Shadow Priest BIS list 4.3

I found a great BIS list that Zurie at HTP is putting together.

Here's the link:
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=946

Enjoy! Huge thank yout to Zurie and HTP
    Last edited by Elicium; 2011-11-29 at 06:11 PM.

The lists at HTP are always really good. Thanks for the link!

15+ Year Old Account
    d'aww thanks guys.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks!

I feel that the Cunning of the Cruel trinket is ranked way too low. I just got it from the LFR and I equipped both that trinket and the one from normal Ragnaros. They both give 406 int and a damage proc.
    After ~10 minutes on the lonely dummy in Orgrimmar Shadowbolt Volley did 4.4% of my damage and Lightning Bolt did 3.4% of my damage. With multiple targets CotC will obviously be much better.
    Now the trinket from Rag procs from critical attacks and I'm missing raid buffs of course, so in raids I would get more crit from intellect and the 5% crit buff (missing the 5% crit debuff in our 10 man), but I still feel it's ranked way too low compared to the VPLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorz View Post
    I feel that the Cunning of the Cruel trinket is ranked way too low. I just got it from the LFR and I equipped both that trinket and the one from normal Ragnaros. They both give 406 int and a damage proc.
    After ~10 minutes on the lonely dummy in Orgrimmar Shadowbolt Volley did 4.4% of my damage and Lightning Bolt did 3.4% of my damage. With multiple targets CotC will obviously be much better.
    Now the trinket from Rag procs from critical attacks and I'm missing raid buffs of course, so in raids I would get more crit from intellect and the 5% crit buff (missing the 5% crit debuff in our 10 man), but I still feel it's ranked way too low compared to the VPLC.
    So wait, it actually hits the target it's proccing off of? Cause it's worded saying it's only on the targets around it.

Also I'm curious how the Foul Gift of the Demon Lord ranks on that list.
    Last edited by Zomglazerpew; 2011-11-30 at 05:40 PM.

I got the normal raid 397 Cunning trinket and I can confirm it does in fact hit the target and that the proc benefits from shadowform 15% shadow damage bonus. It is better than VLPC normal for single target and it is so good its kinda scarey on aoe packs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember that this list is a work in progress, as always. Zurie had this to say this morning regarding the list and resimming:

Quote Originally Posted by Zurie
    Okay, here's the deal...

I am going to re-sim the stat weights a bit differently and here is why:
    -Stat Weights are heavily influenced by Tier Bonuses.
    -The current list is showing BiS gear based off of Tier 12 simulations.
    -The differences between T12 and T13 set bonuses are huge (Stat Weight-wise).

The issue is in the T12 to T13 set bonus transition -- you can't count apples, when all you have are oranges.

This is why I decided to sim new Stat Weights, using a "Shadow LFR BiS" gear list I made. This list contains items from the Raid Finder, plus 2 valor items (back and ring), all obtainable just from doing the Raid Finder.

The new Stat Weights I get by doing this will be far more accurate because it will be using the T13 set bonuses and at a "not-too-high" item level, where other Stat Weights may be useless.

Keep in mind:
    Stat Weights are relative to the gear used to simulate the fights, meaning this list is assuming you are at about the same stats as the gear used to simulate the fights.

I know I'm kind of just thinking out loud, but I would like to keep everyone, who is interested in knowing these things, in the loop.
    Foul Gift (intentionally) isn't on the list because it's difficult to sim. Rest assured, though, we will figure out the trinkets as best as possible.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Deleted
    Hmm... chances are that they'll fix our scaling with Cunning of the Cruel I guess. At the moment it seems to scale stupidly well with our other talents. Oh well, lets just hope they wont fix it (like they never really fixed Shard of Woe or Moonwell Chalice when content was current).

Hmm, so mastery is gonna turn out to be quite a lot better than haste it seems, i assume that's due to the 4 piece, and it's first when we got that, that we should start reforging away from haste to mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Hmm, so mastery is gonna turn out to be quite a lot better than haste it seems, i assume that's due to the 4 piece, and it's first when we got that, that we should start reforging away from haste to mastery?
    Yes, that's how I'm interpreting it. Still not sure I feel comfortable losing too much haste though. It will be interesting when Kilee update's the Shadow Priest guide to see how haste, mastery and crit interact at different levels with the four piece bonus.

That is what the sims are currently saying, in the perfect world of sims. But as stated in many threads it's going to very greatly from fight to fight and based on play style. Remember these are just guides to help people out, they are not by any means a bible to follow 100%.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt