Thread: elvui help?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I have the most annoying problem however, which is not me being lazy. My "Toggle Anchors" button does NOTHING, so I can't move anything around >_>

Halp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a little heads up guys/gals. If you don't like the v3.0 you can go to wowinterface.com and download the version that was 4.2.2 compatible from there and it'll go right back to the way it was. Skada/recount/etc still fits on the right and you can do everything exactly the same as before. I did this and don't plan to go to v3.0 until something drastically is changed/fixed with it.

Deleted
    How to get bag bar? Anyone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketsis View Post
    How to get bag bar? Anyone?
    Open bag inventory...in the upper portion of the frame you will notice 3 small "bars" one of them toggles bag...hope i helped

Deleted
    I can't configure my ElvUI at all, when I type /elvui nothing's happening. and all my bars, chat window are reset. How to configure it?

It still amazes me that people seek help here rather than on the dedicated pages for the UI. Yes, Elv 3.0 is vastly different in construction than Elv 2.2.x (which does still work as mentioned above). It takes a bit of time to set it up, but it is immeasurably more configurable than its predecessor. Elv did a number of videos that show exactly how to adjust action bars, etc and they should all available on the forum pages for his UI. I'd provide the link but I don't have enough postings yet. Go to tukui.org and navigate to the forums. Then go to Elv's forum pages and take advantage of the experience of the people that helped write the UI.

I will agree that the resetting of UI every time he releases a new patch is extremely annoying. I had to walk four of my guildies through the process of setting it up last night prior to raiding.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 09:20 AM ----------

Sithlord666 (and anyone else having issues getting to the config pages): At the bottom right corner of the mini-map is a box with a 'C' in it. Click the 'C' or type /ec to get into the configuration menus.
    Last edited by Junkdepot; 2011-11-30 at 03:04 PM. Reason: fixed an error in Tuk's site link.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    Also how will you get castbar showing time remaining instead of time that you have been casting?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho
    I have the most annoying problem however, which is not me being lazy. My "Toggle Anchors" button does NOTHING, so I can't move anything around >_>
    Try typing
    Code:
    /moveui
    This might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithlord666
    I can't configure my ElvUI at all, when I type /elvui nothing's happening. and all my bars, chat window are reset. How to configure it?
    If you are using the new one, there should be a button on the minimap. A small square button, I think it says "c" on it, click it, the options will show up (I think)

Hope this helps!

As someone else asked before, please let me know if there is a way to change the sizes for the buffs/debuffs on the unitframes.

Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    does this help: http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17551 or are you on a laptop :P
    LOL...well, I am on a laptop. However, middle clicking on the mmap does work for me, so thanks.

Still would like my bar back... >.>
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Still would like my bar back... >.>
    maybe this will help: https://github.com/Elv22/Tukui/commi...1d0a373e6124a0

taken from: http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17536

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    @eon drache.. sweet cheers,,, but yea took ages to get it how it was, had it lookin awesome.. now gotta fekk aboot wiv it all again.. sweet keybind addition tho

what annoyed me now is i just spent an hour odd just now doing it, log out, curse is still open and YEY another update for it lol "any changes you made will be reset" woopee lol.. cant wait to logon tomoro n do it all again. ty mr elv.
    Honestly, if I knew much about coding enough to add the button from Ultraxion to it, and fix the map, I would use the 2.0 version as I had it exactly how I wanted. I bought a lua programming book to try to learn for $15. 3.0 just isn't going the way I had thought it would. Hopefully it gets better as more additions are added. I do miss the bottom 4 slots for the data texts.

Deleted
    The new elv ui is soo good, soo many awsome customisations. Its alot better than 2.4.4

Just take the time and have a look around playing with settings, I sent 1hour sorting my ui and tis nearly perfect now. and def better than before 4.3

what I'm having trouble with is that not everything is "turn off" -able like it was before. I have a chat bug I'm working on, and I'm working on getting more than 1 action bar to cycle when I shapeshift. doable I think, just more complicated than in other bar mods like dominos (which is what I used with Elv before 3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Just a little heads up guys/gals. If you don't like the v3.0 you can go to wowinterface.com and download the version that was 4.2.2 compatible from there and it'll go right back to the way it was. Skada/recount/etc still fits on the right and you can do everything exactly the same as before. I did this and don't plan to go to v3.0 until something drastically is changed/fixed with it.
    Can you direct me to this as I'm on wowinterface and looking at all addons by Elv22 and can't find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it a bug that you can only track 2 quests at a time? No matter what i do, i cant track more then 2 quests on the quest tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    A note for anyone who visits the official ElvUI forum: Elv, like Tukz, is a bit of a nozzle. As in he doesn't take criticism well, regardless of how well given and intended.
    I don't know about Elv, but not for me. Please stop making false statement.

Elv released a updated version of the older Elvui (before 3.0), because of people complaining. Version 3.0 is not exactly done yet and he works like a madman making it complete (as 3.0 is a complete revamp of 2.0, so functions currently are missing). Here's the link to Elvui Lite .

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17947

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Is it a bug that you can only track 2 quests at a time? No matter what i do, i cant track more then 2 quests on the quest tracker.
    I have the same issue, pretty annoying. Hope it'll get fixed soon!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justaway View Post
    Elv released a updated version of the older Elvui (before 3.0), because of people complaining. Version 3.0 is not exactly done yet and he works like a madman making it complete (as 3.0 is a complete revamp of 2.0, so functions currently are missing). Here's the link to Elvui Lite .

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17947
    This has made me very happy, it has everything I needed without all the hassle of V3!

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently encountered a problem where ElvUI suddenly started reseting all the bar textures to the standard "Blizzard" every time I log out, reload my interface, or enter a dungeon. In addition, I am now unable to change the bar texture of addons such as Recount and BigWigs which is a tad annoying. ElvUI also does not seem to register all my textures. For example, in order to get the "Glaze" texture to apply to my unit frames, I first have to click "config..." in the BigWigs config menu in-game, after that is done, ElvUI regocnizes it and lets me use it... until I get to a loading screen.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? I've tried making sure that all textures are in the ElvUI/media/textures folder, as well as updating all my addons and disabling them one by one to see if that has been the issue. It hasn't.

Any help on the matter would be exceptionally appreciated. Thank you. <3

(Just posted this on the ElvUI forums as well)