Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWiseMendicant View Post
    I'm sure most people will be agreeing with me in a few months time.
    No. They wont.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    I didn't like the time I spent in SW:TOR beta.
    The game just doesn't make sense, dualwield lightsabers and they dont melt people in one hit.

The game will keep generate what 4 million players but half of them are lost before they hit max level, rest of them will be casual starwars nerds, you know the same kids that played digimon because pokemon was unrealistic.
    Well of course some game play things need to be changed in order for the game to function.

Why does that Warrior with with 2 x 2H swords not just cut you in half? See that motorcycle that you ride in-game, why does it just appear?

Also there is characters in Star Wars lore that have dual wielded before.

So what else didn't make sense in the game for you?
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    I didn't like the time I spent in SW:TOR beta.
    The game just doesn't make sense, dualwield lightsabers and they dont melt people in one hit.

The game will keep generate what 4 million players but half of them are lost before they hit max level, rest of them will be casual starwars nerds, you know the same kids that played digimon because pokemon was unrealistic.
    lol just wow people trolling hard what's not to understand you slash someone with a sword in wow and they aren't cut in half

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    Is this thread about cheap wine?
    I have to say, I have a bottle or two. yah I am a take it easy on Saturday type of person.

I should point out I did have some major issues with the game which where legit, almost all of which have been fixed on this build.

I had issue with gear Light sabers where not special and you kept having to replace them.-> Fixed with the Crafting System, the color of the Item is how many Slots it has, the Stats are 100% on the Slotted parts.

I don't like head gear in any MMO, you could turn off head slot but not Hoods. -> Fixed with Crafting System, Find blue or better gear and You can keep it until you replace it with a purple you like.

No Dressing room for player or companion. -> fixed in this patch

Other issues:
    Respects, Bugs with server lag, Transportation in pre-mount zones... Long list.

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    I'd rather see SWTOR have 1 million subs with a great community than 12million subs with WoWs community.
    The current SWTOR community is probably worse then WoWs. Why?

Because you have
    1) SWG-Sandbox players looking for a Sandbox Game
    2) Bioware-Fans looking for KOTOR 3-10
    3) WoW-Gamers looking for a "new" game
    4) SW-Fans that never played an MMO
    5) Bioware-Fans that never played an MMO

All those groups will clash, and lastly the games future will be based on the biggest of those group(s), or the ones that share the most things, or the one that are the easiest(cheapest) to satisfy.

I'm still on the fence about this one too. I'm in love with some aspects, hate some others. All I really see in this thread, just like every other thread before it, is fan bois on both sides of the fence flaming the hell out of each other.

Maybe I'm just so jaded from wow. I only log on twice a week, 30 minutes prior to raid time, 4 hours during the raid and about 15-30 minutes after the raid. I don't touch wow outside of the end game. Maybe TOR will be the same way for me. I enjoyed the linear class quest lines, and I see what the OP is talking about with the tunneling your character to the next quest objective, even outside of the class quests. Is it a deal breaker? Nope. Hell, just by allowing me to clear my damn error frames would have upped the game play for me ten fold. Maybe a combat log. That would be nice, I am DPS you know, gotta strech my epeen. No seriously, it's really hard to tell what skills work, which ones don't, and what order to do them in without logging in some way.

Overall, it feels like wow did so long ago, when it was completely unfriendly to new players and a hell of a lot of fun once you get things sorted out. I'd love for some of the wow additions to be added, like a random dungeon finder feature, UI customization, more direction and better defined quest hubs, but overall none of it really matters. I didn't make it to level 50, and that's when any MMO starts.

Well I do have to say that I agree with him, partly, with number 1. The world did feel very confined, almost like some corridors. I only got to Taris, which was a little more open, so maybe it does open up the higher level you get. BioWare has always had that linear, corridor worlds though. Their most open game was probably Baulders Gate but their games have progressively gotten more linear. Anyway, just a small gripe of mine.

I loved Bioware until DA:2 and SWTOR isn't doing it for me. The voice acting is the only thing done properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I have been in the Beta since June of this year.

1 The world design should be as linear as possible!
    The Storyline for each class is Linear, however if you want to level by doing PVP/Flashpoints you can. Also the Leveling rate on PVP and flash points is the faster track.

2 Voice over everything
    Yes because they want to attract more than just WOW fanboys.

3 Don't innovate! Copy!
    You Mean like how WOW copied EQ, and EQ copied Ultima? Or like How every MMO besides EVE, COH/V and the Now Closing SWG was a clone of every other MMO. They are using the Standard in Most MMOs while doing things right, such as removing the grind in professions and Dungeons.

4 Companions!
    I personally Leveled to Max Level in the Last Beta Test on a SI without my companions, I kept sending them on there own missions. Sure I had to think a bit more and heal my self but you can do it without them if you want.

5 You do not let players customize the UI
    They have repeatedly said they will allow Addons and UI modifications after release. Even WOW didn't have full addon support and UI customization at first.

6 No Macros!
    This goes with the Addon Support they will introduce after launch.

7 No addons!
    This goes with the Addon Support they will introduce after launch. Geez you have three point talking about the same thing.

8 From the all possible artstyles, chose the worst!
    The Comic style is needed to make it a friendly game, you should look over the screen shots and gameplay for SWG they tried for photo realism.

9 Make thousands and THOUSANDS of different currencies.
    They have one currency. However They have tokens for gear for doing Dungeons, zones, PVP which are special to these things, when done with a zone you should have enough for one blue Item which you can keep until Max level (thanks to the Crafting system)

10 No competitive content
    You need to play more PVP then. Also I bet you never did any of the raids yet.

(Bonus) If ever you fail, blame it on the WoW incoming expansion or patch
    Are you kidding, WOW is killing itself, this next patch proves it, Cataclysm was a failure and Mist of Pandaria looks god awful. 4.3 has a few toys and another set of raids which people don't care about.

I will agree that the level 15-21 range is the hardest Leveling in the game, The world is bigger, the story is no longer linear, and you do not yet have a Mount. This is the way it was in WOW until you got your first mount so really you are saying you hate leveling. Go play DCU, you can get max level in 15 hours of gameplay. We don't need you in WOW or SWTOR because of people like you WOW is dieing.
    I love you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please see the existing thread about beta feedback for constructive discussion.

I've gone through and infracted those who felt it was necessary to post spam or flame responses; please don't bring those in the future in any thread.