in my eyes, just some minor bugs. Most things will be smoothed out by release and if there are any bugs at release, they'll be fixed quickly too.

EDIT: They've already posted that they have the release build finished and that it will be patched in this week for the general testers. Beta should be ending for the general testers in the next 2 weeks anyway, so I'm pretty sure they're pretty much ready for launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't feed the trolls, really

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Postponing it again would make a shit storm that they probably shouldn't stir up. The current issues in the beta can be fixed through hot fixes/patches. It should only be postponed if the game is unplayable, which is far from the case.
    Exactly.

The game would never release if they went back and tried to make it perfect.

I think the best thing for the game is the impending launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    I think the best thing for the game is the impending launch.
    I completely agree with this statement. Nothing like an impending launch to put a fire under the developers to get the bugs fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    i think they should delay it based on what i saw from the beta weekend. maybe at least until march... just saying. what do you guys think??

Am I the only one that seen this and thought... TROLL

Come on now, delay it for 4 more months.. Yeah ok

For a BETA build of which we have no information about (there usually are further release candidates of the ones available in betas), i consider it to be extremely polished. I have scratched the surface of the game, but im completely satisfied with it!

Ofcourse bugs and issues will arise, i even suspect servers will have downtime upon launch, but its all to be expected upon the release of an MMO. Hotfixes and patches can sort that out.

Me? I'm disappointed the beta is over, and its 3 weeks roughly till release!

I played up to 21 (damn you fulltime job and stupid anniversary). I encountered basically no bugs other than getting stuck in place a few times, which /stuck fixed pretty quick. Considering you've got a freaking companion with you, I'm amazed how smooth everything really was.

There are -alot- of bugs that need to be polished, but I get the feeling that they are more grind work than engine-fixing things, and that is what crunch is all about. I think it will be fairly polished by the time it is released, atleast in the starting areas and they still have a few weeks of hotfix patches to fix up the top before the majority get there.

From what I saw, there were no game-breaking bugs. I played through level 23 this weekend, and the bugs that I saw were just cosmetic.

There is a bug where, in dialog cinematics, glowing objects would be shown through other objects. A lightsaber behind a character would be shown through them, or a holographic projection would be shown layered over the other characters on screen (regardless of how they should be layered).

Sometimes my character could not loot, but this was quickly solved by using shift-click.

My only disconnects were due to my own internet cutting in and out, and never because of the server crashing. There was only one maintenance restart that I saw, but I went to bed during this time, so I' not sure how long the reset actually lasted. I did have just a couple issues (3-4) with it crashing to desktop. I never figured out if this was just the game crashing, or if it was due to my internet disconnecting during loading.

There were periodic long pauses between certain dialog scenes. This was never really an issue, but it just made the story segments take a few seconds longer than they should.

I could hear other people's companions talking, but sometimes there were no other players around. I'm not sure what was really happening, but I saw minor talks of it in general chat. It was something they (the people in general chat) were already saying that Bioware knew about, and was a known bug.

And, the worst bug of them all. The one thing that got to me more than anything else in this entire beta... The god-dammed yellow/orange pixel that was hanging just left of center during gameplay. This was the thing I saw the most, and actually got me the most frustrated. I'm sure this is an easy fix, and to see that it wasn't fixed yet was just a little upsetting. I know it's something small, but it is actually my worst complaint. If this were in the release version, it would get on my nerves every time I played.

This is my general experience during playing SW:ToR beta. There were other things that I noticed, but I'd have to think longer about them. Nothing glaringly bad that made me not be able to play happened during the 2-3 days that I had played.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real issues I had in the beta were mostly due to lag - exactly what they were testing for. There were some graphical glitches, and one unfortunate encounter with Windows Firewall, but otherwise the game was perfectly acceptable for a beta. I'd be extremely surprised if the game wasn't already polished more than it is (as hulkgor said, beta releases aren't dev releases). This seems like an acceptable timeline.

One bug that did piss me off though: if my follower was trying to heal me and I got on my speeder the green glowing effect from the heal stayed. And was added to every time it happened. Last night I logged off and I looked like I came from a nuclear plant.

EDIT: I hated that damn pixel too. It made me die once, I swear.
    Last edited by gualdhar; 2011-11-29 at 05:13 AM.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    Am I the only one that seen this and thought... TROLL

Come on now, delay it for 4 more months.. Yeah ok

dont get me wrong i want them to release it but, i dont think its finished yet. i dont want them to release an unfinished game and then lose players because of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    dont get me wrong i want them to release it but, i dont think its finished yet. i dont want them to release an unfinished game and then lose players because of it
    You do realize that there will be content patches, and I honestly don't think it'll even be 1.5-2 months before they release the first content patch.