Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it normal for Blizzard to delete user comments from their Youtube trailers?

Apparently Blizzard is doing damage control by deleting some of the negative comments from the recent 4.3 trailer on Youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yz4e...el_video_title

Is this something worrying or does this normally happen with videos on the official WoW channel?

They aren't anymore it seems.

Well they have via their twitter linked to things that give negative views on things like MoP so I can only imagine the things written were rather rude or trolling than constructive if what you said is true,

normal ? nope. suprising considering this being the worst instance trailer since totc, and i doubt any other? ... nope...

makes you wonder, if they are just trying to do bare minimum and keep the fanbois continue to blindly love the lack of love they put into the game these days, or if even the cinematic/in-game cinematic cut team has moved over to MoP/Titan?
    Last edited by Dannz; 2011-11-29 at 07:56 PM.

It's something new I suppose. Previous works didn't get as much criticism, their 4.3 video has a 40% dislike rating, which didn't used to happen.

It's because people are sick of Blizzard spraying febreeze on dog shit and saying that it's okay. Well guess what after an hour that dog shit will smell like dog shit again.

That was the worst patch trailer i've seen since ToC.....i was expecting more from blizz with 4.3 being the final patch, what a fitting way to end this expansion.....

We already had a thread on this 12 hours ago. It got locked.

Deleted
    Kinda funny how many dislikes it has compared to any other trailer (even 3.2 ToC)...

The youtube community is even worse than this one (when it comes to senseless and uninformed bile-spewing) so I'd imagine so.

Actually I was looking through the comments to get a feel for others opinions, and I didn't notice them editing much (did they really?). Actually, if Blizzard moderated the comments, the majority of comments would be gone..

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=2yz4ebjZCPg

Less fanboys in twiter, and people who can't comment on official forums because they have cancelled their accounts. For me it's a bit more reliable the comments on youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

I'm not sure why they'd bother to allow comments on Youtube in the first place. The posts there makes trade chat seem like a Mensa convention.

You do realise the posts could be getting reported and deleted by youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    You do realise the posts could be getting reported and deleted by youtube?
    No way! It's obviously Blizzard doing insane damage control because everyone hates their game and nobody plays it anymore!

Have I got the right idea about this thread?

Honestly, I don't know how anyone works for Blizzard and keeps their sanity, to be honest. I feel like bashing my head against the desk reading some of the comments/posts made by the community and I don't even have to personally deal with it every day at work.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. If people really hate the trailer that much just down vote it. No need to comment.

Granted it wasn't stellar, but I wouldn't troll their youtube account or down vote the video.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

i don't blame them. i huge 'hate wall' of text would like pretty ouch :/

it reminds me of the old ZG trailer, I can't tell if that's because the people that worked on making trailers decent quit, or if they're trying to cling to some sort of nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'm not sure why they'd bother to allow comments on Youtube in the first place. The posts there makes trade chat seem like a Mensa convention.
    If there is but ONE truth in the human world, it is this.

I got nothing agains't the trailer. It aint the Ulduar trailer, but not even Kobe can score 50 points a game for a whole season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Kinda funny how many dislikes it has compared to any other trailer (even 3.2 ToC)...
    it is just a bad trailer, not exciting or anything at all