Failed batch of bread

Well I had some frozen banana puree left over from when they were about to go and tried an experimental banana bread batch that collapsed on itself (I rushed the rising process).

Now I'm thinking of ways to recover it, possibly bread pudding. Any suggestions?

Pseudo bread pudding? Especially with banana, could make it in a foster-esq style.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylicious View Post
    Well I had some frozen banana puree left over from when they were about to go and tried an experimental banana bread batch that collapsed on itself (I rushed the rising process).

Now I'm thinking of ways to recover it, possibly bread pudding. Any suggestions?
    I've messed up banana bread plenty of times. I think if the baking powder is old, or has been opened for too long, it looses the ability to rise. Also, were you using cake-flour?

Quote Originally Posted by pallydan View Post
    I've messed up banana bread plenty of times. I think if the baking powder is old, or has been opened for too long, it looses the ability to rise. Also, were you using cake-flour?
    I believe the baking powder starts to lose its efficacy when it's opened as it will absorb moisture in the air.

I was using an all purpose flour and baking yeast, I just got a little impatient because I started it late and tossed it in the oven.

I'll probably turn it into some sort of dessert with ice cream and a topping.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylicious View Post

Slice it lengthwise and dip it in egg, fry them up so the pieces are crispy on the outside and moist in the middle to make french toast sticks. Serve with maple syrup or fresh banana slices and whipped creme.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteWolf View Post
    Slice it lengthwise and dip it in egg, fry them up so the pieces are crispy on the outside and moist in the middle to make french toast sticks. Serve with maple syrup or fresh banana slices and whipped creme.
    Actually a pretty solid idea, I would give this a try if I was in the same situation.

Deleted
    Porridge.

One of the few dishes you can make out of mush.